Little Harley and Henry Hedgehog Rolls
15minutes cooking time
- 300g strong white Ã bread flour
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 4g (1tsp) caster sugar
- 4g (1tsp) easy-blend/fast action yeast
- 100ml water, warmed
- 50ml full-fat milk warmed
- 10g unsalted butter, softened
- 20 currants
- 5 glace cherries, quartered
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Tip the flour, salt, sugar and yeast wither into the bowl of a free-standing mixer fitted with a bread hook or into a large bowl, and mix until combined.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients.
- Combine the warm water and milk in a jug, add the softened butter and stir so that the butter starts to melt.
- Slowly pour the warm liquid into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Knead for about 7 minutes in the mixer or for 10-12 minutes by hand (little hands may need some help) until smooth and soft.
- Put the dough into a lightly greased mixing bowl, cover with clingfilm and leave to prove until doubled in size. This will take about 1-1 ½ hours.
- Turn out onto the work surface and knead for about 1 minute to knock back the dough. Divide evenly into 10 balls and form pinecone-shaped rolls.
- Place 5 rolls on each baking tray, then cover with greased clingfilm and leave to prove for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6.
- Push currant eyes into each roll abd a cherry quarter for his nose. Brush each roll with beaten egg.
- Use scissors to snip little spikes onto each roll.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 12-15 minutes until they sound hollow when tapped underneath.
- Cool on wire racks before serving.
Jo has since opened a Home bakery school from her house in Essex, and written a book called 'A Passion for Baking'. Mum to 3 grown up boys, family will always be her main priority but she loves her new job.
Iced Biscuit Shapes
Children love making these cookies. Many will remember the fun they had for the rest of their lives, and it’s a unique thrill for an adult to watch such memories in the making.
What child doesn't love a little fairy cake with sprinkles or sweets on it?! A simple, yet tasty and fun recipe!
These are quick and easy and children just love them. They also really encourage fussy eaters to try new things and are a fab idea for children’s parties.
20% OFF PERSONALISED SCHOOL LABELS
School is about your kids losing themselves in learning; not about losing their supplies.
With Stuck On You, you can ensure nothing ever goes missing again—from clothes and shoes through to drink bottles and lunchboxes. For a limited time, take 20% off the entire range of Stuck On You labels!
Why seize the summer?
Explore Learning believe progress shouldn’t stop at the end of term, and research shows it shouldn’t either.
71% of parents think their children’s abilities drop by the time the new school year starts. We’ve developed a jam-packed summer programme of workshops to give your child the best start to the new school year. Save £50 this summer–why wait?