45minutes cooking time
- 200g currants
- 120g sultanas
- 75g raisins
- 75g chopped glace cherries
You can soak the fruit in brandy overnight of you'd like - about 2 tablespoons is enough.Ã Otherwise, just make the cake mixture, add the fruit and stir.
- 180g plain flour
- 120g soft brown sugar
- 100ml cooking oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tblspn black treacle (optional)
Make your usual rich fruit cake recipe but bake them in cupcake cases. They won't take long to cook as they are so small. Once cooled the children can roll out marzipan and fondant icing to top them and the older more creative ones might enjoy making little models out of the fondant icing.
CHRISTMAS CUPCAKES 'Proper Christmas Cake' (Just miniature versions). This is a very simple recipe that children will find easy to make.
- Place all the cake ingredients in a large bowl and mix until they are all incorporated.Ã You can use a wooden spoon or a electric mixer.
- Once mixed thoroughly add all of the fruit and stir until it's fully coated.
- Place the cupcake cases in a tin and fill almost to the top.Ã This mix won't rise.
- Bake at 160 C until firm to the touch.Ã Approximately 45 minutes.
- Once cooled you can buy marzipan and fondant icing to roll and decorate.Ã Ideally the marzipan should be 'stuck' to the cake with some warmed apricot jam but this isn't essential.
- The supermarkets all have lots of lovely things to decoarate with. Check the Home Baking aisle.
Giant Chocolate Buttons
Everyone loves chocolate buttons so how about these yummy giant chocolate buttons as a gift, to yourself or someone else!
Capture winter and Christmas perfectly with these little fellows.
Beautiful, large, rich fruit cake-perfect for Christmas
Christmas Bubble and Squeak
A Christmas tradition with a Kalettes® twist
20% OFF PERSONALISED SCHOOL LABELS
School is about your kids losing themselves in learning; not about losing their supplies.
With Stuck On You, you can ensure nothing ever goes missing again—from clothes and shoes through to drink bottles and lunchboxes. For a limited time, take 20% off the entire range of Stuck On You labels!
Why seize the summer?
Explore Learning believe progress shouldn’t stop at the end of term, and research shows it shouldn’t either.
71% of parents think their children’s abilities drop by the time the new school year starts. We’ve developed a jam-packed summer programme of workshops to give your child the best start to the new school year. Save £50 this summer–why wait?