Cream cheese Easter biscuits
10minutes cooking time
- 140g caster sugar
- 225g butter, softened
- 85g cream cheese, softened
- pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 320g plain flour
- 120g icing sugar
- 1-2 tbsp boiling water
- Food colouring (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, butter until fully mixed together. Mix in the cream cheese, salt, almond and vanilla extracts, and egg yolk. Beat until smooth.
- Stir in flour until well blended. Chill the dough for 2 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 170°C. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough 1/3 at a time to 25mm thickness with lightly floured biscuit cutters. Place 2 to 3cm apart on ungreased baking trays. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until light and golden brown. Cool biscuits completely before icing.
- To make the icing sift the icing sugar into a bowl. Using a wooden spoon, gradually stir in enough water until the mixture is the consistency of thick cream. Beat until white and smooth and thick enough to coat the back of the spoon. Mix in some colouring, if you like, and use immediately.
My Little Piccolo
For more information on Piccolo click the links below
Easter egg fairy cakes
Delicious Easter egg fairy cakes, suitable for freezing so can be made in advance.
Chocolate Crispy Cakes
Who doesn't love these-and so easy for the kids to make!
Marshmallow Sheep Cupcakes
Be inspired by these Marshmallow Sheep Cupcakes from Annabel Karmel. Bake regular and mini party cupcakes and decorate these party cupcakes to make little marshmallow sheep
You cannot beat this classic carrot cake recipe...
Naughty but nice Puddings!
Check out our delicious puddings, my favourite is the limoncello trifle, not suitable for the kids, but there are some other scrummy recipes that the whole family can enjoy! Take a look in our pudding section for recipes to make summer BBQ's and eating alfresco all the more tasty! My girls LOVE the chocolate pizza - making it, but mostly eating it!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!