Carrot Cake Cupcakes
22minutes cooking time
- 175g brown muscovado sugar
- 100g wholemeal self-raising flour
- 100g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- Zest 1 orange
- 2 eggs
- 150ml sunflower oil
- 200g carrots‚ grated
- Orange coloured sprinkles (to decorate)
- Spiced cream cheese
- 85g cream cheese, softened
- 75g butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 480g icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with cases.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the sugar, flours, bicarbonate of soda, mixed spice and orange zest.
- Whisk together the eggs and oil, then stir into the dry ingredients with the grated carrot.
- Divide the mixture between cases and bake for 20-22 mins until a skewer poked in comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack before icing.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and allspice together.
- Gradually mix in the icing sugar, vanilla and milk until the mixture is spreadable.
- Spread or pipe on your cakes.
Rocky Road recipe
This recipe is very easy, and the results are scrumptious!
This is a great treat for bonfire night - fill your pockets and enjoy whilst wrapped up watching the fireworks!
Valentine's Day Chocolate Heart Cake
Chocolate perfection for Valentine’s Day this month.
Very Cheesy Nibbles
These are sooo easy to make, and simply delicious!
20% OFF PERSONALISED SCHOOL LABELS
School is about your kids losing themselves in learning; not about losing their supplies.
With Stuck On You, you can ensure nothing ever goes missing again—from clothes and shoes through to drink bottles and lunchboxes. For a limited time, take 20% off the entire range of Stuck On You labels!
Try the multi‑award winning online reading programme for ages 2–13. Designed by expert educators, it's the proven way to help your child learn to read and prepare for school while having fun.
Reading Eggs makes learning to read easy and fun for young kids — and it really works!