40minutes cooking time
- 250g Butter
- 200g Dark Brown Sugar-if I don't have enough I will use a mixture of light brown and dark brown sugar.
- 8tbs Golden Syrup
- 500g Oats
- 40g sultans, raisins, cherries, chocolate drops (I don't always add anything - plain is just as yummy!)
- Melt Butter, sugar and golden syrup
- Add oats and mix together
- Add any extras - raisins, chocolate drops, cherries etc
- Pour into a greased tin
- Flatten roughly
- Place in over for around 30mins
- Remove from oven, cut into squares
- Leave to cool
Ria has 2 girls and previously worked in nurseries for over over 15 years and left managing a day nursery when her eldest was born. She now works for Raring2go! as our digital content and strategy manager
If you are interested in writing for Raring2go! or featuring on our site please email Ria.
We love these-store in a tupperware they last for ages (if they don't get eaten!!)
This is a great treat for bonfire night - fill your pockets and enjoy whilst wrapped up watching the fireworks!
Royal icing sets hard and is a great way to decorate biscuits.
A fool proof recipe that the whole family will love to eat!
hosting a Haunted House Party
Raise money for the British Heart Foundation whilst having a fang-tastic time! Entertain your guest by playing ghostly games and dancing to mysterious music. Why not wow your guests with these healthy and tasty spooky snacks? If you would like to do some freaky face paints then watch these step by step video tutorials. Fri 27th-31st Oct
Halloween is the perfect time of year to get creative in the kitchen and making food scarily fun! Whether you want to jazz up a slice of cheese on toast or go full out for a party with spooky drinks and disgusting nibbles we have some great Halloween recipes for you right here. The kids will love getting involved - or have a surprise goulish meal!!