30minutes cooking time
- 225g/8oz Plain Flour
- 2 tbsp Icing Sugar
- Pinch salt
- 125g/4oz Unsalted Butter at room temperature
- Tap water
- Extra icing sugar for dusting
- Cooling racks
- Mincepie trays
- Circle cutter
- Small festive shaped cutters
- Put the flour, icing sugar and salt in a mixing bowl and mix together
- chop the butter into small pieces and rub into the flour mixture until it resembles rough breadcrumbs
- Add 3 tbsp of tap water and mix together with your hands until it all comes together to form a dough and roll into a ball
- Wrap in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for 30mins
- Flour the surface and roll out the pastry until it is about 5 mm thick. cut out circles and use the smaller cutters to make tops. Continue to cut out shapes until the pastry is all used up. This will make about 15 mince pies.
- Press the bases into the tin and add 1 tsp of mincemeat. Place the top on and bake in a preheated oven for about 30mins on Gas Mark 5, or until lightly golden brown
- Cool on a wire rack
- Once cold sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
- You can reheat these as they are yummy warm. They are also freezable.
- Serve on their own or with cream (Beware-1 is never enough!)
Ria has 2 girls and previously worked in nurseries for over over 15 years and left managing a day nursery when her eldest was born. She now works for Raring2go! as our digital content and strategy manager
If you are interested in writing for Raring2go! or featuring on our site please email Ria.
Christmas Tree Cake Pop
These are really simple and so much fun for the kids!
Have you ever thought of making miniature Christmas Cupcakes?
I love these cute snowmen cupcakes-why not give them a try!
Giant Chocolate Buttons
Everyone loves chocolate buttons so how about these yummy giant chocolate buttons as a gift, to yourself or someone else!
Geronimo Festival is back for 2018 and is bigger and better than ever before with not one, but two events for you to enjoy! Book early for the best prices and then join us for tonnes of fun this Summer! We can't wait!
Eye-boggling events near you
If you are looking for something new and exciting to do this Easter then look no further than than Fantastic for Families...the nation's new listings website for families. Click here for their top picks for creative family outings this Easter!