Yummy Salmon and Rice Salad
20minutes cooking time
- 300g/10oz salmon fillet
- Knob of butter
- 200g/7oz long grain rice
- 200g/7oz frozen garden peas
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- ½ cucumber, peeled, seeds removed and diced
- 1 small bunch spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp dill, chopped
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp runny honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- Put the salmon fillet onto a piece of foil on a baking sheet with a knob of butter.
- Seal the foil to look like a parcel, then bake for 15 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Alternatively, you could cut the salmon into chunks, put it into a saucepan, and poach in fish stock over a medium to low heat for about seven minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Cook the rice in boiling salted water and add the peas four minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Drain and refresh in cold water.
- Measure the remaining ingredients into a large bowl.
- Add the cooked rice and peas, then flake in the cold salmon and any juices from the foil.
- Season well, then cover and chill for half an hour before serving.
Mother of three Annabel Karmel continues to reign as the UK's No.1 children's cookery author, best-selling international author, and a leading expert on devising delicious, nutritious meals for babies, children and families.
Since launching with The Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner 25 years ago â a book which has become the 2nd best-selling non-fiction hardback of all time - Annabel has written 43 books selling over four million copies worldwide.
Coupled with a vast digital following, recipe apps, cookbook-inspired supermarket food ranges and menus in some of the world's top leisure resorts and hotels, Annabel has become a leading pillar for parents who want to give their growing family the very best start in life. Because of this she was awarded an MBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours for her outstanding work in the field of child nutrition in 2006.
Whilst remaining a regular media commentator on children's food issues, Annabel is recognised as one of the UK's leading female entrepreneurs, becoming an inspirational role model for other rising stars, business start-ups, women in business and parents returning to work.
Chicken with Summer Vegetables Recipe
Annabel's Classic Chicken with Summer Vegetables...
Cheesy Cottage Pie
Another delicious recipe from Annabel Karmel, perfect for the whole family!
The Easter break is a lovely opportunity to cook with your child. These are my favourite Ginger Cookies and they only take a few minutes to prepare.
Beefy Sausage Roll
Sausage rolls make great picnic and party finger foods as they are ready-wrapped in pastry. To add a slight twist I like to use beef, but minced pork would also be good.
Win with Raring2go!
Everyone likes to receive goodies in the post don't they?! With our regular competitions you are always in with a great chance of winning (as long as you enter of course!) Head on over to our competitions page and see what is on offer this month-you need to be a member, but that's free and easy to do! Go on, what are you waiting for?! Get winning!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here