Penne alla crudaiola with feta cheese, cherry tomatoes and fresh mint
15minutes cooking time
- 400g of penne rigate
- 150g drained and cubed feta cheese
- 300g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 10 mint leaves, finely sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Gently fry the garlic and cherry tomatoes in the oil for 1 minuteÃ stirring with a wooden spoon. Season with salt and pepper and setÃ aside away from the heat.
- Cook the pasta in the salted boiling water until al dente. To get theÃ al dente perfect bite, cook the pasta 1 minute less than instructed onÃ the packet.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and tip back into the same pan whereÃ you cooked it.
- Pour over the cherry tomatoes with the mint and the feta cheese. TossÃ altogether, away from the heat, for 30 seconds allowing all theÃ flavours to combine properly.
- Serve immediately or, once cooled down at room temperature, keep in aÃ sealed container in the fridge for the day after. Do not keep longerÃ than 48 hours and always eat it at room temperature.
Gino is an Italian born celebrity chef, best known for his roles on This Morning and Let's Do Lunch with Gino & Mel.
Spaghetti with courgettes and lemon zest
Gino shares another favourite Italian recipe with us
Pork loin with white wine and sage pesto
I have chosen a recipe that I just love and served with fresh salad, just screams summer but still fill's you up!
Lasagna Con Pesto
Everyone loves Lasagne-this one has a special twist.
Most children love to help in the kitchen, whether it is preparing a whole meal or baking some tasty treats. We have lots of yummy recipes that the children can help with, and that the whole family can then enjoy eating. Click here to take a look at our recipe section for mealtime inspiration and cheeky goodies to try with the family this summer!!!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here