Raring2go! are not responsible for event information being updated; therefore we cannot promise the information on our What's On Guide is correct.
We are pleased to announce that we been doing a lot of work to make the museum as safe as possible for both our volunteers and visitors and are planning to hold our steamings over the August Bank Holiday weekend on Sunday and Monday 30th and 31st August. 10am - 4pm.
Come along and see how our volunteers have rescued and restored 30 old stationary steam engines, including 6 built in Bolton - some of the engines which once powered the cotton mills and woollen mills of the North of England. Our oldest engine is now 180 years old, and most engines are well over 100 years old. Some of our engines are now unique - the only one of its kind to survive anywhere in the world! Most will be running in steam on these 2 days only.
However, please be aware that these will be taking place under “Covid- Safe” conditions and we ask for your full collaboration.
- Face masks for everyone will be mandatory
- Social distancing of 2m must be maintained wherever possible
- Hand sanitiser is provided on entry
- There will be a one-way system in operation round the museum
- In line with government regulations, we will be asking for your group contact details on arrival for the purpose of Test and Trace
We may have to limit the number of visitors in the museum at any one time so that social distancing can be maintained.
As usual, there is no admission charge although donations (in cash or contactless by card) would be very welcome to help with the cost of running the museum, donations to the Northern Mill Engine Society.