Lamb Ratatouille-A veg and lamb feast
45minutes cooking time
- 1.2 kg leg of lamb, deboned, cut into large pieces
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- pinch of fresh or dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 medium aubergine, cut into pieces
- 1 medium courgette
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into pieces
- 1 x tin chopped tomato
- 5 raisins
- On a high heat, heat the olive oil in a deep, large, heavy bottomed pan. Pat lamb dry and seal the edges of the meat in the pan, until it is brown all over. Remove the lamb from the heat and set aside in a plate. Scrap the meat off the pan and add a little water to the pan to deglaze it.
- Add a dash more olive oil and turn the heat to medium, then add the onions. Cook for a few minutes to soften, then add the garlic, aubergine, courgette and pepper and cook, occasionally stirring for 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, raisins and fresh herbs. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover and cook, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes.
- You can also do this in a slow cooker cooking over night for a very tender lamb dish.
- Once cooked remove from the heat and either puree or serve chunky with rice or couscous and peas or broccoli.
My Little Piccolo
For more information on Piccolo click the links below
Hot Cross Buns
I have always bought hot cross buns-not anymore-so tasty!
Cream cheese Easter biscuits
These Easter biscuits are delicious iced or un-iced.
You cannot beat this classic carrot cake recipe...
Individual Baked Easter Cheesecakes
These individual cheesecakes are very sweet and so easy to make...
Geronimo Festival is back for 2018 and is bigger and better than ever before with not one, but two events for you to enjoy! Book early for the best prices and then join us for tonnes of fun this Summer! We can't wait!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here