Flying with Children
With the school summer holidays upon us, many of us will be excitedly planning to take the kids abroad. A family holiday can be a great adventure and children are very adaptable to new experiences so this is a great time for them to learn about new foods and cultures. However, you may be feeling a little anxious if it's their first time on a plane. Thankfully, Sainsbury's Bank have created a guide to help you prepare for the journey.
What should you take in your hand luggage?
- One nappy for each hour you'll be travelling, plus extra for delays.
- A disposable changing mat, wet wipes, and nappy sacks.
- Expressed milk or formula, boiled water in a bottle or baby food - this can be over 100ml, but you may be asked to taste it as a security measure.
- Blankets to help comfort your child, or if the plane is cold.
- Spare clothes, in case of any spills.
How to keep the children entertained
- Make a travel journal - they can add new things to this starting with the flight.
- Photographs - Let your child have their own camera so they can document the journey.
- Learn something new - Teach them basic words from the language of their destination; use an offline app to keep them engaged.
- Audio books and music - Load an MP3 player with audio books and their favourite music.
- Tablets and readers - use offline apps/games, download ebooks, films and TV programmes, or a drawing app.
To find out about how to deal with nerves, motion sickness and ear pressure pain, you can take a look at the full guide on the Money Matters blog.
Sainsbury’s Bank - Money Matters
For more information on Sainsbury's Bank - Money Matters please click the link below
Best family beach holidays UK vs Abroad?
Best family beach holidays - UK vs Abroad? - When it comes to beach holidays, here are some handy hints to help you decide where to go.
Take a break from technology
Technology has made our holidays better in so many ways – think long-haul flights, online booking and credit cards – but there’s one area where we think it’s fair to say the jury’s out: gadgets.
Relax on Holiday with Luggage Mule
If dragging your cases to the airport and then onto your hotel whilst keeping the kids happy is not your idea of a fun start to a holiday then read on...
RSPB-Four Million Hairy Legs
Four million hairy legs per person...and they're at their biggest now!
20% OFF PERSONALISED SCHOOL LABELS
School is about your kids losing themselves in learning; not about losing their supplies.
With Stuck On You, you can ensure nothing ever goes missing again—from clothes and shoes through to drink bottles and lunchboxes. For a limited time, take 20% off the entire range of Stuck On You labels!
Since 2001, Explore Learning have helped over 200,000 children to excel academically, reach their potential and achieve the best possible results.
Mapped to the school curriculum, we ensure children progress academically and develop socially, changing their attitude towards learning.