Chicken Caesar Salad
5minutes cooking time
For the Croutons
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 slice thick white bread (crusts trimmed), chopped into small cubes
For the Dressing
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ small clove garlic, crushed
- 1/8 tsp Dijon mustard
- Few drops of Worcestershire sauce
- Few drops of Tabasco
- 125g diced cooked chicken
- ½ head romaine lettuce, sliced or torn into pieces
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick frying pan and add the cubes of bread.
- Fry, turning occasionally, until golden brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- In a bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients. Â
- Mix together the chicken and lettuce and toss with mot of the dressing.
- Pack the grated parmesan and the croutons in a separate plastic container for your child to scatter over the salad at lunchtime.
Annabel Karmel MBE
Mother of three Annabel Karmel continues to reign as the UK's No.1 children’s cookery author, best-selling international author, and a leading expert on devising delicious, nutritious meals for babies, children and families.
Since launching with The Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner 25 years ago – a book which has become the 2nd best-selling non-fiction hardback of all time - Annabel has written 43 books selling over four million copies worldwide.
Coupled with a vast digital following, recipe apps, cookbook-inspired supermarket food ranges and menus in some of the world’s top leisure resorts and hotels, Annabel has become a leading pillar for parents who want to give their growing family the very best start in life. Because of this she was awarded an MBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours for her outstanding work in the field of child nutrition in 2006.
Whilst remaining a regular media commentator on children’s food issues, Annabel is recognised as one of the UK’s leading female entrepreneurs, becoming an inspirational role model for other rising stars, business start-ups, women in business and parents returning to work.
Let your party girls create their own jewelled cupcakes, topped with a swirl of icing and a variety of ‘gems’. You could use ready-made buttercream instead of the Cream Cheese Icing, if you prefer.
Chicken with Summer Vegetables Recipe
Annabel's Classic Chicken with Summer Vegetables...
'Eat Your Greens' Puree
A new autumn baby puree from Annabel Karmel
Getting kids cooking in the kitchen is a great way of developing their skills and understanding of where different foods come from. And the festive season is the perfect time to cook-up some twinkling treats for everyone to enjoy.
Advent Calendar Competition
This year we are bringing back our Advent Calendar Competition on our Facebook page! Each day from 1st - 24th December we will be running a task on the page and picking someone to win a prize bundle. With prizes from Our Little Globe, Stuck on You, Thermapen, Scentco UK, ToucanBox, HamaBeads, Orchard Toys, Pip Ahoy, Gotrovo and more, don't miss it!
If you are looking for ideas to keep the children busy throughout the Christmas holidays, or the kids want some ideas and inspiration for cards and gifts them take a look at our Winter KidsZone. Jam packed full of fun ideas that everyone can get involved in! Activities for indoors and out - some are messy, some are not! What are you waiting for?!?!