15minutes cooking time
- 350g Plain Flour
- 2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 100g Butter or Marg
- 175g Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 4 tbsp Golden Sugar
- icing or melted chocolate
- raisins, smarties or other sweets for decoration
- Mix flour, ginger and bicarbonate of soda together
- Rub in the butter using your fingers
- Add sugar and stir in the syrup and egg to make a dough
- Chill for 1 hour
- Heat the oven
- Grease the baking trays
- Roll out or pat out (for younger children) the dough to just under 1cm thick
- Use cutters to cut out shapes and place on the baking tray
- Chill for 1 hour
- Cook for 10-15 mins until golden
- Once cooled use icing or melted chocolate to stick sweeties or raisins on as decoration. You can decorate with chocolate drops or smarties before cooking but I prefer to do it after.
Ria has 2 girls and previously worked in nurseries for over over 15 years and left managing a day nursery when her eldest was born. She now works for Raring2go! as our digital content and strategy manager
If you are interested in writing for Raring2go! or featuring on our site please email Ria.
Autumn Apple Cake
A delicious gooey apple and raisin cake, sandwiched with apple jam and apple butter cream - if, like us, you have a surfeit of apples, make your own apple jam!
Toffee Apple Cupcakes
We have a yummy recipe for you to try at home with your children!
A fool proof recipe that the whole family will love to eat!
Very Cheesy Nibbles
These are sooo easy to make, and simply delicious!
Advent Calendar Competition
This year we are bringing back our Advent Calendar Competition on our Facebook page! Each day from 1st - 24th December we will be running a task on the page and picking someone to win a prize bundle. With prizes from Our Little Globe, Stuck on You, Thermapen, Scentco UK, ToucanBox, HamaBeads, Orchard Toys, Pip Ahoy, Gotrovo and more, don't miss it!
If you are looking for ideas to keep the children busy throughout the Christmas holidays, or the kids want some ideas and inspiration for cards and gifts them take a look at our Winter KidsZone. Jam packed full of fun ideas that everyone can get involved in! Activities for indoors and out - some are messy, some are not! What are you waiting for?!?!