Cheesy Cottage Pie
50minutes cooking time
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small stick celery, diced
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 200g minced beef
- 2 tbsp flour
- 350 ml beef stock
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 500g King Edward potatoes, peeled and diced or use 350g potatoes and 150g carrot
- A knob of butter
- 3 tbsp milk
- 50g Cheddar cheese, grated
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 C Fan.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the onion, celery and carrot and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the beef and brown over the heat.
- Add the flour, then blend in the stock, Worcestershire sauce and tomato puree and thyme.
- Cover with a lid, then simmer for 35 minutes. Season to taste.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water until tender.
- Drain, mash and add the milk, butter and Cheddar cheese.
- You can add seasoning to the meat and potato for babies over one.
- Divide the beef mixture between four ramekins. Top with the mash.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.. Â
Annabel Karmel MBE
Mother of three Annabel Karmel continues to reign as the UK's No.1 children’s cookery author, best-selling international author, and a leading expert on devising delicious, nutritious meals for babies, children and families.
Since launching with The Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner 25 years ago – a book which has become the 2nd best-selling non-fiction hardback of all time - Annabel has written 43 books selling over four million copies worldwide.
Coupled with a vast digital following, recipe apps, cookbook-inspired supermarket food ranges and menus in some of the world’s top leisure resorts and hotels, Annabel has become a leading pillar for parents who want to give their growing family the very best start in life. Because of this she was awarded an MBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours for her outstanding work in the field of child nutrition in 2006.
Whilst remaining a regular media commentator on children’s food issues, Annabel is recognised as one of the UK’s leading female entrepreneurs, becoming an inspirational role model for other rising stars, business start-ups, women in business and parents returning to work.
Getting kids cooking in the kitchen is a great way of developing their skills and understanding of where different foods come from. And the festive season is the perfect time to cook-up some twinkling treats for everyone to enjoy.
Chicken with Summer Vegetables Recipe
Annabel's Classic Chicken with Summer Vegetables...
Apple and Sultana Muffins
These deliciously moist muffins are very easy to make and will keep well for up to five days. They are good for breakfast and can be eaten on the way to school if your child is in a rush.
Annabel’s tasty ingredient combinations are packed full of flavour and bursting with those all-important nutrients to put a spring in your family’s step.
Looking for ways to save money on those family days out? Want the best discounts on those cinema trips? How about getting “Kids Eat Free” at that family meal out? Or get the best deal when booking that UK summer break?
We have the answer!!!
Kids Pass is the UK’s No. 1 family discount pass used by parents.
Click here to join over 1 million members...
Become a member today!
Becoming a member of Raring2go! is quick and simple, and even better - it is FREE! For a couple of minutes of your time signing up you will be rewarded with a national and local newsletter monthly, as well as being eligible to take advantage of our members only discounts and competitions! What more do you need? Sign up today!