60minutes cooking time
- 6oz Plain Flour
- 2oz Caster Sugar
- 4oz Butter
- Mix flour and sugar
- Dice the butter (room temp)
- Squeeze all ingredients together
- Eventually it will make a biscuit dough - work until it all sticks together (not crumbly)
- Use 7" loose bottom cake tin
- Dust tin with flour
- Flatten shortbread mix - put in tin and push down so it fills the bottom
- Take it off the tin base and put it onto a lightly greased baking sheet
- Crimp the edges using your fingers Prick all over with a fork
- Cook in a very low oven Gas 1-2 for 1 hour or so
- Check you don't over cook it - but it needs long enough to dry out
- Once out of the oven cool on a cooling rack and sprinkle all over with caster sugar
Chocolate Goo Cakes
We love making these easy Chocolate Goo cakes – so called as they have a delicious melted chocolate centre. The children love putting the chocolate chunk in the centre of each cupcake and covering it over!
This is a great treat for bonfire night - fill your pockets and enjoy whilst wrapped up watching the fireworks!
Strawberry Mess Cupcakes
A twist on Eton Mess - cupcakes instead of a pudding-very tasty!
Try these tasty rainbow cookies with the children-loads of fun in making and eating!
Naughty but nice Puddings!
Check out our delicious puddings, my favourite is the limoncello trifle, not suitable for the kids, but there are some other scrummy recipes that the whole family can enjoy! Take a look in our pudding section for recipes to make summer BBQ's and eating alfresco all the more tasty! My girls LOVE the chocolate pizza - making it, but mostly eating it!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!