Torta Paradiso con Mascapone
25minutes cooking time
- 250g butter, just melted, for greasing
- 250g caster sugar
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 225g self-raising flour
- 25g cornflour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 300g mascarpone cheese
- 50g caster sugar
- vanilla extract
- 3â4 tbsp raspberry jam
- icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Line a 25cm shallow round cake tin with baking parchment and grease with a little butter.
- Using a balloon whisk, whip the melted butter into the sugar until light and fluffy, then slowly beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually sift the flour, cornflour and baking powder together over the mixture, carefully folding it in with the balloon whisk.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 20â25 minutes until golden and springy to the touch.
- Turn out and cool on a wire rack, then cut horizontally into two layers.
- Beat the mascarpone with the caster sugar and a few drops of vanilla extract until smooth.
- Spread the jam over the bottom cake layer, then cover with the mascarpone mixture.
- Top with the other cake layer, sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
A glass of Moscato or Malvasia di Pavia is the perfect complement.
Antonio Carluccio-The Godfather of Italian food moved to London in 1975 to open his own restaurant and chain of Carluccio's Caffes. One half of the successful Two Greedy Italians Antonio has written over 13 bestselling books.
Antonio has now joined Raring2go! to share some of his best recipes with you.
Pasta Imbottita con Vegetali al Forno
Try this delicious Rich Oven-baked Vegetable Pasta-perfect for even the smallest member of the family.
Spalla di angello con funghi
A mouthwatering dish of shoulder of lamb and mushrooms
With Father's Day coming up this month we should celebrate the special 'Dad' figures in our lives...in our article we have given you a few ideas for days out and activities that you and your Dad can do together to have fun and build a great relationship - spoil him and make memories for you all as a family! Click here to find out more...
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!