12minutes cooking time
- 140g (5oz) icing sugar, sieved
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 250g (9oz) butter, cubes
- 375g (13oz) plain flour, sieved, plus extra for dusting
- To decorate: Icing sugar, melted chocolate, food colouring, sweets
- In a bowl, mix together the icing sugar, vanilla, egg yolk and butter with a wooden spoon.
- Add the flour and mix to a firm dough.
- Shape into two flat discs, wrap in cling film and chill for half an hour.
- Heat the oven to 190°C/gas mark 5 and line two baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface until 0.5cm thick.
- Cut out Christmas shapes, place on the baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes until light golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Mix the icing sugar according to the packet instructions and colour.
- Spread this â or the melted chocolate â over the biscuits and decorate however you like!Â
Dorset Mummy Writes
I'm Rochelle and I write a blog - Dorset Mummy Writes.
This blog came about in part so I could keep up my journalistic skills and write regularly but also so I could talk about the area where I live, my life as a mummy here and how the two hopefully work so well together.
On top of that, I'm also working to establish myself as a copywriter and proofreader so life is fun, but pretty hectic!
Have you ever thought of making miniature Christmas Cupcakes?
Try these very easy, yet delicious mince pies-certain to make you feel Christmassy!
These are so simple but very effective and VERY cute!
Christmas Bubble and Squeak
A Christmas tradition with a Kalettes® twist
Become a member today!
Becoming a member of Raring2go! is quick and simple, and even better - it is FREE! For a couple of minutes of your time signing up you will be rewarded with a national and local newsletter monthly, as well as being eligible to take advantage of our members only discounts and competitions! What more do you need? Sign up today!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!