Chocolate Christmas Trees
25minutes cooking time
- 3 eggs
- 175g self-raising flour
- 150g caster sugar
- 25g cocoa powder
- 175g soft butter
- 50g plain chocolate melted
- 50g milk chocolate melted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Writing icing pens
- Candy canes
- Mini Smarties
- Preheat the oven. Line a square tin 24 x 24cm with parchment paper and grease.
- Measure all of the cake ingredients into a bowl and mix using an electric hand whisk until smooth.
- Spoon into the tin, and bake for 20-25 minutes until springy to the touch (a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake should come out clean). Leave to cool.
- Slice into 9 squares and then slice into triangles, then decorate with writing icing pens or piped icing and Mini Smarties. Push short lengths of candy canes into the base of the chocolate triangles to make the tree trunks.
Annabel Karmel MBE
A mother of three, Annabel Karmel is the UK's number 1 parenting author. She is an expert in devising tasty & nutritious meals for children without the need for parents to spend hours in the kitchen.
Annabel was awarded an MBE in June 2006 in the Queen's Birthday Honours for her outstanding work in the field of child nutrition and in 2009 Annabel won the Mother and Baby's Lifetime Achievement Award.
Chicken Caesar Salad
A tasty recipe to make lunch boxes more interesting for your little ones! The croutons and dressing for this salad can be made the night before. All you need to do in the morning is mix up the ingredients and toss with the dressing. You can even use ready made croutons.
Apple and Almond Cake
Delicious Apple and Almond Cake from Annabel Karmel
Yummy Salmon and Rice Salad
A lovely summery dish perfect for picnics.
Chicken with Summer Vegetables Recipe
Annabel's Chicken with Summer Vegetables
Go Ape Competition
Join the Adventure - Imagine going into school and telling your class you have just won them ALL a trip to Go Ape! What a great treat for 2017 that would be. We have teamed up with the lovely people over at award winning Go Ape to give 4 classes the chance of winning a class trip to a Go Ape venue. Live Life more adventuously - our challenge to you
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!