60minutes cooking time
- 6oz Plain Flour
- 2oz Caster Sugar
- 4oz Butter
- Mix flour and sugar
- Dice the butter (room temp)
- Squeeze all ingredients together
- Eventually it will make a biscuit dough - work until it all sticks together (not crumbly)
- Use 7" loose bottom cake tin
- Dust tin with flour
- Flatten shortbread mix - put in tin and push down so it fills the bottom
- Take it off the tin base and put it onto a lightly greased baking sheet
- Crimp the edges using your fingers Prick all over with a fork
- Cook in a very low oven Gas 1-2 for 1 hour or so
- Check you don't over cook it - but it needs long enough to dry out
- Once out of the oven cool on a cooling rack and sprinkle all over with caster sugar
Strawberry Mess Cupcakes
A twist on Eton Mess - cupcakes instead of a pudding-very tasty!
So simple, and the kids LOVE it!
Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Another tasty cupcake recipe!
Healthy snacks: Easy Cheesy Scones
These easy cheesy scones are fun to make with the kids and a great addition to any lunch box. Why not use up the leftover bits and pieces in your fridge and mix them with cream cheese to make a yummy filling to fill up hungry tummies?
Geronimo Festival is back for 2018 and is bigger and better than ever before with not one, but two events for you to enjoy! Book early for the best prices and then join us for tonnes of fun this Summer! We can't wait!
Eye-boggling events near you
If you are looking for something new and exciting to do this Easter then look no further than than Fantastic for Families...the nation's new listings website for families. Click here for their top picks for creative family outings this Easter!