Pasta Imbottita con Vegetali al Forno
100minutes cooking time
- 600g large rigatoni
- 600g melting cheese, like fontina, Bel Paese,
- Taleggio, cut into little chunks
- 200g Parmesan, grated
Ã Tomato sauce
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 100ml olive oil
- 1.5kg polpa di pomodoro or chunky passata
- 10 basil leaves, shredded
- 2 aubergines, cut in 8mm thick slices lengthways
- 2 courgettes, cut in 8mm thick slices lengthways
- plain flour, for dusting
- 6 eggs
- olive oil, for shallow-frying
- 8 baby courgettes, trimmed
- 2 fennel bulbs, trimmed
- Make the tomato sauce Ã¯¬rst by frying the onions in the olive oil until soft, about 5Ã¢-6 minutes. Add the tomato pulp and basil and cook gently for 20Ã¢-30 minutes. Season with salt and set aside.
- For the Ã¯¬lling, dust the aubergine and courgette slices with flour.
- Beat 4 of the eggs together, and dip the vegetable slices into this.
- Pour enough olive oil into a large frying pan to cover the base generously and heat gently.
- Shallow-fry the vegetable slices a few at a time until golden, about 3Ã¢-4 minutes on each side.
- Set both vegetables and oil aside.
- Meanwhile, boil the courgettes and fennel in lightly salted water until al dente, about 6Ã¢-7 minutes. Drain well and cut the fennel into slices.
- Now cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water until al dente, about 5Ã¢-6 minutes.
- Drain and mix with a little of the sauce. Preheat the oven to 200ÃºC/Gas 6.
- In a baking tray or dish, then assemble all the ingredients. First put a layer of pasta on the base on which you distribute slices of aubergine and courgette, slices of fennel, and the whole baby courgettes. Sprinkle over some of the cheese chunks, some of the tomato sauce and some of the Parmesan. Build a few layers according to the size of the baking tray, and Ã¯¬nish on top with tomato sauce, a few chunks of cheese and the remaining Parmesan.
- Bake for 30Ã¢-40 minutes in the preheated oven. Let it rest for 10Ã¢-15 minutes before serving, cut in squares. Wonderful . . .
Antonio Carluccio-The Godfather of Italian food moved to London in 1975 to open his own restaurant and chain of Carluccio's Caffes. One half of the successful Two Greedy Italians Antonio has written over 13 bestselling books.
Antonio has now joined Raring2go! to share some of his best recipes with you.
Torta Paradiso con Mascapone
Who doesn't love cake?! Here is a delightful Italian sponge cake to treat the family to.
Panforte Di Siena
A delicious recipe for a Spiced Fruit and Nut Cake.
Spalla di angello con funghi
A mouthwatering dish of shoulder of lamb and mushrooms
20% OFF PERSONALISED SCHOOL LABELS
School is about your kids losing themselves in learning; not about losing their supplies.
With Stuck On You, you can ensure nothing ever goes missing again—from clothes and shoes through to drink bottles and lunchboxes. For a limited time, take 20% off the entire range of Stuck On You labels!
Since 2001, Explore Learning have helped over 200,000 children to excel academically, reach their potential and achieve the best possible results.
Mapped to the school curriculum, we ensure children progress academically and develop socially, changing their attitude towards learning.