15minutes cooking time
- 350g Plain Flour
- 2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 100g Butter or Marg
- 175g Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 4 tbsp Golden Sugar
- icing or melted chocolate
- raisins, smarties or other sweets for decoration
- Mix flour, ginger and bicarbonate of soda together
- Rub in the butter using your fingers
- Add sugar and stir in the syrup and egg to make a dough
- Chill for 1 hour
- Heat the oven
- Grease the baking trays
- Roll out or pat out (for younger children) the dough to just under 1cm thick
- Use cutters to cut out shapes and place on the baking tray
- Chill for 1 hour
- Cook for 10-15 mins until golden
- Once cooled use icing or melted chocolate to stick sweeties or raisins on as decoration. You can decorate with chocolate drops or smarties before cooking but I prefer to do it after.
Ria has 2 girls and previously worked in nurseries for over over 15 years and left managing a day nursery when her eldest was born. She now works for Raring2go! as our digital content and strategy manager
If you are interested in writing for Raring2go! or featuring on our site please email Ria.
Plum and Blackcurrant Muffins
A perfect bake for Autumn!
Microwave Mug Cake
Easy peasy 5 minute cake in a mug!
Healthy snacks: Easy Cheesy Scones
These easy cheesy scones are fun to make with the kids and a great addition to any lunch box. Why not use up the leftover bits and pieces in your fridge and mix them with cream cheese to make a yummy filling to fill up hungry tummies?
Royal icing sets hard and is a great way to decorate biscuits.
Become a member today!
Becoming a member of Raring2go! is quick and simple, and even better - it is FREE! For a couple of minutes of your time signing up you will be rewarded with a national and local newsletter monthly, as well as being eligible to take advantage of our members only discounts and competitions! What more do you need? Sign up today!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!