Plum and Blackcurrant Muffins
18minutes cooking time
- 12 small or 10 large Plums Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
- 40ml (cordial works) Blackcurrant syrup Â Â Â Â
- 3 medium beaten Eggs Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
- 150g Caster sugar Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
- 200g Flour (plain/spelt) Â Â Â Â Â Â
- 50g Ground almonds Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
- 1 ½ teaspoon Baking powder Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
- ¼ teaspoon Bicarb of soda Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
- ¼ teaspoon Fine salt Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
- 200g CrÃ¨me fraiche Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
- 50g melted Butter Â Â
- Line 12 cup muffin tray with folded paper or muffin cases and heat oven to 200c
- Cut plums into 8 and drizzle with the blackcurrant cordial (taking the stones out)
- Mix the eggs and sugar together. In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients and pour in the egg mixture, stir 4 or 5 times and then add the crÃ¨me fraiche and butter then stir 4 times. Next add the fruit and juices and stir 4 times more.
- Fill the muffin cases with the mixture (an ice cream scoop works well for this)
- The cases should only be Â¾ full.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then turn the oven down to 180c and cook for 6-8 mind more.
- Test with a skewer to see if the muffins are cooked (it should come out clean if they are ready)
- These can be frozen but they get eaten too fast in my kitchen and never make the freezer!
Head Tutor Gilly Robinson is not just a very good cook, she's a very good teacher. Her zest for life, sense of humour and eternal patience combine to encourage even the most hesitant of students. She has huge experience of running cooking courses and for several years was senior tutor at the Rosemary Shrager Cooking School at Swinton and still works with Rosemary on specific projects.
Chocolate and Hazelnut Cupcakes
The hidden hazlenut spread turns these cupcakes into something very cheeky!
Autumn Apple Cake
A delicious gooey apple and raisin cake, sandwiched with apple jam and apple butter cream - if, like us, you have a surfeit of apples, make your own apple jam!
Chocolate Goo Cakes
We love making these easy Chocolate Goo cakes – so called as they have a delicious melted chocolate centre. The children love putting the chocolate chunk in the centre of each cupcake and covering it over!
Microwave Mug Cake
Easy peasy 5 minute cake in a mug!
Become a member today!
Becoming a member of Raring2go! is quick and simple, and even better - it is FREE! For a couple of minutes of your time signing up you will be rewarded with a national and local newsletter monthly, as well as being eligible to take advantage of our members only discounts and competitions! What more do you need? Sign up today!
Go Ape Competition
Join the Adventure - Imagine going into school and telling your class you have just won them ALL a trip to Go Ape! What a great treat for 2017 that would be. We have teamed up with the lovely people over at award winning Go Ape to give 4 classes the chance of winning a class trip to a Go Ape venue. Live Life more adventuously - our challenge to you