- 50g (2oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 250g (9oz) icing sugar, sifted, plus extra for dusting
- 200g (7oz) desiccated coconut
- Pink edible food colouring
- Mix together the condensed milk and icing sugar in a bowl with a wooden spoon until it gets very stiff.
- Mix in the coconut until well combined â you may have to use your hands.
- Split into two and knead one half with a small amount of the pink colouring.
- Dust a board with icing sugar then shape each half into a smooth rectangle and place on top of each other. Using a rolling pin, roll, reshaping if necessary, until you have a rectangle of coconut ice about 3cm thick.
- Leave it to set on a plate or board for at least 3 hours.
- Cut into squares with a sharp knife.
Dorset Mummy Writes
I'm Rochelle and I write a blog - Dorset Mummy Writes.
This blog came about in part so I could keep up my journalistic skills and write regularly but also so I could talk about the area where I live, my life as a mummy here and how the two hopefully work so well together.
On top of that, I'm also working to establish myself as a copywriter and proofreader so life is fun, but pretty hectic!
Bored of Nut Loaf at Christmas? If you fancy a bit of a change to the usual vegan and vegetarian meals then try this tasty starter-one of a selection of recipes from Karin Ridgers.
I love these cute snowmen cupcakes-why not give them a try!
Beautiful, large, rich fruit cake
Capture winter and Christmas perfectly with these little fellows.
Go Ape Competition
Join the Adventure - Imagine going into school and telling your class you have just won them ALL a trip to Go Ape! What a great treat for 2017 that would be. We have teamed up with the lovely people over at award winning Go Ape to give 4 classes the chance of winning a class trip to a Go Ape venue. Live Life more adventuously - our challenge to you
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!