Toffee Apple Cupcakes
20minutes cooking time
- 115 g unsalted butter
- 115 g caster sugar
- 115 g self raising flour
- 2 free-range eggs
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp milk
- ½ large cooking apple, peeled, chopped and diced into small chunks
- 70 g fudge pieces
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into 5mm dice
- 75g butter
- 150g light muscovado sugar
- Spiced cream cheese
- 85g cream cheese, softened
- 75g butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 480g icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Cream the butter and sugar and then add the eggs one at a time.
- Add the flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Add milk apples and fudge.
- Put the mixture into cases and cook in pre heated oven 15-20 mins 180°c
- When cooled core out a piece from middle and add apple sauce and put lid back on.
- Top with spiced cream cheese topping
- Whilst the cakes are cooking make the Apple Sauce
- Place the diced apples in a heavy-based pan with the butter and sugar and heat gently until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved. Turn up the heat and, stirring constantly, cook over a high heat for about 5 minutes, until the colour of the sauce begins to darken, then remove the pan from the heat. You do not want it too mushy!
- Probably loads of sauce left over, add some double cream and heat.... yummy over ice cream or heat and add a splash of calvados for the grown ups !
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and allspice together. Gradually mix in the icing sugar, vanilla and milk until the mixture is spreadable.
- Decorate your cakes!
Chocolate Fudge Cake
This is a great chocolate cake & perfect for a celebration.
Autumn Apple Cake
A gooey apple and raisin cake, sandwiched with apple jam
Chocolate Fudge Cakes
Moist, gooey, delicious tray bake...perfect with a cuppa!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Delicious warm, and perfect with a glass of milk!!
We build holidays around you. Not us. And with over 175 parcs in wonderful locations throughout Europe, we're sure we've got the perfect place for you.
Wherever your're headed, you'll find the possibilities are endless! So why not make the most of our flexible travel dates and find the perfect holiday for your family?
What's more, you can save £££!
Now that we are in winter everyone is looking for things to do with the kids to enjoy the festive season. Here we have some great ideas, and they don't all involve being cooped up indoors! Get out and enjoy the world around you - you can always return home afterwards for a hot chocolate and a snuggle!