30minutes cooking time
- 225g/8oz Plain Flour
- 2 tbsp Icing Sugar
- Pinch salt
- 125g/4oz Unsalted Butter at room temperature
- Tap water
- Extra icing sugar for dusting
- Cooling racks
- Mincepie trays
- Circle cutter
- Small festive shaped cutters
- Put the flour, icing sugar and salt in a mixing bowl and mix together
- chop the butter into small pieces and rub into the flour mixture until it resembles rough breadcrumbs
- Add 3 tbsp of tap water and mix together with your hands until it all comes together to form a dough and roll into a ball
- Wrap in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for 30mins
- Flour the surface and roll out the pastry until it is about 5 mm thick. cut out circles and use the smaller cutters to make tops. Continue to cut out shapes until the pastry is all used up. This will make about 15 mince pies.
- Press the bases into the tin and add 1 tsp of mincemeat. Place the top on and bake in a preheated oven for about 30mins on Gas Mark 5, or until lightly golden brown
- Cool on a wire rack
- Once cold sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
- You can reheat these as they are yummy warm. They are also freezable.
- Serve on their own or with cream (Beware-1 is never enough!)
Ria has 2 girls and previously worked in nurseries for over 15 years and left managing a day nursery when her eldest was born. She now works for Raring2go! as our Digital Content and Strategy Manager
If you are interested in writing for Raring2go! or featuring on our site please email Ria.
Giant Chocolate Buttons
Everyone loves chocolate buttons so how about these yummy giant chocolate buttons as a gift, to yourself or someone else!
Christmas Tree Cupcakes
These are so cute, the children can help with every stage so a fun holiday or weekend activity
Christmas Marshmallow Lollies
Perfect for children of any age to make and give to friends.
These are so simple but very effective and VERY cute!
With Father's Day coming up this month we should celebrate the special 'Dad' figures in our lives...in our article we have given you a few ideas for days out and activities that you and your Dad can do together to have fun and build a great relationship - spoil him and make memories for you all as a family! Click here to find out more...
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!