30minutes cooking time
- 225g/8oz Plain Flour
- 2 tbsp Icing Sugar
- Pinch salt
- 125g/4oz Unsalted Butter at room temperature
- Tap water
- Extra icing sugar for dusting
- Cooling racks
- Mincepie trays
- Circle cutter
- Small festive shaped cutters
- Put the flour, icing sugar and salt in a mixing bowl and mix together
- chop the butter into small pieces and rub into the flour mixture until it resembles rough breadcrumbs
- Add 3 tbsp of tap water and mix together with your hands until it all comes together to form a dough and roll into a ball
- Wrap in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for 30mins
- Flour the surface and roll out the pastry until it is about 5 mm thick. cut out circles and use the smaller cutters to make tops. Continue to cut out shapes until the pastry is all used up. This will make about 15 mince pies.
- Press the bases into the tin and add 1 tsp of mincemeat. Place the top on and bake in a preheated oven for about 30mins on Gas Mark 5, or until lightly golden brown
- Cool on a wire rack
- Once cold sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
- You can reheat these as they are yummy warm. They are also freezable.
- Serve on their own or with cream (Beware-1 is never enough!)
Ria has 2 girls and previously worked in nurseries for over over 15 years and left managing a day nursery when her eldest was born. She now works for Raring2go! as our digital content and strategy manager
If you are interested in writing for Raring2go! or featuring on our site please email Ria.
Christmas dinner leftover recipe
South Asian Turkey Wraps.
Gingerbread Dough for Hanging Cookie Decorations
I love making cookie decorations with my children in the lead up to Christmas. I've tried different gingerbread dough variations, and this is probably one of my favourites...
A tasty treat or a lovely gift perfect for Christmas.
Capture winter and Christmas perfectly with these little fellows.
Become a member today!
Becoming a member of Raring2go! is quick and simple, and even better - it is FREE! For a couple of minutes of your time signing up you will be rewarded with a national and local newsletter monthly, as well as being eligible to take advantage of our members only discounts and competitions! What more do you need? Sign up today!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here