Torta Paradiso con Mascapone
25minutes cooking time
- 250g butter, just melted, for greasing
- 250g caster sugar
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 225g self-raising flour
- 25g cornflour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 300g mascarpone cheese
- 50g caster sugar
- vanilla extract
- 3Ã¢-4 tbsp raspberry jam
- icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Line a 25cm shallow round cake tin with baking parchment and grease with a little butter.
- Using a balloon whisk, whip the melted butter into the sugar until light and fluffy, then slowly beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually sift the flour, cornflour and baking powder together over the mixture, carefully folding it in with the balloon whisk.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 20Ã¢-25 minutes until golden and springy to the touch.
- Turn out and cool on a wire rack, then cut horizontally into two layers.
- Beat the mascarpone with the caster sugar and a few drops of vanilla extract until smooth.
- Spread the jam over the bottom cake layer, then cover with the mascarpone mixture.
- Top with the other cake layer, sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
A glass of Moscato or Malvasia di Pavia is the perfect complement.
Antonio Carluccio-The Godfather of Italian food moved to London in 1975 to open his own restaurant and chain of Carluccio's Caffes. One half of the successful Two Greedy Italians Antonio has written over 13 bestselling books.
Antonio has now joined Raring2go! to share some of his best recipes with you.
Spalla di angello con funghi
A mouthwatering dish of shoulder of lamb and mushrooms
Panforte Di Siena
A delicious recipe for a Spiced Fruit and Nut Cake.
Pasta Imbottita con Vegetali al Forno
Try this delicious Rich Oven-baked Vegetable Pasta-perfect for even the smallest member of the family.
If you are looking for ideas to keep the children busy throughout the Christmas holidays, or the kids want some ideas and inspiration for cards and gifts them take a look at our Winter KidsZone. Jam packed full of fun ideas that everyone can get involved in! Activities for indoors and out - some are messy, some are not! What are you waiting for?!?!
We all know that the festive period is a time for giving, spending time as a family and for over indulging, and we are here to help! Our Christmas recipe section has lots of tasty treats to satisfy the sweet and savoury cravings of the whole family. Get busy in the kitchen with the kids and enjoy some delicious food together this Christmas.