.Not Suitable for freezing
- 2 crunchy eating apples - red-skinned if possible
- 2 stalks crisp celery
- 60g walnuts
- 60g Sun-Maid California raisins
- 4tbsp mayonnaise
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- Core and dice the apples into 1 cm pieces, but leave the skin on to provide a bit of colour. Toss the apple pieces in the lemon juice to stop them discolouring.
- Toast the walnuts in a roasting dish under the grill for ten minutes or so.
- Chop the celery into chunks, roughly the same size as the apple pieces, then halve the toasted walnuts.
- Toss everything together with the raisins and mayonnaise and season well with salt and pepper.
The fresh flavours make for a perfect light lunch and as an added bonus; the meal is full of good dietary fibre. Result!