Penne alla crudaiola with feta cheese, cherry tomatoes and fresh mint
15minutes cooking time
- 400g of penne rigate
- 150g drained and cubed feta cheese
- 300g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 10 mint leaves, finely sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Gently fry the garlic and cherry tomatoes in the oil for 1 minuteÃ stirring with a wooden spoon. Season with salt and pepper and setÃ aside away from the heat.
- Cook the pasta in the salted boiling water until al dente. To get theÃ al dente perfect bite, cook the pasta 1 minute less than instructed onÃ the packet.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and tip back into the same pan whereÃ you cooked it.
- Pour over the cherry tomatoes with the mint and the feta cheese. TossÃ altogether, away from the heat, for 30 seconds allowing all theÃ flavours to combine properly.
- Serve immediately or, once cooled down at room temperature, keep in aÃ sealed container in the fridge for the day after. Do not keep longerÃ than 48 hours and always eat it at room temperature.
Gino is an Italian born celebrity chef, best known for his roles on This Morning and Let's Do Lunch with Gino & Mel.
Spaghetti with courgettes and lemon zest
Gino shares another favourite Italian recipe with us
Lasagna Con Pesto
Everyone loves Lasagne-this one has a special twist.
Pork loin with white wine and sage pesto
I have chosen a recipe that I just love and served with fresh salad, just screams summer but still fill's you up!
Join Explore Learning and save £50
Since 2001 over 200,000 children have excelled academically, reached their potential and achieved the best possible results with Explore Learning. Mapped to the school curriculum, we ensure children progress academically and develop socially, changing their attitude towards learning.
Win with Raring2go!
Everyone likes to receive goodies in the post don't they?! With our regular competitions you are always in with a great chance of winning (as long as you enter of course!) Head on over to our competitions page and see what is on offer this month-you need to be a member, but that's free and easy to do! Go on, what are you waiting for?! Get winning!