enjoy... Easter Cookies
18minutes cooking time
- 350g Plain Flour
- 100g Self-Raising Flour
- 125g Granulated Sugar
- 125g Salted Butter
- 140g Golden Sy1rup
- 1 Egg Lightly Beaten
- Royal Icing, Food Colouring and edible decorations
- Put both types of flour into a large bowl with the granulated sugar
- Add the butter and by using your fingertips rub together the ingredients until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs
- Once the butter is evenly mixed, make a well in the middle and add the syrup and beaten egg
- Mix in well and make sure you draw in all the flour left on the sides of the bowl and stop as soon as it has formed a ball
- Place the dough onto a clean work surface, split into two and squash the dough into two even flat discs
- Roll out the dough evenly and cut out some shapes with cookie cutters
- Leave to chill in the fridge for 15 minutes while the oven heats up at Gas Mark 4/180 degrees
- Place your cookie shapes onto a baking tray with enough room so they can spread slightly, cook for 14-18 minutes until golden brown around the edges and leave to cool
- Make some white Royal icing, put into a piping bag with a writing nozzel, outline your cookies, leave to dry, this will 'hold-in' your coloured icing
- With the remaining Royal Icing, divide up and add food gel colouring, mix well, pour into some plastic bottles with nozzles. On your cooled/dried cookies squeeze your chosen colours onto the biscuits, finish off with some edible decorations. Try not to put too much icing on as it will overflow!
- Leave to dry - enjoy...!
enjoy...Clairey Fairy Cakes
enjoy...Clairey Fairy Cakes and Cafe is a unique family run business in Billericay High Street. The cafe provides breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea, whilst upstairs Claire's Cake Kitchen and Workshop provides classes and parties for all ages.
Chocolate Crispy Cakes
Who doesn't love these-and so easy for the kids to make!
You cannot beat this classic carrot cake recipe...
Cream cheese Easter biscuits
These Easter biscuits are delicious iced or un-iced.
Chocolate Rabbit Biscuits for Easter
These cute little biscuits don't just have to be rabbits...
It’s only cold when you’re standing still…
Sarah from Xercise4Less gives Raring2go! some great ideas for family fun to keep fit and healthy. Don't get stuck indoors just because it is winter. Dark mornings, cold blustery evenings and it seems we would all rather reach for our duvet than even contemplate heading outdoors to get active! Remember it’s only cold when you’re standing still…
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!