- 12 cupcakes, baked in coloured foil liners, cooled
- 1/4 cup each red and green decorating sugar
- 24 mini vanilla wafers
- 1 can (16 oz.) vanilla frosting
- 4 orange fruit slices
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate frosting
- 1 cup white decorating sugar
- 6 each red and green licorice twists
- 24 pink large sprinkles
- 24 mini brown M&M's
- Place the red and green sugars in separate shallow bowls.
- Spread a thin layer of vanilla frosting on top of the mini vanilla wafers to cover.
- Press the top of 12 wafers into the red sugar to coat.
- Repeat with the remaining 12 wafers and press into the green sugar. Set aside.
- Cut 12 1-inch triangles from the orange slices to make the noses.
- Spoon the dark chocolate frosting into a freezer-weight ziplock bag.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the vanilla frosting into a freezer-weight ziplock bag.
- Place the white decorating sugar in a shallow bowl. Spread the remaining frosting on top of cupcakes and make a smooth mound.
- Roll the tops of the frosted cupcakes into the white sugar to cover completely.
- Add the cut orange candy as the nose in the center of the cupcake.
- Add the chocolate candies as the eyes. Snip a very small corner from the bag with the chocolate frosting and pipe a mouth.
- Add the pink sprinkles as cheeks.
- Cut the licorice twists into 12 6-inch lengths for the bands of the earmuffs. Insert the 2 cut ends into either side of the cupcake for the headband. Snip a small corner from the bag with the vanilla frosting.
- Pipe a dot of vanilla frosting on either side where the licorice enters the cupcake.
- Add the like coloured vanilla wafers as the muffs.
- Repeat with the remaining cupcakes
Christmas Tree Cake Pop
These are really simple and so much fun for the kids!
A tasty treat or a lovely gift perfect for Christmas.
Christmas Cookies are the perfect homemade present from children.
I love making cookie decorations in the lead up to Christmas
What's on this Easter
Are you looking for some fun through the Easter holidays? Maybe you want to go on an Easter Egg Hunt? Meet the Easter Bunny himself or visit somewhere new? Our What's On Guide will help you plan your diary for a packed fortnight local to you or maybe even further afield if you are feeling more adventurous! Click here and localise to get started!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here