Lamb Ratatouille-A veg and lamb feast
45minutes cooking time
- 1.2 kg leg of lamb, deboned, cut into large pieces
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- pinch of fresh or dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 medium aubergine, cut into pieces
- 1 medium courgette
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into pieces
- 1 x tin chopped tomato
- 5 raisins
- On a high heat, heat the olive oil in a deep, large, heavy bottomed pan. Pat lamb dry and seal the edges of the meat in the pan, until it is brown all over. Remove the lamb from the heat and set aside in a plate. Scrap the meat off the pan and add a little water to the pan to deglaze it.
- Add a dash more olive oil and turn the heat to medium, then add the onions. Cook for a few minutes to soften, then add the garlic, aubergine, courgette and pepper and cook, occasionally stirring for 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, raisins and fresh herbs. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover and cook, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes.
- You can also do this in a slow cooker cooking over night for a very tender lamb dish.
- Once cooked remove from the heat and either puree or serve chunky with rice or couscous and peas or broccoli.
My Little Piccolo
For more information on Piccolo click the links below
You cannot beat this classic carrot cake recipe...
Cream cheese Easter biscuits
These Easter biscuits are delicious iced or un-iced.
Easter egg fairy cakes
Delicious Easter egg fairy cakes, suitable for freezing so can be made in advance.
Chocolate Crispy Cakes
Who doesn't love these-and so easy for the kids to make!
Most children love to help in the kitchen, whether it is preparing a whole meal or baking some tasty treats. We have lots of yummy recipes that the children can help with, and that the whole family can then enjoy eating. Click here to take a look at our recipe section for mealtime inspiration and cheeky goodies to try with the family this summer!!!
Mother's Day Craft Ideas
Your Mum will LOVE receiving something homemade from you this Mothering Sunday...take a look at our ideas here and make something extra special that can be treasured for years to come - from a homemade bunch of flowers (maybe placed on a tray of breakfast in bed, to a beautifully crafted photo frame with the children's faces smiling back at her...