30minutes cooking time
- 100 g (31â2 oz) butter, softened
- 100 g (31â2 oz) caster sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 50 g (2 oz) plain flour
- finely grated zest and juice of 2 large lemons
- 300 ml (1â2 pint) milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Grease a 1.5 litre (21â2 pint) ovenproof dish.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg yolks, flour, lemon zest and juice and whisk again. Slowly add the milk to make a thick batter. It will look curdled at this stage.
3. Whisk the egg whites until stiff, then fold into the lemon batter. Pour into the prepared dish. Bake for 30 minutes, until well risen and lightly golden on top.
4. You could also make individual portions using ramekins.
Annabel Karmel MBE
Mother of three Annabel Karmel continues to reign as the UK's No.1 children’s cookery author, best-selling international author, and a leading expert on devising delicious, nutritious meals for babies, children and families.
Since launching with The Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner 25 years ago – a book which has become the 2nd best-selling non-fiction hardback of all time - Annabel has written 43 books selling over four million copies worldwide.
Coupled with a vast digital following, recipe apps, cookbook-inspired supermarket food ranges and menus in some of the world’s top leisure resorts and hotels, Annabel has become a leading pillar for parents who want to give their growing family the very best start in life. Because of this she was awarded an MBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours for her outstanding work in the field of child nutrition in 2006.
Whilst remaining a regular media commentator on children’s food issues, Annabel is recognised as one of the UK’s leading female entrepreneurs, becoming an inspirational role model for other rising stars, business start-ups, women in business and parents returning to work.
Baked Potato Mice
These baked potato mice are almost too gorgeous to eat! A great way to get fussy eaters interested in eating baked potatoes.
Yummy Salmon and Rice Salad
A lovely summery, fish dish perfect for picnics...
Beefy Sausage Roll
Sausage rolls make great picnic and party finger foods as they are ready-wrapped in pastry. To add a slight twist I like to use beef, but minced pork would also be good.
The Easter break is a lovely opportunity to cook with your child. These are my favourite Ginger Cookies and they only take a few minutes to prepare.
Advent Calendar Competition
This year we are bringing back our Advent Calendar Competition on our Facebook page! Each day from 1st - 24th December we will be running a task on the page and picking someone to win a prize bundle. With prizes from Our Little Globe, Stuck on You, Thermapen, Scentco UK, ToucanBox, HamaBeads, Orchard Toys, Pip Ahoy, Gotrovo and more, don't miss it!
If you are looking for ideas to keep the children busy throughout the Christmas holidays, or the kids want some ideas and inspiration for cards and gifts them take a look at our Winter KidsZone. Jam packed full of fun ideas that everyone can get involved in! Activities for indoors and out - some are messy, some are not! What are you waiting for?!?!