15minutes cooking time
- 175g caster sugar
- 175g margarine, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 175g self raising flour
- 300g icing sugar
- 3-5tbsp water, cold
- Assorted sweets and sprinkles
You will also need
- 2 bun trays lined with paper bun cases
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4
- Cream the sugar and margarine together until pale, light and fluffy, either by hand or in a free standing mixer.
- Gradually add the eggs, mixing well between each addition and adding a teaspoon of the flour to the mixture if it starts to curdle.
- Add the flour and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper bun cases, filling each one half full.
- Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for about 15-20mins until golden brown and well risen. A wooden skewer should come out clean when pushed into the cakes.
- Remove the cakes from the bun tins and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Mix the icing sugar with enough water to make a thick paste.
- Spoon the icing over the cooled fairy cakes:while the icing is still wet, decorate with assorted sweets and sprinkles.
Jo has since opened a Home bakery school from her house in Essex, and written a book called 'A Passion for Baking'. Mum to 3 grown up boys, family will always be her main priority but she loves her new job.
Little Harley and Henry Hedgehog Rolls
Delicious bread rolls children can help to make-lots of fun!
These are quick and easy and children just love them. They also really encourage fussy eaters to try new things and are a fab idea for children’s parties.
Iced Biscuit Shapes
Children love making these cookies. Many will remember the fun they had for the rest of their lives, and it’s a unique thrill for an adult to watch such memories in the making.
Naughty but nice Puddings!
Check out our delicious puddings, my favourite is the limoncello trifle, not suitable for the kids, but there are some other scrummy recipes that the whole family can enjoy! Take a look in our pudding section for recipes to make summer BBQ's and eating alfresco all the more tasty! My girls LOVE the chocolate pizza - making it, but mostly eating it!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!