Pasta Imbottita con Vegetali al Forno
100minutes cooking time
- 600g large rigatoni
- 600g melting cheese, like fontina, Bel Paese,
- Taleggio, cut into little chunks
- 200g Parmesan, grated
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 100ml olive oil
- 1.5kg polpa di pomodoro or chunky passata
- 10 basil leaves, shredded
- 2 aubergines, cut in 8mm thick slices lengthways
- 2 courgettes, cut in 8mm thick slices lengthways
- plain flour, for dusting
- 6 eggs
- olive oil, for shallow-frying
- 8 baby courgettes, trimmed
- 2 fennel bulbs, trimmed
- Make the tomato sauce first by frying the onions in the olive oil until soft, about 5-6 minutes. Add the tomato pulp and basil and cook gently for 20-30 minutes. Season with salt and set aside.
- For the filling, dust the aubergine and courgette slices with flour.
- Beat 4 of the eggs together, and dip the vegetable slices into this.
- Pour enough olive oil into a large frying pan to cover the base generously and heat gently.
- Shallow-fry the vegetable slices a few at a time until golden, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Set both vegetables and oil aside.
- Meanwhile, boil the courgettes and fennel in lightly salted water until al dente, about 6-7 minutes. Drain well and cut the fennel into slices.
- Now cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water until al dente, about 5-6 minutes.
- Drain and mix with a little of the sauce. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/Gas 6.
- In a baking tray or dish, then assemble all the ingredients. First put a layer of pasta on the base on which you distribute slices of aubergine and courgette, slices of fennel, and the whole baby courgettes. Sprinkle over some of the cheese chunks, some of the tomato sauce and some of the Parmesan. Build a few layers according to the size of the baking tray, and finish on top with tomato sauce, a few chunks of cheese and the remaining Parmesan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes in the preheated oven. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes before serving, cut in squares. Wonderful . . .
Antonio Carluccio-The Godfather of Italian food moved to London in 1975 to open his own restaurant and chain of Carluccio's Caffes. One half of the successful Two Greedy Italians Antonio has written over 13 bestselling books.
Antonio has now joined Raring2go! to share some of his best recipes with you.
Torta Paradiso con Mascapone
Who doesn't love cake?! Here is a delightful Italian sponge
Panforte Di Siena
A delicious recipe for a Spiced Fruit and Nut Cake.
Spalla di angello con funghi
A mouthwatering dish of shoulder of lamb and mushrooms
We build holidays around you. Not us. And with over 175 parcs in wonderful locations throughout Europe, we're sure we've got the perfect place for you.
Wherever your're headed, you'll find the possibilities are endless! So why not make the most of our flexible travel dates and find the perfect holiday for your family?
What's more, you can save £££!
Now that we are in winter everyone is looking for things to do with the kids to enjoy the festive season. Here we have some great ideas, and they don't all involve being cooped up indoors! Get out and enjoy the world around you - you can always return home afterwards for a hot chocolate and a snuggle!