12minutes cooking time
- 140g (5oz) icing sugar, sieved
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 250g (9oz) butter, cubes
- 375g (13oz) plain flour, sieved, plus extra for dusting
- To decorate: Icing sugar, melted chocolate, food colouring, sweets
- In a bowl, mix together the icing sugar, vanilla, egg yolk and butter with a wooden spoon.
- Add the flour and mix to a firm dough.
- Shape into two flat discs, wrap in cling film and chill for half an hour.
- Heat the oven to 190°C/gas mark 5 and line two baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface until 0.5cm thick.
- Cut out Christmas shapes, place on the baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes until light golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Mix the icing sugar according to the packet instructions and colour.
- Spread this Ã¢- or the melted chocolate Ã¢- over the biscuits and decorate however you like!Ã
Dorset Mummy Writes
I'm Rochelle and I write a blog - Dorset Mummy Writes.
This blog came about in part so I could keep up my journalistic skills and write regularly but also so I could talk about the area where I live, my life as a mummy here and how the two hopefully work so well together.
On top of that, I'm also working to establish myself as a copywriter and proofreader so life is fun, but pretty hectic!
These are so simple but very effective and VERY cute!
Capture winter and Christmas perfectly with these little fellows.
I love making cookie decorations in the lead up to Christmas
Christmas Tree Cake Pop
These are really simple and so much fun for the kids!
Win with Raring2go!
Everyone likes to receive goodies in the post don't they?! With our regular competitions you are always in with a great chance of winning (as long as you enter of course!) Head on over to our competitions page and see what is on offer this month-you need to be a member, but that's free and easy to do! Go on, what are you waiting for?! Get winning!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here