50minutes cooking time
- 4 eggs
- 300ml (1/2 pint) vegetable oil
- 350g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 250g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 450g carrots, peeled and grated
- 100g chopped toasted pumpkin seeds or pecans (optional)
- 100g butter, softened
- 1 (200g) tub cream cheese, softened
- 450g icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100g chopped toasted pumpkin seeds
- carrot peelings to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and flour a 9inch/ 23cm cake tin.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, caster sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla.
- Mix in flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in carrots and fold in pecans or pumpkin seeds if using. Pour into the prepared tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in cake tin for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- To Make topping: a medium bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, icing sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy.. Spread over the top of cake when it has cooled. Decorate with toasted seeds or pecans and carrot peelings. TIP: To avoid lumps in the icing, make sure the butter and cheese are very soft.
My Little Piccolo
For more information on Piccolo click the links below
Individual Baked Easter Cheesecakes
These individual cheesecakes are very sweet and so easy to make...
Hot Cross Buns
I have always bought hot cross buns-not anymore-so tasty!
Spicy Easter Bunny Biscuits
Spicy Easter Bunny biscuits: easy to make and easy to enjoy!
enjoy... Easter Cookies
Clairey Fairy Cakes shares their recipe for Easter Cookies
Most children love to help in the kitchen, whether it is preparing a whole meal or baking some tasty treats. We have lots of yummy recipes that the children can help with, and that the whole family can then enjoy eating. Click here to take a look at our recipe section for mealtime inspiration and cheeky goodies to try with the family this summer!!!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here