45minutes cooking time
- 200g currants
- 120g sultanas
- 75g raisins
- 75g chopped glace cherries
You can soak the fruit in brandy overnight of you'd like - about 2 tablespoons is enough.Â Otherwise, just make the cake mixture, add the fruit and stir.
- 180g plain flour
- 120g soft brown sugar
- 100ml cooking oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tblspn black treacle (optional)
Make your usual rich fruit cake recipe but bake them in cupcake cases. They won't take long to cook as they are so small. Once cooled the children can roll out marzipan and fondant icing to top them and the older more creative ones might enjoy making little models out of the fondant icing.
CHRISTMAS CUPCAKES 'Proper Christmas Cake' (Just miniature versions). This is a very simple recipe that children will find easy to make.
- Place all the cake ingredients in a large bowl and mix until they are all incorporated.Â You can use a wooden spoon or a electric mixer.
- Once mixed thoroughly add all of the fruit and stir until it's fully coated.
- Place the cupcake cases in a tin and fill almost to the top.Â This mix won't rise.
- Bake at 160 C until firm to the touch.Â Approximately 45 minutes.
- Once cooled you can buy marzipan and fondant icing to roll and decorate.Â Ideally the marzipan should be 'stuck' to the cake with some warmed apricot jam but this isn't essential.
- The supermarkets all have lots of lovely things to decoarate with. Check the Home Baking aisle.
Christmas Cookies are the perfect homemade present from children.
I love these cute snowmen cupcakes-why not give them a try!
Christmas Marshmallow Lollies
Perfect for children of any age to make and give to friends.
Gingerbread Dough for Hanging Cookie Decorations
I love making cookie decorations in the lead up to Christmas
Most children love to help in the kitchen, whether it is preparing a whole meal or baking some tasty treats. We have lots of yummy recipes that the children can help with, and that the whole family can then enjoy eating. Click here to take a look at our recipe section for mealtime inspiration and cheeky goodies to try with the family this summer!!!
Mother's Day Craft Ideas
Your Mum will LOVE receiving something homemade from you this Mothering Sunday...take a look at our ideas here and make something extra special that can be treasured for years to come - from a homemade bunch of flowers (maybe placed on a tray of breakfast in bed, to a beautifully crafted photo frame with the children's faces smiling back at her...