30minutes cooking time
- 225g/8oz Plain Flour
- 2 tbsp Icing Sugar
- Pinch salt
- 125g/4oz Unsalted Butter at room temperature
- Tap water
- Extra icing sugar for dusting
- Cooling racks
- Mincepie trays
- Circle cutter
- Small festive shaped cutters
- Put the flour, icing sugar and salt in a mixing bowl and mix together
- chop the butter into small pieces and rub into the flour mixture until it resembles rough breadcrumbs
- Add 3 tbsp of tap water and mix together with your hands until it all comes together to form a dough and roll into a ball
- Wrap in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for 30mins
- Flour the surface and roll out the pastry until it is about 5 mm thick. cut out circles and use the smaller cutters to make tops. Continue to cut out shapes until the pastry is all used up. This will make about 15 mince pies.
- Press the bases into the tin and add 1 tsp of mincemeat. Place the top on and bake in a preheated oven for about 30mins on Gas Mark 5, or until lightly golden brown
- Cool on a wire rack
- Once cold sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
- You can reheat these as they are yummy warm. They are also freezable.
- Serve on their own or with cream (Beware-1 is never enough!)
Ria has 2 girls and previously worked in nurseries for over 15 years and left managing a day nursery when her eldest was born. She now works for Raring2go! as our Digital Content and Strategy Manager
If you are interested in writing for Raring2go! or featuring on our site please email Ria.
Christmas dinner leftover recipe
South Asian Turkey Wraps. Great quick meals after Xmas.
I love these cute snowmen cupcakes-why not give them a try!
Have you ever thought of making miniature Christmas Cupcakes?
A tasty treat or a lovely gift perfect for Christmas.
Halloween is the perfect time of year to get creative in the kitchen and making food scarily fun! Whether you want to jazz up a slice of cheese on toast or go full out for a party with spooky drinks and disgusting nibbles we have some great Halloween recipes for you right here. The kids will love getting involved - or have a surprise goulish meal!!
Be safe this Bonfire Night
Be safe this Bonfire Night by making sure that you, pets and your family know and follow the very important Fireworks Code. Have fun if you are going to an event or having friends and family round at home. It includes safety rules for sparklers too! You will also be able to download our Fireworks Code poster to display if you are hosting an event.