40minutes cooking time
- 250g Butter
- 200g Dark Brown Sugar-if I don't have enough I will use a mixture of light brown and dark brown sugar.
- 8tbs Golden Syrup
- 500g Oats
- 40g sultans, raisins, cherries, chocolate drops (I don't always add anything - plain is just as yummy!)
- Melt Butter, sugar and golden syrup
- Add oats and mix together
- Add any extras - raisins, chocolate drops, cherries etc
- Pour into a greased tin
- Flatten roughly
- Place in over for around 30mins
- Remove from oven, cut into squares
- Leave to cool
Ria has 2 girls and previously worked in nurseries for over over 15 years and left managing a day nursery when her eldest was born. She now works for Raring2go! as our digital content and strategy manager
If you are interested in writing for Raring2go! or featuring on our site please email Ria.
Banana and Walnut Loaf
A great way of using up old bananas instead of throwing them away...
Try these delicious nutella cupcakes - easy for the kids to make too!
Autumn Apple Cake
A delicious gooey apple and raisin cake, sandwiched with apple jam and apple butter cream - if, like us, you have a surfeit of apples, make your own apple jam!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Delicious warm, and perfect with a glass of milk!!
Advent Calendar Competition
This year we are bringing back our Advent Calendar Competition on our Facebook page! Each day from 1st - 24th December we will be running a task on the page and picking someone to win a prize bundle. With prizes from Our Little Globe, Stuck on You, Thermapen, Scentco UK, ToucanBox, HamaBeads, Orchard Toys, Pip Ahoy, Gotrovo and more, don't miss it!
If you are looking for ideas to keep the children busy throughout the Christmas holidays, or the kids want some ideas and inspiration for cards and gifts them take a look at our Winter KidsZone. Jam packed full of fun ideas that everyone can get involved in! Activities for indoors and out - some are messy, some are not! What are you waiting for?!?!