Chicken Caesar Salad
5minutes cooking time
For the Croutons
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 slice thick white bread (crusts trimmed), chopped into small cubes
For the Dressing
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ small clove garlic, crushed
- 1/8 tsp Dijon mustard
- Few drops of Worcestershire sauce
- Few drops of Tabasco
- 125g diced cooked chicken
- ½ head romaine lettuce, sliced or torn into pieces
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick frying pan and add the cubes of bread.
- Fry, turning occasionally, until golden brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- In a bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients. Â
- Mix together the chicken and lettuce and toss with mot of the dressing.
- Pack the grated parmesan and the croutons in a separate plastic container for your child to scatter over the salad at lunchtime.
Annabel Karmel MBE
Mother of three Annabel Karmel continues to reign as the UK's No.1 children’s cookery author, best-selling international author, and a leading expert on devising delicious, nutritious meals for babies, children and families.
Since launching with The Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner 25 years ago – a book which has become the 2nd best-selling non-fiction hardback of all time - Annabel has written 43 books selling over four million copies worldwide.
Coupled with a vast digital following, recipe apps, cookbook-inspired supermarket food ranges and menus in some of the world’s top leisure resorts and hotels, Annabel has become a leading pillar for parents who want to give their growing family the very best start in life. Because of this she was awarded an MBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours for her outstanding work in the field of child nutrition in 2006.
Whilst remaining a regular media commentator on children’s food issues, Annabel is recognised as one of the UK’s leading female entrepreneurs, becoming an inspirational role model for other rising stars, business start-ups, women in business and parents returning to work.
Getting kids cooking in the kitchen is a great way of developing their skills and understanding of where different foods come from. And the festive season is the perfect time to cook-up some twinkling treats for everyone to enjoy.
Cod with Salsa
Step into Spring with this lovely fresh tasting recipe
This is a very quick and tasty dish great for picnic, lunchboxes or part of a main meal
Oat and Raisin Cookies
These make a tasty and nutritious snack any time of the day
Looking for ways to save money on those family days out? Want the best discounts on those cinema trips? How about getting “Kids Eat Free” at that family meal out? Or get the best deal when booking that UK summer break?
We have the answer!!!
Kids Pass is the UK’s No. 1 family discount pass used by parents.
Click here to join over 1 million members...
Become a member today!
Becoming a member of Raring2go! is quick and simple, and even better - it is FREE! For a couple of minutes of your time signing up you will be rewarded with a national and local newsletter monthly, as well as being eligible to take advantage of our members only discounts and competitions! What more do you need? Sign up today!