20minutes cooking time
- Heat your oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with some greaseproof paper.
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend well.
- Your mixture will be looking very green. Resist the temptation to eat as a dip and form into small balls, rolling with the palms of your hands.
- Place the balls onto the lined baking tray and place in the oven for 20 minutes until they are golden brown in colour.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot or cold with a dip.
This is a great twist on the traditional falafel recipe. If you fancy something different and you love pea and mint, then you'll love these little green, nutritious, flavoursome balls of delight. They are very quick and simple to make and great for buffets with a dip, or lunches.
Inspiration and Tips:
Serve with green salad and a salsa dip.
Great for lunch boxes and parties.
Replace the fresh mint with spices of your choice.
Make ahead of time and freeze.
Heather Di Marino
Health and vitality are important to Heather and she recognises that her relationship with food and cooking play an important role in this.
She feels that food can either be a functional thing we do to stay alive, or it can be one aspect of our lives that can positively nurture and support us towards being healthy and vital.
A gluten free diet is becoming more common now as people are realising that it doesn't sit well in the body. Heather has chosen to eliminate gluten from her diet and feels heaps better for it.
She now specialises only in gluten, dairy and sugar free cooking and shares some of her popular recipes here and on her website.
Heather lives with her husband, Joe, in Worthing, West Sussex. She has many interests such as, singing, cooking/baking, health and well-being, nutrition, writing, Esoteric healing and massage, hanging out with friends, and she looks after a little dog called Pebbles who she adores taking for walks on the South Downs.