Baked Potato Mice
80minutes cooking time
â¢ 4 medium baking potatoes (approx 225g each)
â¢ 1 tbsp vegetable oil
â¢ 30 g butter
â¢ 5 tbsp milk
â¢ 60g grated Cheddar cheese
â¢ Salt and pepper, to season
â¢ 4 small Cherry tomatoes
â¢ 4 Radishes
â¢ Spring onions
1. Wash the potatoes and pat dry. Prick them all over with a fork and put on a baking tray. Brush them over with the oil.
2. Bake the potatoes in an oven preheated to 200°C/400°F oven for about an hour until they are soft.
3. Once potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut the tops off and carefully scoop out the soft potato centres.
4. Mash the soft centres with the butter, milk, three quaters of the cheese, salt and pepper. Then pop the mixture back into the potato jackets.
5. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on the potatoes and cook under the grill for a few minutes until golden.
6. Make a nose and whiskers with half a tomato held in place with a cocktail stick and chives tucked behind.
7. Finish decorating with raisin eyes, radish ears and spring onion tails.
Annabel Karmel MBE
Mother of three Annabel Karmel continues to reign as the UK's No.1 children’s cookery author, best-selling international author, and a leading expert on devising delicious, nutritious meals for babies, children and families.
Since launching with The Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner 25 years ago – a book which has become the 2nd best-selling non-fiction hardback of all time - Annabel has written 43 books selling over four million copies worldwide.
Coupled with a vast digital following, recipe apps, cookbook-inspired supermarket food ranges and menus in some of the world’s top leisure resorts and hotels, Annabel has become a leading pillar for parents who want to give their growing family the very best start in life. Because of this she was awarded an MBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours for her outstanding work in the field of child nutrition in 2006.
Whilst remaining a regular media commentator on children’s food issues, Annabel is recognised as one of the UK’s leading female entrepreneurs, becoming an inspirational role model for other rising stars, business start-ups, women in business and parents returning to work.
'Eat Your Greens' Puree
A new autumn baby puree from Annabel Karmel
Lovely Lentils Baby Puree
A new autumn inspired baby puree from Annabel Karmel
Annabel’s tasty ingredient combinations are packed full of flavour and bursting with those all-important nutrients to put a spring in your family’s step.
A firm favourite, a great way to get kids to eat veggies
Halloween is the perfect time of year to get creative in the kitchen and making food scarily fun! Whether you want to jazz up a slice of cheese on toast or go full out for a party with spooky drinks and disgusting nibbles we have some great Halloween recipes for you right here. The kids will love getting involved - or have a surprise goulish meal!!
Be safe this Bonfire Night
Be safe this Bonfire Night by making sure that you, pets and your family know and follow the very important Fireworks Code. Have fun if you are going to an event or having friends and family round at home. It includes safety rules for sparklers too! You will also be able to download our Fireworks Code poster to display if you are hosting an event.