Jake's Mac and Cheese
40minutes cooking time
- 300g Frozen Cauliflower
- 220g Dried Macaroni
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Plain Flour
- 250ml Semi-Skimmed Milk
- 50g Full-Fat SOft Cream Cheese
- 75g Mature Cheddar, grated
- 2 tbsp Breadcrumbs
- Parents! Pre-heat the grill to medium-high. Cook the cauliflower in boiling water for 15mins until soft, drain!
- Kids! Put the slimy cauliflower in the food prosessor with mum/dad and puh the button until pulverised!
- Parents! Boil the macaroni in boiling water for 10mins and drain. While the pasta cooks, make the sauce in a saucepan, heat the oil gently and stir in the flour. Leave on a gentle heat and whisk in the milk gradually. Simmer shortly until thickened, Remove from heat and whisk in the soft cheese and 2/3 of the grated cheddar. Fold in the cauliflower mush and macaroni!
- Kids! Help the parents pour the gloop into an ovenproof dish! Careful now! Sprinkle over bread crumbs and the rest of the yummy cheese.
- Parents! Grill until golden! Then tuck in with the kids!
President's Pardon Pineapple Fizz
Kids can enjoy fizz too!
Check out the recipe here!
Finger Foods: S.T.E.V.E's Skewers!
Yummy! A healthy and fun snack for the children to make and enjoy!
Reggie's Pasta Bake
Pasta and prawns!
Become a member today!
Becoming a member of Raring2go! is quick and simple, and even better - it is FREE! For a couple of minutes of your time signing up you will be rewarded with a national and local newsletter monthly, as well as being eligible to take advantage of our members only discounts and competitions! What more do you need? Sign up today!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!