Penne alla crudaiola with feta cheese, cherry tomatoes and fresh mint
15minutes cooking time
- 400g of penne rigate
- 150g drained and cubed feta cheese
- 300g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 10 mint leaves, finely sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Gently fry the garlic and cherry tomatoes in the oil for 1 minuteÂ stirring with a wooden spoon. Season with salt and pepper and setÂ aside away from the heat.
- Cook the pasta in the salted boiling water until al dente. To get theÂ al dente perfect bite, cook the pasta 1 minute less than instructed onÂ the packet.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and tip back into the same pan whereÂ you cooked it.
- Pour over the cherry tomatoes with the mint and the feta cheese. TossÂ altogether, away from the heat, for 30 seconds allowing all theÂ flavours to combine properly.
- Serve immediately or, once cooled down at room temperature, keep in aÂ sealed container in the fridge for the day after. Do not keep longerÂ than 48 hours and always eat it at room temperature.
Gino is an Italian born celebrity chef, best known for his roles on This Morning and Let's Do Lunch with Gino & Mel.
Spaghetti with courgettes and lemon zest
Gino shares another favourite Italian recipe with us
Lasagna Con Pesto
Everyone loves Lasagne-this one has a special twist.
Pork loin with white wine and sage pesto
I have chosen a recipe that I just love and served with fresh salad, just screams summer but still fill's you up!
Now that we are in autumn everyone is looking for things to do with the kids to celebrate this lovely colourful season. Here we have some great ideas, and they don't all involve being cooped up indoors! Get out and enjoy the cooler, fresh air and the crunchy leaves under foot - you can always return home afterwards for a hot chocolate and a snuggle
Be safe this Bonfire Night
Be safe this Bonfire Night by making sure that you, pets and your family know and follow the very important Fireworks Code. Have fun if you are going to an event or having friends and family round at home. It includes safety rules for sparklers too! You will also be able to download our Fireworks Code poster to display if you are hosting an event.