Carrot Cake Cupcakes
22minutes cooking time
- 175g brown muscovado sugar
- 100g wholemeal self-raising flour
- 100g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- Zest 1 orange
- 2 eggs
- 150ml sunflower oil
- 200g carrots‚ grated
- Orange coloured sprinkles (to decorate)
- Spiced cream cheese
- 85g cream cheese, softened
- 75g butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 480g icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with cases.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the sugar, flours, bicarbonate of soda, mixed spice and orange zest.
- Whisk together the eggs and oil, then stir into the dry ingredients with the grated carrot.
- Divide the mixture between cases and bake for 20-22 mins until a skewer poked in comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack before icing.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and allspice together.
- Gradually mix in the icing sugar, vanilla and milk until the mixture is spreadable.
- Spread or pipe on your cakes.
Healthy snacks: Easy Cheesy Scones
These easy cheesy scones are fun to make with the kids and a great addition to any lunch box. Why not use up the leftover bits and pieces in your fridge and mix them with cream cheese to make a yummy filling to fill up hungry tummies?
So simple, and the kids LOVE it!
Try these tasty rainbow cookies with the children-loads of fun in making and eating!
Banana and Walnut Loaf
A great way of using up old bananas instead of throwing them away...
Most children love to help in the kitchen, whether it is preparing a whole meal or baking some tasty treats. We have lots of yummy recipes that the children can help with, and that the whole family can then enjoy eating. Click here to take a look at our recipe section for mealtime inspiration and cheeky goodies to try with the family this summer!!!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here