Learn to swim – your first month free!
Swimming begins as an important life skill, then turns into an activity that can be enjoyed throughout childhood and adult life, as you swim for fitness and fun, or for other activities from canoeing to scuba-diving!
Throughout November Ferndown Leisure Centre are offering your first month of lessons for free you just pay the £10 joining fee.
There are many benefits of learning to swim at any age €“ here are just some of the reasons to learn with us:
- Lessons are taught by fully qualified swim teachers who focus on the fundamentals of swimming in a positive, encouraging way.
- They are proud to follow the Swim England Learn to Swim Framework for adults and children.
- Their free Course Portal allows you to track progress against the key competencies for each stage.
- They promote quality not quantity and we recognise that everyone is an individual and may progress at different speeds, but when they do, your child's progress will be acknowledged with awards from the Swim England Awards Scheme.
- Free swimming is available for all children on swimming lessons so that they can come swimming with you at other times to develop their confidence.
- They offer an easy monthly Direct Debit payment scheme.
- Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Offer applies to children and adult swimming lessons.
- Offer available 1st to 30th November 2018.
- A swim supervision policy applies. Contact site for details.
- Offer applicable to direct debit memberships.
- Normal direct debit fees will apply from your second month.
- Offers, sessions and facilities vary between Centres.
- Offer is subject to availability.
For more information about swimming at Ferndown Leisure Centre please contact our swim team on 01202 877468 or visit www.ferndownleisurecentre.co.uk
79% of UK children miss recommended fitness levels
A Fit for Sport analysis of children find that 79% are failing to meet recommended fitness levels.
10 Good Reasons to Speak French!
In these days of international tourism, and with so much to learn from foreign websites, knowing one or more foreign language can also open many doors. The younger we learn the better - children learn languages much faster than adults, but it's never too late to learn.
Which Sports Team do you play for?
Which Sports Team do you play for? Valuable lessons your children will learn playing the sport they love.
Splash time with Laura Sevenus
Baby swimming expert and HUGGIES® Little Swimmers® brand ambassador Laura Sevenus offers advice to parents who are thinking about taking to the water with their little ones.
If you are looking for ideas to keep the children busy throughout the Christmas holidays, or the kids want some ideas and inspiration for cards and gifts them take a look at our Winter KidsZone. Jam packed full of fun ideas that everyone can get involved in! Activities for indoors and out - some are messy, some are not! What are you waiting for?!?!
We all know that the festive period is a time for giving, spending time as a family and for over indulging, and we are here to help! Our Christmas recipe section has lots of tasty treats to satisfy the sweet and savoury cravings of the whole family. Get busy in the kitchen with the kids and enjoy some delicious food together this Christmas.