Toffee Apple Cupcakes
20minutes cooking time
- 115 g unsalted butter
- 115 g caster sugar
- 115 g self raising flour
- 2 free-range eggs
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp milk
- ½ large cooking apple, peeled, chopped and diced into small chunks
- 70 g fudge pieces
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into 5mm dice
- 75g butter
- 150g light muscovado sugar
- Spiced cream cheese
- 85g cream cheese, softened
- 75g butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 480g icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Cream the butter and sugar and then add the eggs one at a time.
- Add the flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Add milk apples and fudge.
- Put the mixture into cases and cook in pre heated oven 15-20 mins 180°c
- When cooled core out a piece from middle and add apple sauce and put lid back on.
- Top with spiced cream cheese topping
- Whilst the cakes are cooking make the Apple Sauce
- Place the diced apples in a heavy-based pan with the butter and sugar and heat gently until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved. Turn up the heat and, stirring constantly, cook over a high heat for about 5 minutes, until the colour of the sauce begins to darken, then remove the pan from the heat. You do not want it too mushy!
- Probably loads of sauce left over, add some double cream and heat.... yummy over ice cream or heat and add a splash of calvados for the grown ups !
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and allspice together. Gradually mix in the icing sugar, vanilla and milk until the mixture is spreadable.
- Decorate your cakes!
Homemade Strawberry Jam
Homemade strawberry jam made from surplus fruit
Chocolate Fudge Cake
This is a great chocolate cake & perfect for a celebration.
Chocolate and Hazelnut Cupcakes
The hidden hazlenut spread turns these cupcakes into something very cheeky!
Crumble-topped Cheese & Ham muffins
Simple & different savoury scones, all the family will enjoy
What's on this Easter
Are you looking for some fun through the Easter holidays? Maybe you want to go on an Easter Egg Hunt? Meet the Easter Bunny himself or visit somewhere new? Our What's On Guide will help you plan your diary for a packed fortnight local to you or maybe even further afield if you are feeling more adventurous! Click here and localise to get started!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here