During the school holidays (half terms and each of the three main school vacations) the School runs a Playclub for children aged 3-7 and a Sports Activities club for children aged 8-11. The 3-7 clubs take place at the Swallows Campus; Holiday clubs for children aged 8-11 can take place at Swallows, and the Senior School (in the summer).
Registration Forms and Full payment must be made prior to the first day of the Holiday Club. No bookings will be taken after Monday 6th July. Children will no longer be able to be registered on the day. Children in Year 7 and above are no longer eligible for enrolment onto this scheme.
Holiday clubs play an important part in the lives of some pupils at the School and for children who are not members of the School but live in the Coventry area. Holiday clubs run each day from 8.00 a.m. until 4.30 p.m. Details of the programme for each holiday are available in advance from the School office (Hales or Swallows). Holiday clubs are charged for on a daily basis and are extremely popular with children. The School is aware that school holidays can cause significant difficulties for families where both parents work and the aim is to always provide care for children when parents need to work. We do not, however, cover weekends or bank holidays.
Holiday Clubs Information:
- All lead staff in Play Club are qualified to NVQ Level 3 standards and have many years experience in the field.
- Children should arrive no later than 9.15am.
- We ask that parents and carers are prompt when collecting their child or children by 16.30. Parents and carers must sign their child or children in and out of Play Club.
- If your child is to be collected by a different adult, please inform a member of staff when at the gate on arrival. If the person has not collected before, a password will be issued.
- Children should be toilet trained before attending Holiday Clubs.
- All activities and practical experiences will be fully supervised.
- Parents of children who have special needs should advise the School of these needs at least 10 working days prior to their child attending so that representatives of the school can discuss requirements and suitable support can be put in place. Parents of children who require 1:1 support will be charged extra.
- Parent/carers must inform staff each day if children are not attending Holiday club for any reason.
- If your child or any member of the household is displaying any symptoms of Covid-19, staff must be informed immediately. DO NOT BRING YOUR CHILD TO HOLIDAY CLUB! follow government guidelines call 111 or visit www.nhs.co.uk to seek advice
- Please ensure that handwashing/sanitising occurs before leaving home.
- Children will be placed into bubbles of a maximum of 10 children per bubble
- Opening times are 8am till 4.30pm
Holiday Clubs Charges
Holiday Club Day (08.00 - 16.30) - £25.00
Additional charge made for every 10 minutes beyond 16:30 - £10.00
Ways to Pay
Cash – no longer accepted
Cheque - made payable to Coventry School Foundation.
Childcare vouchers - may be used as full or part payment of charges. (When using vouchers, booking must be made at least one week prior to the start of the holiday.)
Credit/Debit card – Please complete a ‘card payment form’.
We are known as Bright Futures Nursery with most voucher providers.
Key Activities at our Summer Play Club
Monday 27th July to Friday 31st July - At the Circus
The children will be making Pom pom clown hats, popcorn art, chocolate apples, circus tent craft and finger puppets
Monday 3rd August to Friday 7th August – Space Fun
The children will be making Sparkly rockets, sparkly space dust, alien craft, a space necklace and creating an alien spaceship
Monday 10th August to Friday 14th August - Disney
The children will be making Olaf snowman craft, a mermaid twirler, fairy/pixie dust, Cinderella’s Carriage, gingerbread men crafts and there will also be a Disney dress up day
Monday 17th August to Friday 21st August – Animals
The children will be making a paper plate jellyfish, animal masks, paper plate snails and going on a bug hunt, paperchain snakes, jungle crowns and there will also be a teddy bears picnic
Play Club Activities – always available:
Table top toys, large construction and action figures
Cutting and sticking
Outdoor play Sports activities
What to Bring on the Day (Please ensure that your child is in by 9.15 am.) A morning snack and packed lunch including a drink. Please note that no nuts, sesame seeds or kiwi fruit should be brought to Holiday Club. Please provide your child with stationary and a pencil case for their own use. Suitable clothing for outdoor play. Suitable footwear for activities. Sun hats and sun cream. Completed Medical Form (if applicable). Children are no longer permitted to bring handheld games, tablets or ipads to Play club.