Penne alla crudaiola with feta cheese, cherry tomatoes and fresh mint
15minutes cooking time
- 400g of penne rigate
- 150g drained and cubed feta cheese
- 300g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 10 mint leaves, finely sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Gently fry the garlic and cherry tomatoes in the oil for 1 minuteÂ stirring with a wooden spoon. Season with salt and pepper and setÂ aside away from the heat.
- Cook the pasta in the salted boiling water until al dente. To get theÂ al dente perfect bite, cook the pasta 1 minute less than instructed onÂ the packet.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and tip back into the same pan whereÂ you cooked it.
- Pour over the cherry tomatoes with the mint and the feta cheese. TossÂ altogether, away from the heat, for 30 seconds allowing all theÂ flavours to combine properly.
- Serve immediately or, once cooled down at room temperature, keep in aÂ sealed container in the fridge for the day after. Do not keep longerÂ than 48 hours and always eat it at room temperature.
Gino is an Italian born celebrity chef, best known for his roles on This Morning and Let's Do Lunch with Gino & Mel.
Lasagna Con Pesto
Everyone loves Lasagne-this one has a special twist.
Spaghetti with courgettes and lemon zest
Gino shares another favourite Italian recipe with us
Pork loin with white wine and sage pesto
I have chosen a recipe that I just love and served with fresh salad, just screams summer but still fill's you up!
Most children love to help in the kitchen, whether it is preparing a whole meal or baking some tasty treats. We have lots of yummy recipes that the children can help with, and that the whole family can then enjoy eating. Click here to take a look at our recipe section for mealtime inspiration and cheeky goodies to try with the family this summer!!!
Mother's Day Craft Ideas
Your Mum will LOVE receiving something homemade from you this Mothering Sunday...take a look at our ideas here and make something extra special that can be treasured for years to come - from a homemade bunch of flowers (maybe placed on a tray of breakfast in bed, to a beautifully crafted photo frame with the children's faces smiling back at her...