enjoy... Easter Cookies
18minutes cooking time
- 350g Plain Flour
- 100g Self-Raising Flour
- 125g Granulated Sugar
- 125g Salted Butter
- 140g Golden Sy1rup
- 1 Egg Lightly Beaten
- Royal Icing, Food Colouring and edible decorations
- Put both types of flour into a large bowl with the granulated sugar
- Add the butter and by using your fingertips rub together the ingredients until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs
- Once the butter is evenly mixed, make a well in the middle and add the syrup and beaten egg
- Mix in well and make sure you draw in all the flour left on the sides of the bowl and stop as soon as it has formed a ball
- Place the dough onto a clean work surface, split into two and squash the dough into two even flat discs
- Roll out the dough evenly and cut out some shapes with cookie cutters
- Leave to chill in the fridge for 15 minutes while the oven heats up at Gas Mark 4/180 degrees
- Place your cookie shapes onto a baking tray with enough room so they can spread slightly, cook for 14-18 minutes until golden brown around the edges and leave to cool
- Make some white Royal icing, put into a piping bag with a writing nozzel, outline your cookies, leave to dry, this will 'hold-in' your coloured icing
- With the remaining Royal Icing, divide up and add food gel colouring, mix well, pour into some plastic bottles with nozzles. On your cooled/dried cookies squeeze your chosen colours onto the biscuits, finish off with some edible decorations. Try not to put too much icing on as it will overflow!
- Leave to dry - enjoy...!
enjoy...Clairey Fairy Cakes
enjoy...Clairey Fairy Cakes and Cafe is a unique family run business in Billericay High Street. The cafe provides breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea, whilst upstairs Claire's Cake Kitchen and Workshop provides classes and parties for all ages.
Marshmallow Sheep Cupcakes
Be inspired by these Marshmallow Sheep Cupcakes from Annabel Karmel. Bake regular and mini party cupcakes and decorate these party cupcakes to make little marshmallow sheep
Hot Cross Buns
I have always bought hot cross buns-not anymore-so tasty!
Chocolate Crispy Cakes
Who doesn't love these-and so easy for the kids to make!
Lamb Ratatouille-A veg and lamb feast
Slow cooked leg of lamb with a delicious ratatouille sauce..
Become a member today!
Becoming a member of Raring2go! is quick and simple, and even better - it is FREE! For a couple of minutes of your time signing up you will be rewarded with a national and local newsletter monthly, as well as being eligible to take advantage of our members only discounts and competitions! What more do you need? Sign up today!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!