Baked Potato Mice
80minutes cooking time
â¢ 4 medium baking potatoes (approx 225g each)
â¢ 1 tbsp vegetable oil
â¢ 30 g butter
â¢ 5 tbsp milk
â¢ 60g grated Cheddar cheese
â¢ Salt and pepper, to season
â¢ 4 small Cherry tomatoes
â¢ 4 Radishes
â¢ Spring onions
1. Wash the potatoes and pat dry. Prick them all over with a fork and put on a baking tray. Brush them over with the oil.
2. Bake the potatoes in an oven preheated to 200°C/400°F oven for about an hour until they are soft.
3. Once potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut the tops off and carefully scoop out the soft potato centres.
4. Mash the soft centres with the butter, milk, three quaters of the cheese, salt and pepper. Then pop the mixture back into the potato jackets.
5. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on the potatoes and cook under the grill for a few minutes until golden.
6. Make a nose and whiskers with half a tomato held in place with a cocktail stick and chives tucked behind.
7. Finish decorating with raisin eyes, radish ears and spring onion tails.
Annabel Karmel MBE
Mother of three Annabel Karmel continues to reign as the UK's No.1 children’s cookery author, best-selling international author, and a leading expert on devising delicious, nutritious meals for babies, children and families.
Since launching with The Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner 25 years ago – a book which has become the 2nd best-selling non-fiction hardback of all time - Annabel has written 43 books selling over four million copies worldwide.
Coupled with a vast digital following, recipe apps, cookbook-inspired supermarket food ranges and menus in some of the world’s top leisure resorts and hotels, Annabel has become a leading pillar for parents who want to give their growing family the very best start in life. Because of this she was awarded an MBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours for her outstanding work in the field of child nutrition in 2006.
Whilst remaining a regular media commentator on children’s food issues, Annabel is recognised as one of the UK’s leading female entrepreneurs, becoming an inspirational role model for other rising stars, business start-ups, women in business and parents returning to work.
Yummy Salmon and Rice Salad
A lovely summery dish perfect for picnics.
Apple and Almond Cake
Delicious Apple and Almond Cake from Annabel Karmel
Apple and Sultana Muffins
These deliciously moist muffins are very easy to make and will keep well for up to five days. They are good for breakfast and can be eaten on the way to school if your child is in a rush.
Porridge with Apple, Pear and Apricot Baby Puree
This makes a nutritious breakfast. Make up portions of the fruit puree and freezes. Then you can thaw them overnight, ready to mix with your baby porridge in the morning. As your baby gets older you can simply stir in rather than puree.
Looking for ways to save money on those family days out? Want the best discounts on those cinema trips? How about getting “Kids Eat Free” at that family meal out? Or get the best deal when booking that UK summer break?
We have the answer!!!
Kids Pass is the UK’s No. 1 family discount pass used by parents.
Click here to join over 1 million members...
Become a member today!
Becoming a member of Raring2go! is quick and simple, and even better - it is FREE! For a couple of minutes of your time signing up you will be rewarded with a national and local newsletter monthly, as well as being eligible to take advantage of our members only discounts and competitions! What more do you need? Sign up today!