- 50g (2oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 250g (9oz) icing sugar, sifted, plus extra for dusting
- 200g (7oz) desiccated coconut
- Pink edible food colouring
- Mix together the condensed milk and icing sugar in a bowl with a wooden spoon until it gets very stiff.
- Mix in the coconut until well combined â you may have to use your hands.
- Split into two and knead one half with a small amount of the pink colouring.
- Dust a board with icing sugar then shape each half into a smooth rectangle and place on top of each other. Using a rolling pin, roll, reshaping if necessary, until you have a rectangle of coconut ice about 3cm thick.
- Leave it to set on a plate or board for at least 3 hours.
- Cut into squares with a sharp knife.
Dorset Mummy Writes
I'm Rochelle and I write a blog - Dorset Mummy Writes.
This blog came about in part so I could keep up my journalistic skills and write regularly but also so I could talk about the area where I live, my life as a mummy here and how the two hopefully work so well together.
On top of that, I'm also working to establish myself as a copywriter and proofreader so life is fun, but pretty hectic!
I love these cute snowmen cupcakes-why not give them a try!
Gingerbread Dough for Hanging Cookie Decorations
I love making cookie decorations with my children in the lead up to Christmas. I've tried different gingerbread dough variations, and this is probably one of my favourites...
Giant Chocolate Buttons
Everyone loves chocolate buttons so how about these yummy giant chocolate buttons as a gift, to yourself or someone else!
Bored of Nut Loaf at Christmas? If you fancy a bit of a change to the usual vegan and vegetarian meals then try this tasty starter-one of a selection of recipes from Karin Ridgers.
Become a member today!
Becoming a member of Raring2go! is quick and simple, and even better - it is FREE! For a couple of minutes of your time signing up you will be rewarded with a national and local newsletter monthly, as well as being eligible to take advantage of our members only discounts and competitions! What more do you need? Sign up today!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!