40minutes cooking time
- 250g Butter
- 200g Dark Brown Sugar-if I don't have enough I will use a mixture of light brown and dark brown sugar.
- 8tbs Golden Syrup
- 500g Oats
- 40g sultans, raisins, cherries, chocolate drops (I don't always add anything - plain is just as yummy!)
- Melt Butter, sugar and golden syrup
- Add oats and mix together
- Add any extras - raisins, chocolate drops, cherries etc
- Pour into a greased tin
- Flatten roughly
- Place in over for around 30mins
- Remove from oven, cut into squares
- Leave to cool
Ria has 2 girls and previously worked in nurseries for over over 15 years and left managing a day nursery when her eldest was born. She now works for Raring2go! as our digital content and strategy manager
If you are interested in writing for Raring2go! or featuring on our site please email Ria.
Try these delicious nutella cupcakes - easy for the kids to make too!
Autumn Apple Cake
A delicious gooey apple and raisin cake, sandwiched with apple jam and apple butter cream - if, like us, you have a surfeit of apples, make your own apple jam!
Microwave Mug Cake
Easy peasy 5 minute cake in a mug!
A fool proof recipe that the whole family will love to eat!
Become a member today!
Becoming a member of Raring2go! is quick and simple, and even better - it is FREE! For a couple of minutes of your time signing up you will be rewarded with a national and local newsletter monthly, as well as being eligible to take advantage of our members only discounts and competitions! What more do you need? Sign up today!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!