Marshmallow Sheep Cupcakes
20minutes cooking time
- 110g butter at room temperature
- 110g caster sugar
- 110g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Quarter tsp salt
- 2 eggs (medium)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- large white marshmallows
- mini white marshmallows
- tube of black Writing Icing
- 200g (4 oz) butter, softened
- 450g (8 oz) icing sugar, sieved
- 2 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ 350F / Gas 4. Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Put the butter and sugar in a bowl; and beat until pale and fluffy.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into the bowl.
- Beat the eggs and vanilla and add to the bowl. Beat until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until risen, golden and firm to the touch.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Sieve the icing sugar.
- Beat the butter until creamy in an electric mixer, then gradually beat in the icing sugar.
- Finally beat in the tablespoon of water.
- Spread a layer of buttercream over the cupcakes using a palette knife and making a small mound of buttercream in the centre.
- Cut the mini marshmallows in half - arrange them in two circles around the edge of the cakes.
- Cut the large marshmallows in half. Place one half on top of the mound of buttercream for the face.
- Cut the other half of the marshmallow in half again and place on either side of the sheep's face for the ears - the marshmallow ears will stick naturally as the cut side of the marshmallow are very sticky. Arrange some halved mini marshmallows on the top and behind the sheeps's head.
- Draw eyes and noses on the sheep's face using the black Writing Icing.
Bake regular and mini party cupcakes and decorate these party cupcakes to make little marshmallow sheep
Annabel Karmel MBE
Mother of three Annabel Karmel continues to reign as the UK's No.1 children's cookery author, best-selling international author, and a leading expert on devising delicious, nutritious meals for babies, children and families.
Since launching with The Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner 25 years ago â a book which has become the 2nd best-selling non-fiction hardback of all time - Annabel has written 43 books selling over four million copies worldwide.
Coupled with a vast digital following, recipe apps, cookbook-inspired supermarket food ranges and menus in some of the world's top leisure resorts and hotels, Annabel has become a leading pillar for parents who want to give their growing family the very best start in life. Because of this she was awarded an MBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours for her outstanding work in the field of child nutrition in 2006.
Whilst remaining a regular media commentator on children's food issues, Annabel is recognised as one of the UK's leading female entrepreneurs, becoming an inspirational role model for other rising stars, business start-ups, women in business and parents returning to work.
'Eat Your Greens' Puree
A tasty new autumn baby puree from Annabel Karmel.
Beefy Sausage Roll
Sausage rolls make great picnic and party finger foods
Packed full of flavour and bursting with important nutrients
These little balls are a fantastic way to pack in veggies
We build holidays around you. Not us. And with over 175 parcs in wonderful locations throughout Europe, we're sure we've got the perfect place for you.
Wherever your're headed, you'll find the possibilities are endless! So why not make the most of our flexible travel dates and find the perfect holiday for your family?
What's more, you can save £££!
Now that we are in winter everyone is looking for things to do with the kids to enjoy the festive season. Here we have some great ideas, and they don't all involve being cooped up indoors! Get out and enjoy the world around you - you can always return home afterwards for a hot chocolate and a snuggle!