Baked Potato Mice
80minutes cooking time
Ã¢¢ 4 medium baking potatoes (approx 225g each)
Ã¢¢ 1 tbsp vegetable oil
Ã¢¢ 30 g butter
Ã¢¢ 5 tbsp milk
Ã¢¢ 60g grated Cheddar cheese
Ã¢¢ Salt and pepper, to season
Ã¢¢ 4 small Cherry tomatoes
Ã¢¢ 4 Radishes
Ã¢¢ Spring onions
1. Wash the potatoes and pat dry. Prick them all over with a fork and put on a baking tray. Brush them over with the oil.
2. Bake the potatoes in an oven preheated to 200°C/400°F oven for about an hour until they are soft.
3. Once potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut the tops off and carefully scoop out the soft potato centres.
4. Mash the soft centres with the butter, milk, three quaters of the cheese, salt and pepper. Then pop the mixture back into the potato jackets.
5. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on the potatoes and cook under the grill for a few minutes until golden.
6. Make a nose and whiskers with half a tomato held in place with a cocktail stick and chives tucked behind.
7. Finish decorating with raisin eyes, radish ears and spring onion tails.
Annabel Karmel MBE
Mother of three Annabel Karmel continues to reign as the UK's No.1 children's cookery author, best-selling international author, and a leading expert on devising delicious, nutritious meals for babies, children and families.
Since launching with The Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner 25 years ago â a book which has become the 2nd best-selling non-fiction hardback of all time - Annabel has written 43 books selling over four million copies worldwide.
Coupled with a vast digital following, recipe apps, cookbook-inspired supermarket food ranges and menus in some of the world's top leisure resorts and hotels, Annabel has become a leading pillar for parents who want to give their growing family the very best start in life. Because of this she was awarded an MBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours for her outstanding work in the field of child nutrition in 2006.
Whilst remaining a regular media commentator on children's food issues, Annabel is recognised as one of the UK's leading female entrepreneurs, becoming an inspirational role model for other rising stars, business start-ups, women in business and parents returning to work.
Cranberry and White Chocolate Cookies
Instead of giving baked cookies as a gift for Christmas, why not give the recipe for one of your favourite cookies and then layer all the ingredients in a glass jar and tie a ribbon around it. All of the ingredients for these cookies are in the jar apart from the butter and they are very quick and easy to make.
Yummy Salmon and Rice Salad
A lovely summery, fish dish perfect for picnics...
Almond Milk Porridge with Berries
The king of all breakfasts! A great start to the day...
Oat and Raisin Cookies
These make a tasty and nutritious snack any time of the day
What's on this Easter
Are you looking for some fun through the Easter holidays? Maybe you want to go on an Easter Egg Hunt? Meet the Easter Bunny himself or visit somewhere new? Our What's On Guide will help you plan your diary for a packed fortnight local to you or maybe even further afield if you are feeling more adventurous! Click here and localise to get started!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here