- 12 cupcakes, baked in coloured foil liners, cooled
- 1/4 cup each red and green decorating sugar
- 24 mini vanilla wafers
- 1 can (16 oz.) vanilla frosting
- 4 orange fruit slices
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate frosting
- 1 cup white decorating sugar
- 6 each red and green licorice twists
- 24 pink large sprinkles
- 24 mini brown M&M's
- Place the red and green sugars in separate shallow bowls.
- Spread a thin layer of vanilla frosting on top of the mini vanilla wafers to cover.
- Press the top of 12 wafers into the red sugar to coat.
- Repeat with the remaining 12 wafers and press into the green sugar. Set aside.
- Cut 12 1-inch triangles from the orange slices to make the noses.
- Spoon the dark chocolate frosting into a freezer-weight ziplock bag.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the vanilla frosting into a freezer-weight ziplock bag.
- Place the white decorating sugar in a shallow bowl. Spread the remaining frosting on top of cupcakes and make a smooth mound.
- Roll the tops of the frosted cupcakes into the white sugar to cover completely.
- Add the cut orange candy as the nose in the center of the cupcake.
- Add the chocolate candies as the eyes. Snip a very small corner from the bag with the chocolate frosting and pipe a mouth.
- Add the pink sprinkles as cheeks.
- Cut the licorice twists into 12 6-inch lengths for the bands of the earmuffs. Insert the 2 cut ends into either side of the cupcake for the headband. Snip a small corner from the bag with the vanilla frosting.
- Pipe a dot of vanilla frosting on either side where the licorice enters the cupcake.
- Add the like coloured vanilla wafers as the muffs.
- Repeat with the remaining cupcakes
Try these very easy, yet delicious mince pies-certain to make you feel Christmassy!
Giant Chocolate Buttons
Everyone loves chocolate buttons so how about these yummy giant chocolate buttons as a gift, to yourself or someone else!
Christmas Tree Cupcakes
These are so cute, the children can help with every stage so a fun holiday or weekend activity
Gingerbread Dough for Hanging Cookie Decorations
I love making cookie decorations with my children in the lead up to Christmas. I've tried different gingerbread dough variations, and this is probably one of my favourites...
Become a member today!
Becoming a member of Raring2go! is quick and simple, and even better - it is FREE! For a couple of minutes of your time signing up you will be rewarded with a national and local newsletter monthly, as well as being eligible to take advantage of our members only discounts and competitions! What more do you need? Sign up today!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!