15minutes cooking time
- 2 ½ Cups of Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Shortening
- ¾ Cup Caster Sugar
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- Food Colouring-gel colours give a brighter colour
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the Oven
- Mix all dry ingredients (except chocolate chips) together
- Beat sugar and shortening together
- Add eggs and vanilla
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together
- Divide into equal amounts and use a drop of gel colour and mix together
- Mix in chocolate chips (we used chopped up dates in the red/pink dough, you could use white chocolate chips, nuts, raisins etc.)
- Use a teaspoon to put mixture onto a greased, floured baking tray. You can do cookies of a solid colour or use smaller amounts of each colour like we did.
Ria has 2 girls and previously worked in nurseries for over over 15 years and left managing a day nursery when her eldest was born. She now works for Raring2go! as our digital content and strategy manager
If you are interested in writing for Raring2go! or featuring on our site please email Ria.
Autumn Apple Cake
A delicious gooey apple and raisin cake, sandwiched with apple jam and apple butter cream - if, like us, you have a surfeit of apples, make your own apple jam!
Strawberry Mess Cupcakes
A twist on Eton Mess - cupcakes instead of a pudding-very tasty!
Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Another tasty cupcake recipe!
Plum and Blackcurrant Muffins
A perfect bake for Autumn!
Become a member today!
Becoming a member of Raring2go! is quick and simple, and even better - it is FREE! For a couple of minutes of your time signing up you will be rewarded with a national and local newsletter monthly, as well as being eligible to take advantage of our members only discounts and competitions! What more do you need? Sign up today!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!