15minutes cooking time
- 2 ½ Cups of Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Shortening
- ¾ Cup Caster Sugar
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- Food Colouring-gel colours give a brighter colour
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the Oven
- Mix all dry ingredients (except chocolate chips) together
- Beat sugar and shortening together
- Add eggs and vanilla
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together
- Divide into equal amounts and use a drop of gel colour and mix together
- Mix in chocolate chips (we used chopped up dates in the red/pink dough, you could use white chocolate chips, nuts, raisins etc.)
- Use a teaspoon to put mixture onto a greased, floured baking tray. You can do cookies of a solid colour or use smaller amounts of each colour like we did.
Ria has 2 girls and previously worked in nurseries for over over 15 years and left managing a day nursery when her eldest was born. She now works for Raring2go! as our digital content and strategy manager
If you are interested in writing for Raring2go! or featuring on our site please email Ria.
Strawberry Mess Cupcakes
A twist on Eton Mess - cupcakes instead of a pudding-very tasty!
Send your children to school with a Valentine's treat to brighten up their day!
We love these-store in a tupperware they last for ages (if they don't get eaten!!)
Banana and Walnut Loaf
A great way of using up old bananas instead of throwing them away...
hosting a Haunted House Party
Raise money for the British Heart Foundation whilst having a fang-tastic time! Entertain your guest by playing ghostly games and dancing to mysterious music. Why not wow your guests with these healthy and tasty spooky snacks? If you would like to do some freaky face paints then watch these step by step video tutorials. Fri 27th-31st Oct
Halloween is the perfect time of year to get creative in the kitchen and making food scarily fun! Whether you want to jazz up a slice of cheese on toast or go full out for a party with spooky drinks and disgusting nibbles we have some great Halloween recipes for you right here. The kids will love getting involved - or have a surprise goulish meal!!