Pasta Imbottita con Vegetali al Forno
100minutes cooking time
- 600g large rigatoni
- 600g melting cheese, like fontina, Bel Paese,
- Taleggio, cut into little chunks
- 200g Parmesan, grated
Â Tomato sauce
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 100ml olive oil
- 1.5kg polpa di pomodoro or chunky passata
- 10 basil leaves, shredded
- 2 aubergines, cut in 8mm thick slices lengthways
- 2 courgettes, cut in 8mm thick slices lengthways
- plain flour, for dusting
- 6 eggs
- olive oil, for shallow-frying
- 8 baby courgettes, trimmed
- 2 fennel bulbs, trimmed
- Make the tomato sauce ï¬rst by frying the onions in the olive oil until soft, about 5â6 minutes. Add the tomato pulp and basil and cook gently for 20â30 minutes. Season with salt and set aside.
- For the ï¬lling, dust the aubergine and courgette slices with flour.
- Beat 4 of the eggs together, and dip the vegetable slices into this.
- Pour enough olive oil into a large frying pan to cover the base generously and heat gently.
- Shallow-fry the vegetable slices a few at a time until golden, about 3â4 minutes on each side.
- Set both vegetables and oil aside.
- Meanwhile, boil the courgettes and fennel in lightly salted water until al dente, about 6â7 minutes. Drain well and cut the fennel into slices.
- Now cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water until al dente, about 5â6 minutes.
- Drain and mix with a little of the sauce. Preheat the oven to 200ÂºC/Gas 6.
- In a baking tray or dish, then assemble all the ingredients. First put a layer of pasta on the base on which you distribute slices of aubergine and courgette, slices of fennel, and the whole baby courgettes. Sprinkle over some of the cheese chunks, some of the tomato sauce and some of the Parmesan. Build a few layers according to the size of the baking tray, and ï¬nish on top with tomato sauce, a few chunks of cheese and the remaining Parmesan.
- Bake for 30â40 minutes in the preheated oven. Let it rest for 10â15 minutes before serving, cut in squares. Wonderful . . .
Antonio Carluccio-The Godfather of Italian food moved to London in 1975 to open his own restaurant and chain of Carluccio's Caffes. One half of the successful Two Greedy Italians Antonio has written over 13 bestselling books.
Antonio has now joined Raring2go! to share some of his best recipes with you.
Panforte Di Siena
Antonio Carluccio shares a recipe for a Spiced Fruit and Nut Cake.
Spalla di angello con funghi
A mouthwatering dish of shoulder of lamb and mushrooms
Torta Paradiso con Mascapone
Who doesn't love cake?! Here is a delightful Italian sponge cake to treat the family to.
hosting a Haunted House Party
Raise money for the British Heart Foundation whilst having a fang-tastic time! Entertain your guest by playing ghostly games and dancing to mysterious music. Why not wow your guests with these healthy and tasty spooky snacks? If you would like to do some freaky face paints then watch these step by step video tutorials. Fri 27th-31st Oct
Halloween is the perfect time of year to get creative in the kitchen and making food scarily fun! Whether you want to jazz up a slice of cheese on toast or go full out for a party with spooky drinks and disgusting nibbles we have some great Halloween recipes for you right here. The kids will love getting involved - or have a surprise goulish meal!!