15minutes cooking time
- 2 ½ Cups of Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Shortening
- ¾ Cup Caster Sugar
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- Food Colouring-gel colours give a brighter colour
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the Oven
- Mix all dry ingredients (except chocolate chips) together
- Beat sugar and shortening together
- Add eggs and vanilla
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together
- Divide into equal amounts and use a drop of gel colour and mix together
- Mix in chocolate chips (we used chopped up dates in the red/pink dough, you could use white chocolate chips, nuts, raisins etc.)
- Use a teaspoon to put mixture onto a greased, floured baking tray. You can do cookies of a solid colour or use smaller amounts of each colour like we did.
Ria has 2 girls and previously worked in nurseries for over over 15 years and left managing a day nursery when her eldest was born. She now works for Raring2go! as our digital content and strategy manager
If you are interested in writing for Raring2go! or featuring on our site please email Ria.
Send your children to school with a Valentine's treat to brighten up their day!
Dairy Free Cupcakes
Just because you can't eat dairy does not mean you should miss out on eating cupcakes...
Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Another tasty cupcake recipe!
Banana and Walnut Loaf
A great way of using up old bananas instead of throwing them away...
It’s only cold when you’re standing still…
Sarah from Xercise4Less gives Raring2go! some great ideas for family fun to keep fit and healthy. Don't get stuck indoors just because it is winter. Dark mornings, cold blustery evenings and it seems we would all rather reach for our duvet than even contemplate heading outdoors to get active! Remember it’s only cold when you’re standing still…
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!