Toffee Apple Cupcakes
20minutes cooking time
- 115 g unsalted butter
- 115 g caster sugar
- 115 g self raising flour
- 2 free-range eggs
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp milk
- ½ large cooking apple, peeled, chopped and diced into small chunks
- 70 g fudge pieces
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into 5mm dice
- 75g butter
- 150g light muscovado sugar
- Spiced cream cheese
- 85g cream cheese, softened
- 75g butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 480g icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Cream the butter and sugar and then add the eggs one at a time.
- Add the flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Add milk apples and fudge.
- Put the mixture into cases and cook in pre heated oven 15-20 mins 180°c
- When cooled core out a piece from middle and add apple sauce and put lid back on.
- Top with spiced cream cheese topping
- Whilst the cakes are cooking make the Apple Sauce
- Place the diced apples in a heavy-based pan with the butter and sugar and heat gently until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved. Turn up the heat and, stirring constantly, cook over a high heat for about 5 minutes, until the colour of the sauce begins to darken, then remove the pan from the heat. You do not want it too mushy!
- Probably loads of sauce left over, add some double cream and heat.... yummy over ice cream or heat and add a splash of calvados for the grown ups !
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and allspice together. Gradually mix in the icing sugar, vanilla and milk until the mixture is spreadable.
- Decorate your cakes!
Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Another tasty recipe you and the children can bake together!
Chocolate Goo Cakes
We love making these easy Chocolate Goo cakes...
Very Cheesy Nibbles
These are sooo easy to make, and simply delicious!
So simple, and the kids LOVE it!
Halloween is the perfect time of year to get creative in the kitchen and making food scarily fun! Whether you want to jazz up a slice of cheese on toast or go full out for a party with spooky drinks and disgusting nibbles we have some great Halloween recipes for you right here. The kids will love getting involved - or have a surprise goulish meal!!
Now that we are in autumn everyone is looking for things to do with the kids to celebrate this lovely colourful season. Here we have some great ideas, and they don't all involve being cooped up indoors! Get out and enjoy the cooler, fresh air and the crunchy leaves under foot - you can always return home afterwards for a hot chocolate and a snuggle