45minutes cooking time
- 200g currants
- 120g sultanas
- 75g raisins
- 75g chopped glace cherries
You can soak the fruit in brandy overnight of you'd like - about 2 tablespoons is enough.Ã Otherwise, just make the cake mixture, add the fruit and stir.
- 180g plain flour
- 120g soft brown sugar
- 100ml cooking oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tblspn black treacle (optional)
Make your usual rich fruit cake recipe but bake them in cupcake cases. They won't take long to cook as they are so small. Once cooled the children can roll out marzipan and fondant icing to top them and the older more creative ones might enjoy making little models out of the fondant icing.
CHRISTMAS CUPCAKES 'Proper Christmas Cake' (Just miniature versions). This is a very simple recipe that children will find easy to make.
- Place all the cake ingredients in a large bowl and mix until they are all incorporated.Ã You can use a wooden spoon or a electric mixer.
- Once mixed thoroughly add all of the fruit and stir until it's fully coated.
- Place the cupcake cases in a tin and fill almost to the top.Ã This mix won't rise.
- Bake at 160 C until firm to the touch.Ã Approximately 45 minutes.
- Once cooled you can buy marzipan and fondant icing to roll and decorate.Ã Ideally the marzipan should be 'stuck' to the cake with some warmed apricot jam but this isn't essential.
- The supermarkets all have lots of lovely things to decoarate with. Check the Home Baking aisle.
Christmas dinner leftover recipe
South Asian Turkey Wraps. Great quick meals after Xmas.
These are so simple but very effective and VERY cute!
A tasty treat or a lovely gift perfect for Christmas.
Christmas Cookies are the perfect homemade present from children.
If you are looking for ideas to keep the children busy throughout the Christmas holidays, or the kids want some ideas and inspiration for cards and gifts them take a look at our Winter KidsZone. Jam packed full of fun ideas that everyone can get involved in! Activities for indoors and out - some are messy, some are not! What are you waiting for?!?!
We all know that the festive period is a time for giving, spending time as a family and for over indulging, and we are here to help! Our Christmas recipe section has lots of tasty treats to satisfy the sweet and savoury cravings of the whole family. Get busy in the kitchen with the kids and enjoy some delicious food together this Christmas.