50minutes cooking time
- 4 eggs
- 300ml (1/2 pint) vegetable oil
- 350g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 250g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 450g carrots, peeled and grated
- 100g chopped toasted pumpkin seeds or pecans (optional)
- 100g butter, softened
- 1 (200g) tub cream cheese, softened
- 450g icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100g chopped toasted pumpkin seeds
- carrot peelings to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and flour a 9inch/ 23cm cake tin.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, caster sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla.
- Mix in flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in carrots and fold in pecans or pumpkin seeds if using. Pour into the prepared tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in cake tin for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- To Make topping: a medium bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, icing sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy.. Spread over the top of cake when it has cooled. Decorate with toasted seeds or pecans and carrot peelings. TIP: To avoid lumps in the icing, make sure the butter and cheese are very soft.
My Little Piccolo
For more information on Piccolo click the links below
Easter egg fairy cakes
Delicious Easter egg fairy cakes, suitable for freezing so can be made in advance.
Lamb Ratatouille-A veg and lamb feast
Slow cooked leg of lamb with a delicious ratatouille sauce..
Individual Baked Easter Cheesecakes
These individual cheesecakes are very sweet and so easy to make...
Hot Cross Buns
I have always bought hot cross buns-not anymore-so tasty!
Naughty but nice Puddings!
Check out our delicious puddings, my favourite is the limoncello trifle, not suitable for the kids, but there are some other scrummy recipes that the whole family can enjoy! Take a look in our pudding section for recipes to make summer BBQ's and eating alfresco all the more tasty! My girls LOVE the chocolate pizza - making it, but mostly eating it!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!