Penne alla crudaiola with feta cheese
15minutes cooking time
- 400g of penne rigate
- 150g drained and cubed feta cheese
- 300g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 10 mint leaves, finely sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Gently fry the garlic and cherry tomatoes in the oil for 1 minute stirring with a wooden spoon. Season with salt and pepper and set aside away from the heat.
- Cook the pasta in the salted boiling water until al dente. To get the al dente perfect bite, cook the pasta 1 minute less than instructed on the packet.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and tip back into the same pan where you cooked it.
- Pour over the cherry tomatoes with the mint and the feta cheese. Toss altogether, away from the heat, for 30 seconds allowing all the flavours to combine properly.
- Serve immediately or, once cooled down at room temperature, keep in a sealed container in the fridge for the day after. Do not keep longer than 48 hours and always eat it at room temperature.
Gino is an Italian born celebrity chef, best known for his roles on This Morning and Let's Do Lunch with Gino & Mel.
Lasagna Con Pesto
Everyone loves Lasagne-this one has a special twist.
Pork loin with white wine and sage pesto
This just screams summer but still fill's you up!
Spaghetti with courgettes and lemon zest
Gino shares another favourite Italian recipe with us
Halloween is the perfect time of year to get creative in the kitchen and making food scarily fun! Whether you want to jazz up a slice of cheese on toast or go full out for a party with spooky drinks and disgusting nibbles we have some great Halloween recipes for you right here. The kids will love getting involved - or have a surprise goulish meal!!
Now that we are in autumn everyone is looking for things to do with the kids to celebrate this lovely colourful season. Here we have some great ideas, and they don't all involve being cooped up indoors! Get out and enjoy the cooler, fresh air and the crunchy leaves under foot - you can always return home afterwards for a hot chocolate and a snuggle