Little Harley and Henry Hedgehog Rolls
15minutes cooking time
- 300g strong white Ã bread flour
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 4g (1tsp) caster sugar
- 4g (1tsp) easy-blend/fast action yeast
- 100ml water, warmed
- 50ml full-fat milk warmed
- 10g unsalted butter, softened
- 20 currants
- 5 glace cherries, quartered
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Tip the flour, salt, sugar and yeast wither into the bowl of a free-standing mixer fitted with a bread hook or into a large bowl, and mix until combined.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients.
- Combine the warm water and milk in a jug, add the softened butter and stir so that the butter starts to melt.
- Slowly pour the warm liquid into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Knead for about 7 minutes in the mixer or for 10-12 minutes by hand (little hands may need some help) until smooth and soft.
- Put the dough into a lightly greased mixing bowl, cover with clingfilm and leave to prove until doubled in size. This will take about 1-1 ½ hours.
- Turn out onto the work surface and knead for about 1 minute to knock back the dough. Divide evenly into 10 balls and form pinecone-shaped rolls.
- Place 5 rolls on each baking tray, then cover with greased clingfilm and leave to prove for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6.
- Push currant eyes into each roll abd a cherry quarter for his nose. Brush each roll with beaten egg.
- Use scissors to snip little spikes onto each roll.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 12-15 minutes until they sound hollow when tapped underneath.
- Cool on wire racks before serving.
Jo has since opened a Home bakery school from her house in Essex, and written a book called 'A Passion for Baking'. Mum to 3 grown up boys, family will always be her main priority but she loves her new job.
Iced Biscuit Shapes
Children will love making these cookies with you...
These are quick and easy and children just love them.
What child doesn't love little fairy cakes with sweets on it
We build holidays around you. Not us. And with over 175 parcs in wonderful locations throughout Europe, we're sure we've got the perfect place for you.
Wherever your're headed, you'll find the possibilities are endless! So why not make the most of our flexible travel dates and find the perfect holiday for your family?
What's more, you can save £££!
Now that we are in winter everyone is looking for things to do with the kids to enjoy the festive season. Here we have some great ideas, and they don't all involve being cooped up indoors! Get out and enjoy the world around you - you can always return home afterwards for a hot chocolate and a snuggle!