12minutes cooking time
- 140g (5oz) icing sugar, sieved
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 250g (9oz) butter, cubes
- 375g (13oz) plain flour, sieved, plus extra for dusting
- To decorate: Icing sugar, melted chocolate, food colouring, sweets
- In a bowl, mix together the icing sugar, vanilla, egg yolk and butter with a wooden spoon.
- Add the flour and mix to a firm dough.
- Shape into two flat discs, wrap in cling film and chill for half an hour.
- Heat the oven to 190°C/gas mark 5 and line two baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface until 0.5cm thick.
- Cut out Christmas shapes, place on the baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes until light golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Mix the icing sugar according to the packet instructions and colour.
- Spread this Ã¢- or the melted chocolate Ã¢- over the biscuits and decorate however you like!Ã
Dorset Mummy Writes
I'm Rochelle and I write a blog - Dorset Mummy Writes.
This blog came about in part so I could keep up my journalistic skills and write regularly but also so I could talk about the area where I live, my life as a mummy here and how the two hopefully work so well together.
On top of that, I'm also working to establish myself as a copywriter and proofreader so life is fun, but pretty hectic!
These are so simple but very effective and VERY cute!
I love these cute snowmen cupcakes-why not give them a try!
Giant Chocolate Buttons
Everyone loves chocolate buttons so how about these yummy giant chocolate buttons as a gift, to yourself or someone else!
Christmas Bubble and Squeak
A Christmas tradition with a Kalettes® twist
20% OFF PERSONALISED SCHOOL LABELS
School is about your kids losing themselves in learning; not about losing their supplies.
With Stuck On You, you can ensure nothing ever goes missing again—from clothes and shoes through to drink bottles and lunchboxes. For a limited time, take 20% off the entire range of Stuck On You labels!
Since 2001, Explore Learning have helped over 200,000 children to excel academically, reach their potential and achieve the best possible results.
Mapped to the school curriculum, we ensure children progress academically and develop socially, changing their attitude towards learning.