Chocolate Christmas Trees
25minutes cooking time
- 3 eggs
- 175g self-raising flour
- 150g caster sugar
- 25g cocoa powder
- 175g soft butter
- 50g plain chocolate melted
- 50g milk chocolate melted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Writing icing pens
- Candy canes
- Mini Smarties
- Preheat the oven. Line a square tin 24 x 24cm with parchment paper and grease.
- Measure all of the cake ingredients into a bowl and mix using an electric hand whisk until smooth.
- Spoon into the tin, and bake for 20-25 minutes until springy to the touch (a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake should come out clean). Leave to cool.
- Slice into 9 squares and then slice into triangles, then decorate with writing icing pens or piped icing and Mini Smarties. Push short lengths of candy canes into the base of the chocolate triangles to make the tree trunks.
Leading children’s cookery author and food expert Annabel Karmel shares some of her favourite Christmas creations with Raring2go!
Annabel Karmel MBE
Mother of three Annabel Karmel continues to reign as the UK's No.1 children's cookery author, best-selling international author, and a leading expert on devising delicious, nutritious meals for babies, children and families.
Since launching with The Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner 25 years ago â a book which has become the 2nd best-selling non-fiction hardback of all time - Annabel has written 43 books selling over four million copies worldwide.
Coupled with a vast digital following, recipe apps, cookbook-inspired supermarket food ranges and menus in some of the world's top leisure resorts and hotels, Annabel has become a leading pillar for parents who want to give their growing family the very best start in life. Because of this she was awarded an MBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours for her outstanding work in the field of child nutrition in 2006.
Whilst remaining a regular media commentator on children's food issues, Annabel is recognised as one of the UK's leading female entrepreneurs, becoming an inspirational role model for other rising stars, business start-ups, women in business and parents returning to work.
Let your party kids create their own jewelled cupcakes
Apple and Almond Cake
Delicious Apple and Almond Cake from Annabel Karmel
Very versatile..Great as a snack or for breakfast with milk.
A firm favourite, a great way to get kids to eat veggies
We build holidays around you. Not us. And with over 175 parcs in wonderful locations throughout Europe, we're sure we've got the perfect place for you.
Wherever your're headed, you'll find the possibilities are endless! So why not make the most of our flexible travel dates and find the perfect holiday for your family?
What's more, you can save £££!
Now that we are in winter everyone is looking for things to do with the kids to enjoy the festive season. Here we have some great ideas, and they don't all involve being cooped up indoors! Get out and enjoy the world around you - you can always return home afterwards for a hot chocolate and a snuggle!