Beefy Sausage Roll
23minutes cooking time
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- ½ small red onion, choppedÂ
- ¼ tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 slice bread, crusts removed
- 110 g (4 oz) minced beef
- 1 ½ Â tbsp tomato chutneyÂ
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 225 g (8 oz) shortcrust pastryÂ
- 1 egg, beaten with a pinch of salt
- salt and pepper, to seasonÂ
- Put the oil in a small frying pan, add the onion and sautÃ© for 5 minutes, until soft.
- Stir in the thyme and set aside.
- Put the bread in a food processor and whiz to crumbs.
- Add the onion, beef, chutney and Parmesan plus salt and pepper, and whiz again to combine.
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Roll out the pastry into two rectangles 12 cm x 18 cm (5 in x 7 in) and about 2 mm (1/16 in) thick.
- Halve the meat mixture and roll into two sausages each 18 cm (7 in) long.
- Put one in the centre of each piece of pastry and brush the edges of the pastry with egg.
- Fold the edges over to enclose the meat.
- Â Cut each roll into four with a sharp knife (wipe knife between each cut) and put the rolls on to a baking sheet, seam side down.
- Brush the rolls with egg and cut two small slits in the top of each roll.
- Bake the rolls for 16â18 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown.
- Use a fish slice or palette knife to transfer the rolls to a cooling rack.
- Most delicious when served warm, but can be served cold.
The rolls will keep in the fridge for up to 2 days. Can be reheated gently in an oven pre-heated to 100ÂºC /215ÂºF /Gas 1/4/Fan 80ÂºC for 8â10 minutes.
Annabel Karmel MBE
Mother of three Annabel Karmel continues to reign as the UK's No.1 children’s cookery author, best-selling international author, and a leading expert on devising delicious, nutritious meals for babies, children and families.
Since launching with The Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner 25 years ago – a book which has become the 2nd best-selling non-fiction hardback of all time - Annabel has written 43 books selling over four million copies worldwide.
Coupled with a vast digital following, recipe apps, cookbook-inspired supermarket food ranges and menus in some of the world’s top leisure resorts and hotels, Annabel has become a leading pillar for parents who want to give their growing family the very best start in life. Because of this she was awarded an MBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours for her outstanding work in the field of child nutrition in 2006.
Whilst remaining a regular media commentator on children’s food issues, Annabel is recognised as one of the UK’s leading female entrepreneurs, becoming an inspirational role model for other rising stars, business start-ups, women in business and parents returning to work.
Cranberry and White Chocolate Cookies
Instead of giving baked cookies as a gift for Christmas, why not give the recipe for one of your favourite cookies and then layer all the ingredients in a glass jar and tie a ribbon around it. All of the ingredients for these cookies are in the jar apart from the butter and they are very quick and easy to make.
These little balls are a fantastic way to pack in veggies
The Easter break is a lovely opportunity to cook with your child. These are my favourite Ginger Cookies and they only take a few minutes to prepare.
Almond Milk Porridge with Berries
The king of all breakfasts! A great start to the day...
Looking for ways to save money on those family days out? Want the best discounts on those cinema trips? How about getting “Kids Eat Free” at that family meal out? Or get the best deal when booking that UK summer break?
We have the answer!!!
Kids Pass is the UK’s No. 1 family discount pass used by parents.
Click here to join over 1 million members...
Become a member today!
Becoming a member of Raring2go! is quick and simple, and even better - it is FREE! For a couple of minutes of your time signing up you will be rewarded with a national and local newsletter monthly, as well as being eligible to take advantage of our members only discounts and competitions! What more do you need? Sign up today!