15minutes cooking time
- 2 ½ Cups of Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Shortening
- ¾ Cup Caster Sugar
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- Food Colouring-gel colours give a brighter colour
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the Oven
- Mix all dry ingredients (except chocolate chips) together
- Beat sugar and shortening together
- Add eggs and vanilla
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together
- Divide into equal amounts and use a drop of gel colour and mix together
- Mix in chocolate chips (we used chopped up dates in the red/pink dough, you could use white chocolate chips, nuts, raisins etc.)
- Use a teaspoon to put mixture onto a greased, floured baking tray. You can do cookies of a solid colour or use smaller amounts of each colour like we did.
Ria has 2 girls and previously worked in nurseries for over 15 years and left managing a day nursery when her eldest was born. She now works for Raring2go! as our Digital Content and Strategy Manager
If you are interested in writing for Raring2go! or featuring on our site please email Ria.
Royal icing sets hard and is a great way to decorate biscuits.
Mrs Bagshaws Wartime Treacle Cake
Delicious anytime of the year but great for autumn and bonfire night
Autumn Apple Cake
A delicious gooey apple and raisin cake, sandwiched with apple jam and apple butter cream - if, like us, you have a surfeit of apples, make your own apple jam!
Try these delicious nutella cupcakes - easy for the kids to make too!
Geronimo Festival is back for 2018 and is bigger and better than ever before with not one, but two events for you to enjoy! Book early for the best prices and then join us for tonnes of fun this Summer! We can't wait!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here