Chocolate Christmas Trees
25minutes cooking time
- 3 eggs
- 175g self-raising flour
- 150g caster sugar
- 25g cocoa powder
- 175g soft butter
- 50g plain chocolate melted
- 50g milk chocolate melted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Writing icing pens
- Candy canes
- Mini Smarties
- Preheat the oven. Line a square tin 24 x 24cm with parchment paper and grease.
- Measure all of the cake ingredients into a bowl and mix using an electric hand whisk until smooth.
- Spoon into the tin, and bake for 20-25 minutes until springy to the touch (a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake should come out clean). Leave to cool.
- Slice into 9 squares and then slice into triangles, then decorate with writing icing pens or piped icing and Mini Smarties. Push short lengths of candy canes into the base of the chocolate triangles to make the tree trunks.
Annabel Karmel MBE
Mother of three Annabel Karmel continues to reign as the UK's No.1 children’s cookery author, best-selling international author, and a leading expert on devising delicious, nutritious meals for babies, children and families.
Since launching with The Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner 25 years ago – a book which has become the 2nd best-selling non-fiction hardback of all time - Annabel has written 43 books selling over four million copies worldwide.
Coupled with a vast digital following, recipe apps, cookbook-inspired supermarket food ranges and menus in some of the world’s top leisure resorts and hotels, Annabel has become a leading pillar for parents who want to give their growing family the very best start in life. Because of this she was awarded an MBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours for her outstanding work in the field of child nutrition in 2006.
Whilst remaining a regular media commentator on children’s food issues, Annabel is recognised as one of the UK’s leading female entrepreneurs, becoming an inspirational role model for other rising stars, business start-ups, women in business and parents returning to work.
Chicken with Summer Vegetables Recipe
Annabel's Classic Chicken with Summer Vegetables...
Yummy Salmon and Rice Salad
A lovely summery, fish dish perfect for picnics...
The Easter break is a lovely opportunity to cook with your child. These are my favourite Ginger Cookies and they only take a few minutes to prepare.
Beefy Sausage Roll
Sausage rolls make great picnic and party finger foods as they are ready-wrapped in pastry. To add a slight twist I like to use beef, but minced pork would also be good.
Geronimo Festival is back for 2018 and is bigger and better than ever before with not one, but two events for you to enjoy! Book early for the best prices and then join us for tonnes of fun this Summer! We can't wait!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here