Spalla di angello con funghi
1minutes cooking time
- 200g hen of the woods, cleaned weight
- 15g dried ceps
- 4 small shoulders of lamb, boned (get your butcher to do this for you)
- 1 tbsp each of chopped parsley and rosemary
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- salt and pepper
- plain flour, for dusting
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns
- 500ml chicken or vegetable stockÂ
- 300ml white wine
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Clean the fresh mushrooms thoroughly, and separate into small lobes.
- Soak the dried ceps in warm water for 20 minutes, then drain, reserving the water, and ï¬nely chop.
- Remove most of the fat from the lamb shoulders, trimming them well. You want each piece to weigh about 200g. Lay the pieces, boned side up, on the work surface.
- Mix the chopped herbs and garlic together, season with salt and pepper, and divide between the pieces of lamb, spreading the mixture evenly on the meat.
- Fold each piece of lamb over, then roll and tie into an even shape with kitchen string.
- Dust with flour and fry in a casserole dish in the olive oil until brown on all sides, turning every few minutes.
- Add the onion, celery and peppercorns to the casserole dish and sautÃ© briefly, then add the stock, wine and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cover and cook on top of the stove over a gentle heat for 1 hour. Turn occasionally.
- After an hour, much of the liquid will have evaporated, but there should still be enough to serve as a sauce.
- Add the mushrooms, fresh and dried, plus a little of the soaking water if necessary, and cook for a further 30 minutes. Check the seasoning before serving.
Antonio Carluccio-The Godfather of Italian food moved to London in 1975 to open his own restaurant and chain of Carluccio's Caffes. One half of the successful Two Greedy Italians Antonio has written over 13 bestselling books.
Antonio has now joined Raring2go! to share some of his best recipes with you.
Panforte Di Siena
Antonio Carluccio shares a recipe for a Spiced Fruit and Nut Cake.
Torta Paradiso con Mascapone
Who doesn't love cake?! Here is a delightful Italian sponge cake to treat the family to.
Pasta Imbottita con Vegetali al Forno
Try this delicious Rich Oven-baked Vegetable Pasta-perfect for even the smallest member of the family.
Now that we are in autumn everyone is looking for things to do with the kids to celebrate this lovely colourful season. Here we have some great ideas, and they don't all involve being cooped up indoors! Get out and enjoy the cooler, fresh air and the crunchy leaves under foot - you can always return home afterwards for a hot chocolate and a snuggle
Be safe this Bonfire Night
Be safe this Bonfire Night by making sure that you, pets and your family know and follow the very important Fireworks Code. Have fun if you are going to an event or having friends and family round at home. It includes safety rules for sparklers too! You will also be able to download our Fireworks Code poster to display if you are hosting an event.