Penne alla crudaiola with feta cheese, cherry tomatoes and fresh mint
15minutes cooking time
- 400g of penne rigate
- 150g drained and cubed feta cheese
- 300g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 10 mint leaves, finely sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Gently fry the garlic and cherry tomatoes in the oil for 1 minuteÂ stirring with a wooden spoon. Season with salt and pepper and setÂ aside away from the heat.
- Cook the pasta in the salted boiling water until al dente. To get theÂ al dente perfect bite, cook the pasta 1 minute less than instructed onÂ the packet.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and tip back into the same pan whereÂ you cooked it.
- Pour over the cherry tomatoes with the mint and the feta cheese. TossÂ altogether, away from the heat, for 30 seconds allowing all theÂ flavours to combine properly.
- Serve immediately or, once cooled down at room temperature, keep in aÂ sealed container in the fridge for the day after. Do not keep longerÂ than 48 hours and always eat it at room temperature.
Gino is an Italian born celebrity chef, best known for his roles on This Morning and Let's Do Lunch with Gino & Mel.
Spaghetti with courgettes and lemon zest
Gino shares another favourite Italian recipe with us
Pork loin with white wine and sage pesto
I have chosen a recipe that I just love and served with fresh salad, just screams summer but still fill's you up!
Lasagna Con Pesto
Everyone loves Lasagne-this one has a special twist.
Delve into Durham
Delve into Durham's amazing history with a break in 2018 and see the past come to life at award winning attractions and events. Don't miss the Bodies of Evidence exhibition at Palace Green Library or visit the majestic Durham Cathedral. Take a tour of Medieval Raby Castle, or visit the magnificent Bowes Museum. You could even take a tram ride!
Pets at Home
Head down to your local Pets at Home store during the summer holidays for a fantastic My Pet Pals activity workshop! Our My Pet Pals workshops help to teach children how rewarding pets can be and how to care for them responsibly. There's a truly hands-on approach to pet care, as well as loads of goodies..and the best bit is, it's all FREE! Book now