Chicken Caesar Salad
5minutes cooking time
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 slice thick white bread (crusts trimmed), chopped into small cubes
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ small clove garlic, crushed
- 1/8 tsp Dijon mustard
- Few drops of Worcestershire sauce
- Few drops of Tabasco
- 125g diced cooked chicken
- ½ head romaine lettuce, sliced or torn into pieces
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick frying pan and add the cubes of bread.
- Fry, turning occasionally, until golden brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- In a bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients. Ã‚
- Mix together the chicken and lettuce and toss with mot of the dressing.
- Pack the grated parmesan and the croutons in a separate plastic container for your child to scatter over the salad at lunchtime.
The croutons and dressing for this salad can be made the night before. All you need to do in the morning is mix up the ingredients and toss with the dressing. You can even use ready made croutons.
Annabel Karmel MBE
Mother of three Annabel Karmel continues to reign as the UK's No.1 children's cookery author, best-selling international author, and a leading expert on devising delicious, nutritious meals for babies, children and families.
Since launching with The Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner 25 years ago â a book which has become the 2nd best-selling non-fiction hardback of all time - Annabel has written 43 books selling over four million copies worldwide.
Coupled with a vast digital following, recipe apps, cookbook-inspired supermarket food ranges and menus in some of the world's top leisure resorts and hotels, Annabel has become a leading pillar for parents who want to give their growing family the very best start in life. Because of this she was awarded an MBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours for her outstanding work in the field of child nutrition in 2006.
Whilst remaining a regular media commentator on children's food issues, Annabel is recognised as one of the UK's leading female entrepreneurs, becoming an inspirational role model for other rising stars, business start-ups, women in business and parents returning to work.
These little balls are a fantastic way to pack in veggies
Cod with Salsa
Step into Spring with this lovely fresh tasting recipe
A tasty dish great for picnics, lunches or part of a meal
Lovely Lentils Baby Puree
A new autumn inspired baby puree from Annabel Karmel
We build holidays around you. Not us. And with over 175 parcs in wonderful locations throughout Europe, we're sure we've got the perfect place for you.
Wherever your're headed, you'll find the possibilities are endless! So why not make the most of our flexible travel dates and find the perfect holiday for your family?
What's more, you can save £££!
Now that we are in autumn everyone is looking for things to do with the kids to celebrate this lovely colourful season. Here we have some great ideas, and they don't all involve being cooped up indoors! Get out and enjoy the cooler, fresh air and the crunchy leaves under foot - you can always return home afterwards for a hot chocolate and a snuggle