- 50g (2oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 250g (9oz) icing sugar, sifted, plus extra for dusting
- 200g (7oz) desiccated coconut
- Pink edible food colouring
- Mix together the condensed milk and icing sugar in a bowl with a wooden spoon until it gets very stiff.
- Mix in the coconut until well combined â you may have to use your hands.
- Split into two and knead one half with a small amount of the pink colouring.
- Dust a board with icing sugar then shape each half into a smooth rectangle and place on top of each other. Using a rolling pin, roll, reshaping if necessary, until you have a rectangle of coconut ice about 3cm thick.
- Leave it to set on a plate or board for at least 3 hours.
- Cut into squares with a sharp knife.
Dorset Mummy Writes
I'm Rochelle and I write a blog - Dorset Mummy Writes.
This blog came about in part so I could keep up my journalistic skills and write regularly but also so I could talk about the area where I live, my life as a mummy here and how the two hopefully work so well together.
On top of that, I'm also working to establish myself as a copywriter and proofreader so life is fun, but pretty hectic!
Bored of Nut Loaf at Christmas? If you fancy a bit of a change to the usual vegan and vegetarian meals then try this tasty starter-one of a selection of recipes from Karin Ridgers.
Have you ever thought of making miniature Christmas Cupcakes?
Christmas Bubble and Squeak
A Christmas tradition with a Kalettes® twist
I love these cute snowmen cupcakes-why not give them a try!
Advent Calendar Competition
This year we are bringing back our Advent Calendar Competition on our Facebook page! Each day from 1st - 24th December we will be running a task on the page and picking someone to win a prize bundle. With prizes from Our Little Globe, Stuck on You, Thermapen, Scentco UK, ToucanBox, HamaBeads, Orchard Toys, Pip Ahoy, Gotrovo and more, don't miss it!
If you are looking for ideas to keep the children busy throughout the Christmas holidays, or the kids want some ideas and inspiration for cards and gifts them take a look at our Winter KidsZone. Jam packed full of fun ideas that everyone can get involved in! Activities for indoors and out - some are messy, some are not! What are you waiting for?!?!