Mrs Bagshaws Wartime Treacle Cake
70minutes cooking time
- 2 Cups of Self Raising Flour
- 3/4 Cup of Granulated Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 Cup of Raisins and / Sultanas
- 4oz chopped Walnuts
- 1 Tbsp Black Treacle
- 1 Cup Milk
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together
- Make a well in the middle
- Add the milk and treacle gradually, mixing well
- Pour into a lined loaf tin
- Cook for about 1 hour 10mins
Microwave Mug Cake
Make an easy peasy cake in a mug in just 5 minutes!
Chocolate Fudge Cakes
Moist, gooey, delicious tray bake
A fool proof recipe that the whole family will love to eat!
Strawberry Mess Cupcakes
A twist on Eton Mess - cupcakes instead of a pudding-very tasty!
Naughty but nice Puddings!
Check out our delicious puddings, my favourite is the limoncello trifle, not suitable for the kids, but there are some other scrummy recipes that the whole family can enjoy! Take a look in our pudding section for recipes to make summer BBQ's and eating alfresco all the more tasty! My girls LOVE the chocolate pizza - making it, but mostly eating it!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!