Cream cheese Easter biscuits
10minutes cooking time
- 140g caster sugar
- 225g butter, softened
- 85g cream cheese, softened
- pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 320g plain flour
- 120g icing sugar
- 1-2 tbsp boiling water
- Food colouring (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, butter until fully mixed together. Mix in the cream cheese, salt, almond and vanilla extracts, and egg yolk. Beat until smooth.
- Stir in flour until well blended. Chill the dough for 2 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 170°C. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough 1/3 at a time to 25mm thickness with lightly floured biscuit cutters. Place 2 to 3cm apart on ungreased baking trays. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until light and golden brown. Cool biscuits completely before icing.
- To make the icing sift the icing sugar into a bowl. Using a wooden spoon, gradually stir in enough water until the mixture is the consistency of thick cream. Beat until white and smooth and thick enough to coat the back of the spoon. Mix in some colouring, if you like, and use immediately.
My Little Piccolo
For more information on Piccolo click the links below
Hot Cross Buns
I have always bought hot cross buns-not anymore-so tasty!
Individual Baked Easter Cheesecakes
These individual cheesecakes are very sweet and so easy to make...
Chocolate Rabbit Biscuits for Easter
These cute little biscuits don't just have to be rabbits...
Easter egg fairy cakes
Delicious Easter egg fairy cakes, suitable for freezing so can be made in advance.
Become a member today!
Becoming a member of Raring2go! is quick and simple, and even better - it is FREE! For a couple of minutes of your time signing up you will be rewarded with a national and local newsletter monthly, as well as being eligible to take advantage of our members only discounts and competitions! What more do you need? Sign up today!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here