Torta Paradiso con Mascapone
25minutes cooking time
- 250g butter, just melted, for greasing
- 250g caster sugar
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 225g self-raising flour
- 25g cornflour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 300g mascarpone cheese
- 50g caster sugar
- vanilla extract
- 3â4 tbsp raspberry jam
- icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Line a 25cm shallow round cake tin with baking parchment and grease with a little butter.
- Using a balloon whisk, whip the melted butter into the sugar until light and fluffy, then slowly beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually sift the flour, cornflour and baking powder together over the mixture, carefully folding it in with the balloon whisk.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 20â25 minutes until golden and springy to the touch.
- Turn out and cool on a wire rack, then cut horizontally into two layers.
- Beat the mascarpone with the caster sugar and a few drops of vanilla extract until smooth.
- Spread the jam over the bottom cake layer, then cover with the mascarpone mixture.
- Top with the other cake layer, sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
A glass of Moscato or Malvasia di Pavia is the perfect complement.
Antonio Carluccio-The Godfather of Italian food moved to London in 1975 to open his own restaurant and chain of Carluccio's Caffes. One half of the successful Two Greedy Italians Antonio has written over 13 bestselling books.
Antonio has now joined Raring2go! to share some of his best recipes with you.
Spalla di angello con funghi
A mouthwatering dish of shoulder of lamb and mushrooms
Panforte Di Siena
A delicious recipe for a Spiced Fruit and Nut Cake.
Pasta Imbottita con Vegetali al Forno
Try this delicious Rich Oven-baked Vegetable Pasta-perfect for even the smallest member of the family.
Delve into Durham
Delve into Durham's amazing history with a break in 2018 and see the past come to life at award winning attractions and events. Don't miss the Bodies of Evidence exhibition at Palace Green Library or visit the majestic Durham Cathedral. Take a tour of Medieval Raby Castle, or visit the magnificent Bowes Museum. You could even take a tram ride!
Pets at Home
Head down to your local Pets at Home store during the summer holidays for a fantastic My Pet Pals activity workshop! Our My Pet Pals workshops help to teach children how rewarding pets can be and how to care for them responsibly. There's a truly hands-on approach to pet care, as well as loads of goodies..and the best bit is, it's all FREE! Book now