Top tips on settling your child into nursery from Rainbow’s End Montessori School
- POSITIVE ATTITUDE! However apprehensive you may feel about leaving your little one for the first time always think of nursery as an exciting experience so your toddler or baby can pick up on your positive vibes and feel happy about starting from the outset.
- HAVE A TRIAL RUN. Any good nursery will of course let your child have a practice day. Your nursery will allocate a Key Person who will get to know your child and help them to settle in and enjoy nursery life.
- KEEP SMILING! When it’s time to leave them do it with a smile. If they trust you’re happy they’ll be happy too. They’ll be fine!
- MAKE DRESSING EASY. Clothes that are simple to handle give your child confidence to ‘do it themselves’ and feel independent – Velcro shoes, easy to zip coats etc all help.
- ALLOW A COMFORTER. A favourite teddy or blanket can make the nursery feel home from home and is always there if they want a cuddle with a familiar smell! Make sure the nursery is up to speed on what he/she likes, doesn’t like and what his/her normal routine is.
- ENJOY THE RELATIONSHIP. See nursery as part of your extended family, helping to make day to day living happier and easier for everyone involved!
Rainbow’s End Montessori in West Parley is rated Outstanding by Ofsted and provides high quality preschool education for 2-5yr olds in a happy & welcoming environment.
Click here to view a virtual tour or contact Tina for more details on 01202 897677