- 50g (2oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 250g (9oz) icing sugar, sifted, plus extra for dusting
- 200g (7oz) desiccated coconut
- Pink edible food colouring
- Mix together the condensed milk and icing sugar in a bowl with a wooden spoon until it gets very stiff.
- Mix in the coconut until well combined Ã¢- you may have to use your hands.
- Split into two and knead one half with a small amount of the pink colouring.
- Dust a board with icing sugar then shape each half into a smooth rectangle and place on top of each other. Using a rolling pin, roll, reshaping if necessary, until you have a rectangle of coconut ice about 3cm thick.
- Leave it to set on a plate or board for at least 3 hours.
- Cut into squares with a sharp knife.
Dorset Mummy Writes
I'm Rochelle and I write a blog - Dorset Mummy Writes.
This blog came about in part so I could keep up my journalistic skills and write regularly but also so I could talk about the area where I live, my life as a mummy here and how the two hopefully work so well together.
On top of that, I'm also working to establish myself as a copywriter and proofreader so life is fun, but pretty hectic!
Beautiful, large, rich fruit cake-perfect for Christmas
Easy, yet delicious-certain to make you feel Christmassy!
Christmas Jelly Pot
Tasty and very effective. Grown up looking pudding for kids.
I love these cute snowmen cupcakes-why not give them a try!
20% OFF PERSONALISED SCHOOL LABELS
School is about your kids losing themselves in learning; not about losing their supplies.
With Stuck On You, you can ensure nothing ever goes missing again—from clothes and shoes through to drink bottles and lunchboxes. For a limited time, take 20% off the entire range of Stuck On You labels!
Try the multi‑award winning online reading programme for ages 2–13. Designed by expert educators, it's the proven way to help your child learn to read and prepare for school while having fun.
Reading Eggs makes learning to read easy and fun for young kids — and it really works!