Chicken with Summer Vegetables Recipe
22minutes cooking time
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 chicken breasts, skin removed
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 200g baby courgettes, sliced
- 250ml white wine
- 1 level tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 150ml double cream
- 30g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 50g spinach, roughly chopped
- 50g baby cherry tomatoes, halved
- Small bunch basil roughly chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat half the oil in a saucepan or frying pan.
- Season the chicken breasts, then brown for about one-and-a-half minutes until lightly golden and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil, then add the onion and courgettes and toss together.
- Add the white wine and bring up to the boil. Mix the flour with 2 tbsp of cold water, then add to the pan.
- Put the browned chicken breasts on top of the courgettes and onions, cover with a lid and gently simmer for about 15 minutes until just cooked, then remove the chicken from the pan.
- Add the double cream, parmesan and spinach and stir until the spinach has wilted.
- Season and add the cherry tomatoes.
- Carve the chicken breast into slices and arrange on a serving plate, then pour over the vegetable sauce and sprinkle with the chopped basil.
Antonio Carluccio-The Godfather of Italian food moved to London in 1975 to open his own restaurant and chain of Carluccio's Caffes. One half of the successful Two Greedy Italians Antonio has written over 13 bestselling books.
Antonio has now joined Raring2go! to share some of his best recipes with you.
Beefy Sausage Roll
Sausage rolls make great picnic and party finger foods as they are ready-wrapped in pastry. To add a slight twist I like to use beef, but minced pork would also be good.
This delicious granola is very versatile. You can have it for breakfast with milk. This Christmas recipe is also very good on its own as a snack or layered with yoghurt, honey and fruit.
Oat and Raisin Cookies
These make a tasty and nutritious snack any time of the day
Chocolate Christmas Trees
Leading children’s cookery author and food expert Annabel Karmel shares some of her favourite Christmas creations with Raring2go! – do dig out those aprons and cook up some festive spirit in your kitchen.
20% OFF PERSONALISED SCHOOL LABELS
School is about your kids losing themselves in learning; not about losing their supplies.
With Stuck On You, you can ensure nothing ever goes missing again—from clothes and shoes through to drink bottles and lunchboxes. For a limited time, take 20% off the entire range of Stuck On You labels!
Why seize the summer?
Explore Learning believe progress shouldn’t stop at the end of term, and research shows it shouldn’t either.
71% of parents think their children’s abilities drop by the time the new school year starts. We’ve developed a jam-packed summer programme of workshops to give your child the best start to the new school year. Save £50 this summer–why wait?