45minutes cooking time
- 200g currants
- 120g sultanas
- 75g raisins
- 75g chopped glace cherries
You can soak the fruit in brandy overnight of you'd like - about 2 tablespoons is enough.Â Otherwise, just make the cake mixture, add the fruit and stir.
- 180g plain flour
- 120g soft brown sugar
- 100ml cooking oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tblspn black treacle (optional)
Make your usual rich fruit cake recipe but bake them in cupcake cases. They won't take long to cook as they are so small. Once cooled the children can roll out marzipan and fondant icing to top them and the older more creative ones might enjoy making little models out of the fondant icing.
CHRISTMAS CUPCAKES 'Proper Christmas Cake' (Just miniature versions). This is a very simple recipe that children will find easy to make.
- Place all the cake ingredients in a large bowl and mix until they are all incorporated.Â You can use a wooden spoon or a electric mixer.
- Once mixed thoroughly add all of the fruit and stir until it's fully coated.
- Place the cupcake cases in a tin and fill almost to the top.Â This mix won't rise.
- Bake at 160 C until firm to the touch.Â Approximately 45 minutes.
- Once cooled you can buy marzipan and fondant icing to roll and decorate.Â Ideally the marzipan should be 'stuck' to the cake with some warmed apricot jam but this isn't essential.
- The supermarkets all have lots of lovely things to decoarate with. Check the Home Baking aisle.
I love these cute snowmen cupcakes-why not give them a try!
Giant Chocolate Buttons
Everyone loves chocolate buttons so how about these yummy giant chocolate buttons as a gift, to yourself or someone else!
Christmas Bubble and Squeak
A Christmas tradition with a Kalettes® twist
Christmas Tree Cake Pop
These are really simple and so much fun for the kids!
Halloween is the perfect time of year to get creative in the kitchen and making food scarily fun! Whether you want to jazz up a slice of cheese on toast or go full out for a party with spooky drinks and disgusting nibbles we have some great Halloween recipes for you right here. The kids will love getting involved - or have a surprise goulish meal!!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!