Pork loin with white wine and sage pesto
6minutes cooking time
- 16 slices of lean pork loin (each slice needs to be approximately 8cm in diameter and roughly ½ cm thick)
- 25 leaves of sage
- 50g freshly grated Pecorino cheese
- 25g peeled almonds
- 1 clove of garlic (peeled)
- ½ glass of white wine
- 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oilSalt and pepper to taste
- Wash the sage leaves and place in a food processor with the almonds, garlic, cheese and 3 tablespoons of oil. Blitz for 20 second until you create a smooth sage pesto.
- With the help of a sharp knife, make small cuts on the edges of the slices of pork so when you cook them the meat will not curl.
- Spread the sage pesto on 8 slices of pork and cover with the remaining 8 creating a sandwich effect.
- In a large frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil and start to fry the pork sandwiches on one side for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the meat over and continue to cook for a further 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the wine and continue to cook for 4 minutes turning the meat at least once more.
- Once ready, serve immediately 2 meat sandwiches per portion with your favourite crispy salad to accompany.
Gino is an Italian born celebrity chef, best known for his roles on This Morning and Let's Do Lunch with Gino & Mel.
Spaghetti with courgettes and lemon zest
Gino shares another favourite Italian recipe with us
Lasagna Con Pesto
Everyone loves Lasagne-this one has a special twist.
Penne alla crudaiola with feta cheese
Penne alla crudaiola with feta cheese, tomoatoes and mint
We build holidays around you. Not us. And with over 175 parcs in wonderful locations throughout Europe, we're sure we've got the perfect place for you.
Wherever your're headed, you'll find the possibilities are endless! So why not make the most of our flexible travel dates and find the perfect holiday for your family?
What's more, you can save £££!
Now that we are in winter everyone is looking for things to do with the kids to enjoy the festive season. Here we have some great ideas, and they don't all involve being cooped up indoors! Get out and enjoy the world around you - you can always return home afterwards for a hot chocolate and a snuggle!