Cheesy Cottage Pie
50minutes cooking time
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small stick celery, diced
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 200g minced beef
- 2 tbsp flour
- 350 ml beef stock
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 500g King Edward potatoes, peeled and diced or use 350g potatoes and 150g carrot
- A knob of butter
- 3 tbsp milk
- 50g Cheddar cheese, grated
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 C Fan.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the onion, celery and carrot and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the beef and brown over the heat.
- Add the flour, then blend in the stock, Worcestershire sauce and tomato puree and thyme.
- Cover with a lid, then simmer for 35 minutes. Season to taste.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water until tender.
- Drain, mash and add the milk, butter and Cheddar cheese.
- You can add seasoning to the meat and potato for babies over one.
- Divide the beef mixture between four ramekins. Top with the mash.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.. Ã
Annabel Karmel MBE
Mother of three Annabel Karmel continues to reign as the UK's No.1 children's cookery author, best-selling international author, and a leading expert on devising delicious, nutritious meals for babies, children and families.
Since launching with The Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner 25 years ago â a book which has become the 2nd best-selling non-fiction hardback of all time - Annabel has written 43 books selling over four million copies worldwide.
Coupled with a vast digital following, recipe apps, cookbook-inspired supermarket food ranges and menus in some of the world's top leisure resorts and hotels, Annabel has become a leading pillar for parents who want to give their growing family the very best start in life. Because of this she was awarded an MBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours for her outstanding work in the field of child nutrition in 2006.
Whilst remaining a regular media commentator on children's food issues, Annabel is recognised as one of the UK's leading female entrepreneurs, becoming an inspirational role model for other rising stars, business start-ups, women in business and parents returning to work.
The Easter break is a lovely opportunity to cook with your child. These are my favourite Ginger Cookies and they only take a few minutes to prepare.
Chicken with Summer Vegetables Recipe
Annabel's Classic Chicken with Summer Vegetables...
Oat and Raisin Cookies
These make a tasty and nutritious snack any time of the day
Annabel’s tasty ingredient combinations are packed full of flavour and bursting with those all-important nutrients to put a spring in your family’s step.
If you are looking for ideas to keep the children busy throughout the Christmas holidays, or the kids want some ideas and inspiration for cards and gifts them take a look at our Winter KidsZone. Jam packed full of fun ideas that everyone can get involved in! Activities for indoors and out - some are messy, some are not! What are you waiting for?!?!
We all know that the festive period is a time for giving, spending time as a family and for over indulging, and we are here to help! Our Christmas recipe section has lots of tasty treats to satisfy the sweet and savoury cravings of the whole family. Get busy in the kitchen with the kids and enjoy some delicious food together this Christmas.