60minutes cooking time
- 6oz Plain Flour
- 2oz Caster Sugar
- 4oz Butter
- Mix flour and sugar
- Dice the butter (room temp)
- Squeeze all ingredients together
- Eventually it will make a biscuit dough - work until it all sticks together (not crumbly)
- Use 7" loose bottom cake tin
- Dust tin with flour
- Flatten shortbread mix - put in tin and push down so it fills the bottom
- Take it off the tin base and put it onto a lightly greased baking sheet
- Crimp the edges using your fingers Prick all over with a fork
- Cook in a very low oven Gas 1-2 for 1 hour or so
- Check you don't over cook it - but it needs long enough to dry out
- Once out of the oven cool on a cooling rack and sprinkle all over with caster sugar
This is a great treat for bonfire night - fill your pockets and enjoy whilst wrapped up watching the fireworks!
Dairy Free Cupcakes
Just because you can't eat dairy does not mean you should miss out on eating cupcakes...
So simple, and the kids LOVE it!
Chocolate and Hazelnut Cupcakes
The hidden hazlenut spread turns these cupcakes into something very cheeky!
Advent Calendar Competition
This year we are bringing back our Advent Calendar Competition on our Facebook page! Each day from 1st - 24th December we will be running a task on the page and picking someone to win a prize bundle. With prizes from Our Little Globe, Stuck on You, Thermapen, Scentco UK, ToucanBox, HamaBeads, Orchard Toys, Pip Ahoy, Gotrovo and more, don't miss it!
If you are looking for ideas to keep the children busy throughout the Christmas holidays, or the kids want some ideas and inspiration for cards and gifts them take a look at our Winter KidsZone. Jam packed full of fun ideas that everyone can get involved in! Activities for indoors and out - some are messy, some are not! What are you waiting for?!?!