Marshmallow Sheep Cupcakes
20minutes cooking time
For the Cakes
- 110g butter at room temperature
- 110g caster sugar
- 110g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Quarter tsp salt
- 2 eggs (medium)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- large white marshmallows
- mini white marshmallows
- tube of black Writing Icing
For the Buttercream
- 200g (4 oz) butter, softened
- 450g (8 oz) icing sugar, sieved
- 2 tbsp water
For the Cakes
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ 350F / Gas 4. Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Put the butter and sugar in a bowl; and beat until pale and fluffy.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into the bowl.
- Beat the eggs and vanilla and add to the bowl. Beat until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until risen, golden and firm to the touch.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
For the Buttercream
- Sieve the icing sugar.
- Beat the butter until creamy in an electric mixer, then gradually beat in the icing sugar.
- Finally beat in the tablespoon of water.
- Spread a layer of buttercream over the cupcakes using a palette knife and making a small mound of buttercream in the centre.
- Cut the mini marshmallows in half - arrange them in two circles around the edge of the cakes.
- Cut the large marshmallows in half. Place one half on top of the mound of buttercream for the face.
- Cut the other half of the marshmallow in half again and place on either side of the sheep's face for the ears - the marshmallow ears will stick naturally as the cut side of the marshmallow are very sticky. Arrange some halved mini marshmallows on the top and behind the sheeps's head.
- Draw eyes and noses on the sheep's face using the black Writing Icing.
Annabel Karmel MBE
Mother of three Annabel Karmel continues to reign as the UK's No.1 children's cookery author, best-selling international author, and a leading expert on devising delicious, nutritious meals for babies, children and families.
Since launching with The Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner 25 years ago â a book which has become the 2nd best-selling non-fiction hardback of all time - Annabel has written 43 books selling over four million copies worldwide.
Coupled with a vast digital following, recipe apps, cookbook-inspired supermarket food ranges and menus in some of the world's top leisure resorts and hotels, Annabel has become a leading pillar for parents who want to give their growing family the very best start in life. Because of this she was awarded an MBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours for her outstanding work in the field of child nutrition in 2006.
Whilst remaining a regular media commentator on children's food issues, Annabel is recognised as one of the UK's leading female entrepreneurs, becoming an inspirational role model for other rising stars, business start-ups, women in business and parents returning to work.
Spicy Easter Bunny Biscuits
Spicy Easter Bunny biscuits: easy to make and easy to enjoy!
Individual Baked Easter Cheesecakes
These individual cheesecakes are very sweet and so easy to make...
Hot Cross Buns
I have always bought hot cross buns-not anymore-so tasty!
Easter egg fairy cakes
Delicious Easter egg fairy cakes, suitable for freezing so can be made in advance.
20% OFF PERSONALISED SCHOOL LABELS
School is about your kids losing themselves in learning; not about losing their supplies.
With Stuck On You, you can ensure nothing ever goes missing again—from clothes and shoes through to drink bottles and lunchboxes. For a limited time, take 20% off the entire range of Stuck On You labels!
Why seize the summer?
Explore Learning believe progress shouldn’t stop at the end of term, and research shows it shouldn’t either.
71% of parents think their children’s abilities drop by the time the new school year starts. We’ve developed a jam-packed summer programme of workshops to give your child the best start to the new school year. Save £50 this summer–why wait?