Yummy Salmon and Rice Salad
20minutes cooking time
- 300g/10oz salmon fillet
- Knob of butter
- 200g/7oz long grain rice
- 200g/7oz frozen garden peas
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- ½ cucumber, peeled, seeds removed and diced
- 1 small bunch spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp dill, chopped
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp runny honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- Put the salmon fillet onto a piece of foil on a baking sheet with a knob of butter.
- Seal the foil to look like a parcel, then bake for 15 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Alternatively, you could cut the salmon into chunks, put it into a saucepan, and poach in fish stock over a medium to low heat for about seven minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Cook the rice in boiling salted water and add the peas four minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Drain and refresh in cold water.
- Measure the remaining ingredients into a large bowl.
- Add the cooked rice and peas, then flake in the cold salmon and any juices from the foil.
- Season well, then cover and chill for half an hour before serving.
Mother of three Annabel Karmel continues to reign as the UK's No.1 children's cookery author, best-selling international author, and a leading expert on devising delicious, nutritious meals for babies, children and families.
Since launching with The Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner 25 years ago â a book which has become the 2nd best-selling non-fiction hardback of all time - Annabel has written 43 books selling over four million copies worldwide.
Coupled with a vast digital following, recipe apps, cookbook-inspired supermarket food ranges and menus in some of the world's top leisure resorts and hotels, Annabel has become a leading pillar for parents who want to give their growing family the very best start in life. Because of this she was awarded an MBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours for her outstanding work in the field of child nutrition in 2006.
Whilst remaining a regular media commentator on children's food issues, Annabel is recognised as one of the UK's leading female entrepreneurs, becoming an inspirational role model for other rising stars, business start-ups, women in business and parents returning to work.
Chicken with Summer Vegetables Recipe
Annabel's Classic Chicken with Summer Vegetables...
Getting kids cooking in the kitchen is a great way of developing their skills and understanding of where different foods come from. And the festive season is the perfect time to cook-up some twinkling treats for everyone to enjoy.
Porridge with Apple, Pear and Apricot Baby Puree
This makes a nutritious breakfast. Make up portions of the fruit puree and freezes. Then you can thaw them overnight, ready to mix with your baby porridge in the morning. As your baby gets older you can simply stir in rather than puree.
Beefy Sausage Roll
Sausage rolls make great picnic and party finger foods as they are ready-wrapped in pastry. To add a slight twist I like to use beef, but minced pork would also be good.
20% OFF PERSONALISED SCHOOL LABELS
School is about your kids losing themselves in learning; not about losing their supplies.
With Stuck On You, you can ensure nothing ever goes missing again—from clothes and shoes through to drink bottles and lunchboxes. For a limited time, take 20% off the entire range of Stuck On You labels!
Since 2001, Explore Learning have helped over 200,000 children to excel academically, reach their potential and achieve the best possible results.
Mapped to the school curriculum, we ensure children progress academically and develop socially, changing their attitude towards learning.