Toffee Apple Cupcakes
20minutes cooking time
- 115 g unsalted butter
- 115 g caster sugar
- 115 g self raising flour
- 2 free-range eggs
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp milk
- ½ large cooking apple, peeled, chopped and diced into small chunks
- 70 g fudge pieces
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into 5mm dice
- 75g butter
- 150g light muscovado sugar
- Spiced cream cheese
- 85g cream cheese, softened
- 75g butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 480g icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Cream the butter and sugar and then add the eggs one at a time.
- Add the flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Add milk apples and fudge.
- Put the mixture into cases and cook in pre heated oven 15-20 mins 180°c
- When cooled core out a piece from middle and add apple sauce and put lid back on.
- Top with spiced cream cheese topping
- Whilst the cakes are cooking make the Apple Sauce
- Place the diced apples in a heavy-based pan with the butter and sugar and heat gently until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved. Turn up the heat and, stirring constantly, cook over a high heat for about 5 minutes, until the colour of the sauce begins to darken, then remove the pan from the heat. You do not want it too mushy!
- Probably loads of sauce left over, add some double cream and heat.... yummy over ice cream or heat and add a splash of calvados for the grown ups !
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and allspice together. Gradually mix in the icing sugar, vanilla and milk until the mixture is spreadable.
- Decorate your cakes!
Try these delicious nutella cupcakes - easy for the kids to make too!
Campfire Chocolate Orange Brownies
Next time you have a campfire going, get the kids involved in making these lovely chocolate orange brownies. Not only are they really easy to make, but they're great to eat too!
Banana and Walnut Loaf
A great way of using up old bananas instead of throwing them away...
Healthy snacks: Easy Cheesy Scones
These easy cheesy scones are fun to make with the kids and a great addition to any lunch box. Why not use up the leftover bits and pieces in your fridge and mix them with cream cheese to make a yummy filling to fill up hungry tummies?
Geronimo Festival is back for 2018 and is bigger and better than ever before with not one, but two events for you to enjoy! Book early for the best prices and then join us for tonnes of fun this Summer! We can't wait!
Eye-boggling events near you
If you are looking for something new and exciting to do this Easter then look no further than than Fantastic for Families...the nation's new listings website for families. Click here for their top picks for creative family outings this Easter!