15minutes cooking time
- 1/2 pound (8 oz.) ground beef
- 3/4 c. water
- 1 package (1.25 ounces) taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (16 oz.) refried beans
- 1 package tostada shells
- 2 c. (8 oz. shredded nacho and taco blend cheese
- Shredded lettuce, sliced olives, sliced avocado, chopped cilantro, sliced green onions, chopped tomatoes and sour cream
- Brown and drain beef.
- Stir in water and seasoning mix.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook while stirring occasionally, 5 to 6 minutes or until mixture is thickened.
- Spread refried beans on each tostada shell. Top with some meat mixture and some cheese.
- Broil for 1 to 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with desired toppings.
Leek, White Bean and Smoked Haddock Stew
This hearty stew could just as easily be classed as a chunky soup. Leeks and smoked haddock are the perfect bedfellows. It’s really easy to prepare and uses very few ingredients.
Like a sausage casserole but with the added scone topping!
Mexican Chicken and Mixed Pepper Fajitas
The Elmscot Group's cookbook -Children’s Mealtime Favourites
For when you’re looking to sneak your five-a-day into the kids’ diets with ease, Cathryn’s vegetable tagine is jam-packed with flavourful vegetables, and is as hearty as it is healthy.
Now that we are in autumn everyone is looking for things to do with the kids to celebrate this lovely colourful season. Here we have some great ideas, and they don't all involve being cooped up indoors! Get out and enjoy the cooler, fresh air and the crunchy leaves under foot - you can always return home afterwards for a hot chocolate and a snuggle
Be safe this Bonfire Night
Be safe this Bonfire Night by making sure that you, pets and your family know and follow the very important Fireworks Code. Have fun if you are going to an event or having friends and family round at home. It includes safety rules for sparklers too! You will also be able to download our Fireworks Code poster to display if you are hosting an event.