15minutes cooking time
- 350g Plain Flour
- 2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 100g Butter or Marg
- 175g Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 4 tbsp Golden Sugar
- icing or melted chocolate
- raisins, smarties or other sweets for decoration
- Mix flour, ginger and bicarbonate of soda together
- Rub in the butter using your fingers
- Add sugar and stir in the syrup and egg to make a dough
- Chill for 1 hour
- Heat the oven
- Grease the baking trays
- Roll out or pat out (for younger children) the dough to just under 1cm thick
- Use cutters to cut out shapes and place on the baking tray
- Chill for 1 hour
- Cook for 10-15 mins until golden
- Once cooled use icing or melted chocolate to stick sweeties or raisins on as decoration. You can decorate with chocolate drops or smarties before cooking but I prefer to do it after.
Ria has 2 girls and previously worked in nurseries for over over 15 years and left managing a day nursery when her eldest was born. She now works for Raring2go! as our digital content and strategy manager
If you are interested in writing for Raring2go! or featuring on our site please email Ria.
A fool proof recipe that the whole family will love to eat!
Plum and Blackcurrant Muffins
A perfect bake for Autumn!
Chocolate and Hazelnut Cupcakes
The hidden hazlenut spread turns these cupcakes into something very cheeky!
Homemade Strawberry Jam
Homemade strawberry jam made from surplus fruit
Geronimo Festival is back for 2018 and is bigger and better than ever before with not one, but two events for you to enjoy! Book early for the best prices and then join us for tonnes of fun this Summer! We can't wait!
Eye-boggling events near you
If you are looking for something new and exciting to do this Easter then look no further than than Fantastic for Families...the nation's new listings website for families. Click here for their top picks for creative family outings this Easter!