enjoy... Easter Cookies
18minutes cooking time
- 350g Plain Flour
- 100g Self-Raising Flour
- 125g Granulated Sugar
- 125g Salted Butter
- 140g Golden Sy1rup
- 1 Egg Lightly Beaten
- Royal Icing, Food Colouring and edible decorations
- Put both types of flour into a large bowl with the granulated sugar
- Add the butter and by using your fingertips rub together the ingredients until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs
- Once the butter is evenly mixed, make a well in the middle and add the syrup and beaten egg
- Mix in well and make sure you draw in all the flour left on the sides of the bowl and stop as soon as it has formed a ball
- Place the dough onto a clean work surface, split into two and squash the dough into two even flat discs
- Roll out the dough evenly and cut out some shapes with cookie cutters
- Leave to chill in the fridge for 15 minutes while the oven heats up at Gas Mark 4/180 degrees
- Place your cookie shapes onto a baking tray with enough room so they can spread slightly, cook for 14-18 minutes until golden brown around the edges and leave to cool
- Make some white Royal icing, put into a piping bag with a writing nozzel, outline your cookies, leave to dry, this will 'hold-in' your coloured icing
- With the remaining Royal Icing, divide up and add food gel colouring, mix well, pour into some plastic bottles with nozzles. On your cooled/dried cookies squeeze your chosen colours onto the biscuits, finish off with some edible decorations. Try not to put too much icing on as it will overflow!
- Leave to dry - enjoy...!
enjoy...Clairey Fairy Cakes
enjoy...Clairey Fairy Cakes and Cafe is a unique family run business in Billericay High Street. The cafe provides breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea, whilst upstairs Claire's Cake Kitchen and Workshop provides classes and parties for all ages.
You cannot beat this classic carrot cake recipe...
Chocolate Crispy Cakes
Who doesn't love these-and so easy for the kids to make!
Hot Cross Buns
I have always bought hot cross buns-not anymore-so tasty!
Spicy Easter Bunny Biscuits
Spicy Easter Bunny biscuits: easy to make and easy to enjoy!
20% OFF PERSONALISED SCHOOL LABELS
School is about your kids losing themselves in learning; not about losing their supplies.
With Stuck On You, you can ensure nothing ever goes missing again—from clothes and shoes through to drink bottles and lunchboxes. For a limited time, take 20% off the entire range of Stuck On You labels!
Why seize the summer?
Explore Learning believe progress shouldn’t stop at the end of term, and research shows it shouldn’t either.
71% of parents think their children’s abilities drop by the time the new school year starts. We’ve developed a jam-packed summer programme of workshops to give your child the best start to the new school year. Save £50 this summer–why wait?