Torta Paradiso con Mascapone
25minutes cooking time
- 250g butter, just melted, for greasing
- 250g caster sugar
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 225g self-raising flour
- 25g cornflour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 300g mascarpone cheese
- 50g caster sugar
- vanilla extract
- 3â4 tbsp raspberry jam
- icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Line a 25cm shallow round cake tin with baking parchment and grease with a little butter.
- Using a balloon whisk, whip the melted butter into the sugar until light and fluffy, then slowly beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually sift the flour, cornflour and baking powder together over the mixture, carefully folding it in with the balloon whisk.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 20â25 minutes until golden and springy to the touch.
- Turn out and cool on a wire rack, then cut horizontally into two layers.
- Beat the mascarpone with the caster sugar and a few drops of vanilla extract until smooth.
- Spread the jam over the bottom cake layer, then cover with the mascarpone mixture.
- Top with the other cake layer, sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
A glass of Moscato or Malvasia di Pavia is the perfect complement.
Antonio Carluccio-The Godfather of Italian food moved to London in 1975 to open his own restaurant and chain of Carluccio's Caffes. One half of the successful Two Greedy Italians Antonio has written over 13 bestselling books.
Antonio has now joined Raring2go! to share some of his best recipes with you.
Panforte Di Siena
Antonio Carluccio shares a recipe for a Spiced Fruit and Nut Cake.
Pasta Imbottita con Vegetali al Forno
Try this delicious Rich Oven-baked Vegetable Pasta-perfect for even the smallest member of the family.
Spalla di angello con funghi
A mouthwatering dish of shoulder of lamb and mushrooms
hosting a Haunted House Party
Raise money for the British Heart Foundation whilst having a fang-tastic time! Entertain your guest by playing ghostly games and dancing to mysterious music. Why not wow your guests with these healthy and tasty spooky snacks? If you would like to do some freaky face paints then watch these step by step video tutorials. Fri 27th-31st Oct
Halloween is the perfect time of year to get creative in the kitchen and making food scarily fun! Whether you want to jazz up a slice of cheese on toast or go full out for a party with spooky drinks and disgusting nibbles we have some great Halloween recipes for you right here. The kids will love getting involved - or have a surprise goulish meal!!