- 12 cupcakes, baked in coloured foil liners, cooled
- 1/4 cup each red and green decorating sugar
- 24 mini vanilla wafers
- 1 can (16 oz.) vanilla frosting
- 4 orange fruit slices
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate frosting
- 1 cup white decorating sugar
- 6 each red and green licorice twists
- 24 pink large sprinkles
- 24 mini brown M&M's
- Place the red and green sugars in separate shallow bowls.
- Spread a thin layer of vanilla frosting on top of the mini vanilla wafers to cover.
- Press the top of 12 wafers into the red sugar to coat.
- Repeat with the remaining 12 wafers and press into the green sugar. Set aside.
- Cut 12 1-inch triangles from the orange slices to make the noses.
- Spoon the dark chocolate frosting into a freezer-weight ziplock bag.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the vanilla frosting into a freezer-weight ziplock bag.
- Place the white decorating sugar in a shallow bowl. Spread the remaining frosting on top of cupcakes and make a smooth mound.
- Roll the tops of the frosted cupcakes into the white sugar to cover completely.
- Add the cut orange candy as the nose in the center of the cupcake.
- Add the chocolate candies as the eyes. Snip a very small corner from the bag with the chocolate frosting and pipe a mouth.
- Add the pink sprinkles as cheeks.
- Cut the licorice twists into 12 6-inch lengths for the bands of the earmuffs. Insert the 2 cut ends into either side of the cupcake for the headband. Snip a small corner from the bag with the vanilla frosting.
- Pipe a dot of vanilla frosting on either side where the licorice enters the cupcake.
- Add the like coloured vanilla wafers as the muffs.
- Repeat with the remaining cupcakes
Christmas Marshmallow Lollies
Perfect for children of any age to make and give to friends.
I love making cookie decorations in the lead up to Christmas
Easy, yet delicious-certain to make you feel Christmassy!
Christmas Cookies are the perfect homemade present from children.
Halloween is the perfect time of year to get creative in the kitchen and making food scarily fun! Whether you want to jazz up a slice of cheese on toast or go full out for a party with spooky drinks and disgusting nibbles we have some great Halloween recipes for you right here. The kids will love getting involved - or have a surprise goulish meal!!
Be safe this Bonfire Night
Be safe this Bonfire Night by making sure that you, pets and your family know and follow the very important Fireworks Code. Have fun if you are going to an event or having friends and family round at home. It includes safety rules for sparklers too! You will also be able to download our Fireworks Code poster to display if you are hosting an event.