60minutes cooking time
- 6oz Plain Flour
- 2oz Caster Sugar
- 4oz Butter
- Mix flour and sugar
- Dice the butter (room temp)
- Squeeze all ingredients together
- Eventually it will make a biscuit dough - work until it all sticks together (not crumbly)
- Use 7" loose bottom cake tin
- Dust tin with flour
- Flatten shortbread mix - put in tin and push down so it fills the bottom
- Take it off the tin base and put it onto a lightly greased baking sheet
- Crimp the edges using your fingers Prick all over with a fork
- Cook in a very low oven Gas 1-2 for 1 hour or so
- Check you don't over cook it - but it needs long enough to dry out
- Once out of the oven cool on a cooling rack and sprinkle all over with caster sugar
Campfire Chocolate Orange Brownies
Next time you have a campfire going, get the kids involved in making these lovely chocolate orange brownies. Not only are they really easy to make, but they're great to eat too!
Mrs Bagshaws Wartime Treacle Cake
Delicious anytime of the year but great for autumn and bonfire night
Homemade Strawberry Jam
Homemade strawberry jam made from surplus fruit
Crumble-topped Cheese & Ham muffins!
Simple & different savoury muffins which all the family will enjoy
Become a member today!
Becoming a member of Raring2go! is quick and simple, and even better - it is FREE! For a couple of minutes of your time signing up you will be rewarded with a national and local newsletter monthly, as well as being eligible to take advantage of our members only discounts and competitions! What more do you need? Sign up today!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!