Cheesy Cottage Pie
50minutes cooking time
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small stick celery, diced
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 200g minced beef
- 2 tbsp flour
- 350 ml beef stock
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 500g King Edward potatoes, peeled and diced or use 350g potatoes and 150g carrot
- A knob of butter
- 3 tbsp milk
- 50g Cheddar cheese, grated
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 C Fan.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the onion, celery and carrot and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the beef and brown over the heat.
- Add the flour, then blend in the stock, Worcestershire sauce and tomato puree and thyme.
- Cover with a lid, then simmer for 35 minutes. Season to taste.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water until tender.
- Drain, mash and add the milk, butter and Cheddar cheese.
- You can add seasoning to the meat and potato for babies over one.
- Divide the beef mixture between four ramekins. Top with the mash.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.. Ã‚
Annabel Karmel MBE
Mother of three Annabel Karmel continues to reign as the UK's No.1 children's cookery author, best-selling international author, and a leading expert on devising delicious, nutritious meals for babies, children and families.
Since launching with The Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner 25 years ago â a book which has become the 2nd best-selling non-fiction hardback of all time - Annabel has written 43 books selling over four million copies worldwide.
Coupled with a vast digital following, recipe apps, cookbook-inspired supermarket food ranges and menus in some of the world's top leisure resorts and hotels, Annabel has become a leading pillar for parents who want to give their growing family the very best start in life. Because of this she was awarded an MBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours for her outstanding work in the field of child nutrition in 2006.
Whilst remaining a regular media commentator on children's food issues, Annabel is recognised as one of the UK's leading female entrepreneurs, becoming an inspirational role model for other rising stars, business start-ups, women in business and parents returning to work.
Baked Potato Mice
Baked potato mice are almost too gorgeous to eat...
A tasty dish great for picnics, lunches or part of a meal
The Easter break is a lovely opportunity to cook with your child. These are my favourite Ginger Cookies and they only take a few minutes to prepare.
Let your party kids create their own jewelled cupcakes
We build holidays around you. Not us. And with over 175 parcs in wonderful locations throughout Europe, we're sure we've got the perfect place for you.
Wherever your headed, you'll find the possibilities are endless! So why not make the most of our flexible travel dates and find the perfect holiday for your family?
What's more, you can save £££!
Now that we are in autumn everyone is looking for things to do with the kids to celebrate this lovely colourful season. Here we have some great ideas, and they don't all involve being cooped up indoors! Get out and enjoy the cooler, fresh air and the crunchy leaves under foot - you can always return home afterwards for a hot chocolate and a snuggle