Jake's Mac and Cheese
40minutes cooking time
- 300g Frozen Cauliflower
- 220g Dried Macaroni
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Plain Flour
- 250ml Semi-Skimmed Milk
- 50g Full-Fat SOft Cream Cheese
- 75g Mature Cheddar, grated
- 2 tbsp Breadcrumbs
- Parents! Pre-heat the grill to medium-high. Cook the cauliflower in boiling water for 15mins until soft, drain!
- Kids! Put the slimy cauliflower in the food prosessor with mum/dad and puh the button until pulverised!
- Parents! Boil the macaroni in boiling water for 10mins and drain. While the pasta cooks, make the sauce in a saucepan, heat the oil gently and stir in the flour. Leave on a gentle heat and whisk in the milk gradually. Simmer shortly until thickened, Remove from heat and whisk in the soft cheese and 2/3 of the grated cheddar. Fold in the cauliflower mush and macaroni!
- Kids! Help the parents pour the gloop into an ovenproof dish! Careful now! Sprinkle over bread crumbs and the rest of the yummy cheese.
- Parents! Grill until golden! Then tuck in with the kids!
Reggie's Pasta Bake
Pasta and prawns!
Finger Foods: S.T.E.V.E's Skewers!
Yummy! A healthy and fun snack for the children to make and enjoy!
President's Pardon Pineapple Fizz
Kids can enjoy fizz too!
Check out the recipe here!
It’s only cold when you’re standing still…
Sarah from Xercise4Less gives Raring2go! some great ideas for family fun to keep fit and healthy. Don't get stuck indoors just because it is winter. Dark mornings, cold blustery evenings and it seems we would all rather reach for our duvet than even contemplate heading outdoors to get active! Remember it’s only cold when you’re standing still…
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!