Chicken Caesar Salad
5minutes cooking time
For the Croutons
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 slice thick white bread (crusts trimmed), chopped into small cubes
For the Dressing
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ small clove garlic, crushed
- 1/8 tsp Dijon mustard
- Few drops of Worcestershire sauce
- Few drops of Tabasco
- 125g diced cooked chicken
- ½ head romaine lettuce, sliced or torn into pieces
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick frying pan and add the cubes of bread.
- Fry, turning occasionally, until golden brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- In a bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients. Â
- Mix together the chicken and lettuce and toss with mot of the dressing.
- Pack the grated parmesan and the croutons in a separate plastic container for your child to scatter over the salad at lunchtime.
Annabel Karmel MBE
Mother of three Annabel Karmel continues to reign as the UK's No.1 children’s cookery author, best-selling international author, and a leading expert on devising delicious, nutritious meals for babies, children and families.
Since launching with The Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner 25 years ago – a book which has become the 2nd best-selling non-fiction hardback of all time - Annabel has written 43 books selling over four million copies worldwide.
Coupled with a vast digital following, recipe apps, cookbook-inspired supermarket food ranges and menus in some of the world’s top leisure resorts and hotels, Annabel has become a leading pillar for parents who want to give their growing family the very best start in life. Because of this she was awarded an MBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours for her outstanding work in the field of child nutrition in 2006.
Whilst remaining a regular media commentator on children’s food issues, Annabel is recognised as one of the UK’s leading female entrepreneurs, becoming an inspirational role model for other rising stars, business start-ups, women in business and parents returning to work.
Cheesy Cottage Pie
Another delicious recipe from Annabel Karmel, perfect for the whole family!
Beefy Sausage Roll
Sausage rolls make great picnic and party finger foods as they are ready-wrapped in pastry. To add a slight twist I like to use beef, but minced pork would also be good.
Annabel’s tasty ingredient combinations are packed full of flavour and bursting with those all-important nutrients to put a spring in your family’s step.
The Easter break is a lovely opportunity to cook with your child. These are my favourite Ginger Cookies and they only take a few minutes to prepare.
Geronimo Festival is back for 2018 and is bigger and better than ever before with not one, but two events for you to enjoy! Book early for the best prices and then join us for tonnes of fun this Summer! We can't wait!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here