40minutes cooking time
- 250g Butter
- 200g Dark Brown Sugar-if I don't have enough I will use a mixture of light brown and dark brown sugar.
- 8tbs Golden Syrup
- 500g Oats
- 40g sultans, raisins, cherries, chocolate drops (I don't always add anything - plain is just as yummy!)
- Melt Butter, sugar and golden syrup
- Add oats and mix together
- Add any extras - raisins, chocolate drops, cherries etc
- Pour into a greased tin
- Flatten roughly
- Place in over for around 30mins
- Remove from oven, cut into squares
- Leave to cool
Ria has 2 girls and previously worked in nurseries for over over 15 years and left managing a day nursery when her eldest was born. She now works for Raring2go! as our digital content and strategy manager
If you are interested in writing for Raring2go! or featuring on our site please email Ria.
Banana and Walnut Loaf
A great way of using up old bananas instead of throwing them away...
Chocolate and Hazelnut Cupcakes
The hidden hazlenut spread turns these cupcakes into something very cheeky!
Try these tasty rainbow cookies with the children-loads of fun in making and eating!
Chocolate Fudge Cakes
Moist, gooey, delicious tray bake
Geronimo Festival is back for 2018 and is bigger and better than ever before with not one, but two events for you to enjoy! Book early for the best prices and then join us for tonnes of fun this Summer! We can't wait!
Eye-boggling events near you
If you are looking for something new and exciting to do this Easter then look no further than than Fantastic for Families...the nation's new listings website for families. Click here for their top picks for creative family outings this Easter!