Cream cheese Easter biscuits
10minutes cooking time
- 140g caster sugar
- 225g butter, softened
- 85g cream cheese, softened
- pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 320g plain flour
- 120g icing sugar
- 1-2 tbsp boiling water
- Food colouring (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, butter until fully mixed together. Mix in the cream cheese, salt, almond and vanilla extracts, and egg yolk. Beat until smooth.
- Stir in flour until well blended. Chill the dough for 2 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 170°C. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough 1/3 at a time to 25mm thickness with lightly floured biscuit cutters. Place 2 to 3cm apart on ungreased baking trays. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until light and golden brown. Cool biscuits completely before icing.
- To make the icing sift the icing sugar into a bowl. Using a wooden spoon, gradually stir in enough water until the mixture is the consistency of thick cream. Beat until white and smooth and thick enough to coat the back of the spoon. Mix in some colouring, if you like, and use immediately.
My Little Piccolo
For more information on Piccolo click the links below
Chocolate Rabbit Biscuits for Easter
These cute little biscuits don't just have to be rabbits...
You cannot beat this classic carrot cake recipe...
Individual Baked Easter Cheesecakes
These individual cheesecakes are very sweet and so easy to make...
Marshmallow Sheep Cupcakes
Be inspired by these Marshmallow Sheep Cupcakes from Annabel Karmel. Bake regular and mini party cupcakes and decorate these party cupcakes to make little marshmallow sheep
Most children love to help in the kitchen, whether it is preparing a whole meal or baking some tasty treats. We have lots of yummy recipes that the children can help with, and that the whole family can then enjoy eating. Click here to take a look at our recipe section for mealtime inspiration and cheeky goodies to try with the family this summer!!!
Mother's Day Craft Ideas
Your Mum will LOVE receiving something homemade from you this Mothering Sunday...take a look at our ideas here and make something extra special that can be treasured for years to come - from a homemade bunch of flowers (maybe placed on a tray of breakfast in bed, to a beautifully crafted photo frame with the children's faces smiling back at her...