Lamb Ratatouille-A veg and lamb feast
45minutes cooking time
- 1.2 kg leg of lamb, deboned, cut into large pieces
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- pinch of fresh or dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 medium aubergine, cut into pieces
- 1 medium courgette
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into pieces
- 1 x tin chopped tomato
- 5 raisins
- On a high heat, heat the olive oil in a deep, large, heavy bottomed pan. Pat lamb dry and seal the edges of the meat in the pan, until it is brown all over. Remove the lamb from the heat and set aside in a plate. Scrap the meat off the pan and add a little water to the pan to deglaze it.
- Add a dash more olive oil and turn the heat to medium, then add the onions. Cook for a few minutes to soften, then add the garlic, aubergine, courgette and pepper and cook, occasionally stirring for 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, raisins and fresh herbs. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover and cook, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes.
- You can also do this in a slow cooker cooking over night for a very tender lamb dish.
- Once cooked remove from the heat and either puree or serve chunky with rice or couscous and peas or broccoli.
My Little Piccolo
For more information on Piccolo click the links below
Hot Cross Buns
I have always bought hot cross buns-not anymore-so tasty!
Individual Baked Easter Cheesecakes
These individual cheesecakes are very sweet and so easy to make...
You cannot beat this classic carrot cake recipe...
Easter egg fairy cakes
Delicious Easter egg fairy cakes, suitable for freezing so can be made in advance.
With Father's Day coming up this month we should celebrate the special 'Dad' figures in our lives...in our article we have given you a few ideas for days out and activities that you and your Dad can do together to have fun and build a great relationship - spoil him and make memories for you all as a family! Click here to find out more...
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!