30minutes cooking time
- 100 g (31â2 oz) butter, softened
- 100 g (31â2 oz) caster sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 50 g (2 oz) plain flour
- finely grated zest and juice of 2 large lemons
- 300 ml (1â2 pint) milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Grease a 1.5 litre (21â2 pint) ovenproof dish.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg yolks, flour, lemon zest and juice and whisk again. Slowly add the milk to make a thick batter. It will look curdled at this stage.
3. Whisk the egg whites until stiff, then fold into the lemon batter. Pour into the prepared dish. Bake for 30 minutes, until well risen and lightly golden on top.
4. You could also make individual portions using ramekins.
Annabel Karmel MBE
Mother of three Annabel Karmel continues to reign as the UK's No.1 children’s cookery author, best-selling international author, and a leading expert on devising delicious, nutritious meals for babies, children and families.
Since launching with The Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner 25 years ago – a book which has become the 2nd best-selling non-fiction hardback of all time - Annabel has written 43 books selling over four million copies worldwide.
Coupled with a vast digital following, recipe apps, cookbook-inspired supermarket food ranges and menus in some of the world’s top leisure resorts and hotels, Annabel has become a leading pillar for parents who want to give their growing family the very best start in life. Because of this she was awarded an MBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours for her outstanding work in the field of child nutrition in 2006.
Whilst remaining a regular media commentator on children’s food issues, Annabel is recognised as one of the UK’s leading female entrepreneurs, becoming an inspirational role model for other rising stars, business start-ups, women in business and parents returning to work.
Yummy Salmon and Rice Salad
A lovely summery dish perfect for picnics.
Apple and Sultana Muffins
These deliciously moist muffins are very easy to make and will keep well for up to five days. They are good for breakfast and can be eaten on the way to school if your child is in a rush.
This delicious granola is very versatile. You can have it for breakfast with milk. This Christmas recipe is also very good on its own as a snack or layered with yoghurt, honey and fruit.
These little balls are a fantastic way to pack in veggies
Looking for ways to save money on those family days out? Want the best discounts on those cinema trips? How about getting “Kids Eat Free” at that family meal out? Or get the best deal when booking that UK summer break?
We have the answer!!!
Kids Pass is the UK’s No. 1 family discount pass used by parents.
Click here to join over 1 million members...
Become a member today!
Becoming a member of Raring2go! is quick and simple, and even better - it is FREE! For a couple of minutes of your time signing up you will be rewarded with a national and local newsletter monthly, as well as being eligible to take advantage of our members only discounts and competitions! What more do you need? Sign up today!