Chicken with Summer Vegetables Recipe
22minutes cooking time
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 chicken breasts, skin removed
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 200g baby courgettes, sliced
- 250ml white wine
- 1 level tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 150ml double cream
- 30g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 50g spinach, roughly chopped
- 50g baby cherry tomatoes, halved
- Small bunch basil roughly chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat half the oil in a saucepan or frying pan.
- Season the chicken breasts, then brown for about one-and-a-half minutes until lightly golden and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil, then add the onion and courgettes and toss together.
- Add the white wine and bring up to the boil. Mix the flour with 2 tbsp of cold water, then add to the pan.
- Put the browned chicken breasts on top of the courgettes and onions, cover with a lid and gently simmer for about 15 minutes until just cooked, then remove the chicken from the pan.
- Add the double cream, parmesan and spinach and stir until the spinach has wilted.
- Season and add the cherry tomatoes.
- Carve the chicken breast into slices and arrange on a serving plate, then pour over the vegetable sauce and sprinkle with the chopped basil.
Antonio Carluccio-The Godfather of Italian food moved to London in 1975 to open his own restaurant and chain of Carluccio's Caffes. One half of the successful Two Greedy Italians Antonio has written over 13 bestselling books.
Antonio has now joined Raring2go! to share some of his best recipes with you.
Getting kids cooking in the kitchen is a great way of developing their skills and understanding of where different foods come from. And the festive season is the perfect time to cook-up some twinkling treats for everyone to enjoy.
Cranberry and White Chocolate Cookies
Instead of giving baked cookies as a gift for Christmas, why not give the recipe for one of your favourite cookies and then layer all the ingredients in a glass jar and tie a ribbon around it. All of the ingredients for these cookies are in the jar apart from the butter and they are very quick and easy to make.
Chicken Caesar Salad
A tasty recipe to make lunch boxes more interesting for your little ones! The croutons and dressing for this salad can be made the night before. All you need to do in the morning is mix up the ingredients and toss with the dressing. You can even use ready made croutons.
Almond Milk Porridge with Berries
The king of all breakfasts! A great start to the day...
Naughty but nice Puddings!
Check out our delicious puddings, my favourite is the limoncello trifle, not suitable for the kids, but there are some other scrummy recipes that the whole family can enjoy! Take a look in our pudding section for recipes to make summer BBQ's and eating alfresco all the more tasty! My girls LOVE the chocolate pizza - making it, but mostly eating it!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!