- 12 cupcakes, baked in coloured foil liners, cooled
- 1/4 cup each red and green decorating sugar
- 24 mini vanilla wafers
- 1 can (16 oz.) vanilla frosting
- 4 orange fruit slices
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate frosting
- 1 cup white decorating sugar
- 6 each red and green licorice twists
- 24 pink large sprinkles
- 24 mini brown M&M's
- Place the red and green sugars in separate shallow bowls.
- Spread a thin layer of vanilla frosting on top of the mini vanilla wafers to cover.
- Press the top of 12 wafers into the red sugar to coat.
- Repeat with the remaining 12 wafers and press into the green sugar. Set aside.
- Cut 12 1-inch triangles from the orange slices to make the noses.
- Spoon the dark chocolate frosting into a freezer-weight ziplock bag.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the vanilla frosting into a freezer-weight ziplock bag.
- Place the white decorating sugar in a shallow bowl. Spread the remaining frosting on top of cupcakes and make a smooth mound.
- Roll the tops of the frosted cupcakes into the white sugar to cover completely.
- Add the cut orange candy as the nose in the center of the cupcake.
- Add the chocolate candies as the eyes. Snip a very small corner from the bag with the chocolate frosting and pipe a mouth.
- Add the pink sprinkles as cheeks.
- Cut the licorice twists into 12 6-inch lengths for the bands of the earmuffs. Insert the 2 cut ends into either side of the cupcake for the headband. Snip a small corner from the bag with the vanilla frosting.
- Pipe a dot of vanilla frosting on either side where the licorice enters the cupcake.
- Add the like coloured vanilla wafers as the muffs.
- Repeat with the remaining cupcakes
Giant Chocolate Buttons
Everyone loves chocolate buttons so how about these yummy giant chocolate buttons as a gift, to yourself or someone else!
Christmas dinner leftover recipe
South Asian Turkey Wraps. Great quick meals after Xmas.
Capture winter and Christmas perfectly with these little fellows.
Christmas Tree Cake Pop
These are really simple and so much fun for the kids!
If you are looking for ideas to keep the children busy throughout the Christmas holidays, or the kids want some ideas and inspiration for cards and gifts them take a look at our Winter KidsZone. Jam packed full of fun ideas that everyone can get involved in! Activities for indoors and out - some are messy, some are not! What are you waiting for?!?!
We all know that the festive period is a time for giving, spending time as a family and for over indulging, and we are here to help! Our Christmas recipe section has lots of tasty treats to satisfy the sweet and savoury cravings of the whole family. Get busy in the kitchen with the kids and enjoy some delicious food together this Christmas.