This November make sure you have fun, whilst staying safe and keeping everyone around you, children, adults and pets safe too.
FOLLOW THE FIREWORK CODE!
Fireworks Safety Rules for Adults
- Only buy fireworks marked BS 7114.
- Don’t drink alcohol if setting off fireworks.
- Keep fireworks in a closed box.
- Follow the instructions on each firework.
- Light them at arm’s length, using a taper.
- Stand well back.
- Never go near a firework that has been lit. Even if it hasn’t gone off, it could still explode.
- Never put fireworks in your pocket or throw them.
- Always supervise children around fireworks.
- Light sparklers one at a time and wear gloves.
- Never give sparklers to a child under five.
- Keep pets indoors.
- Don’t set off noisy fireworks late at night and never after 11pm.
Firework Safety Rules for Children
- Only adults should hold fireworks
- Do not give sparklers to under 5's
- When a sparkler goes out DO NOT TOUCH IT! It could still be hot-put it into a bucket of water.
- Watch fireworks from a safe distance away.
- NEVER play with fireworks! You have to be 18 to buy fireworks
- NEVER go near a firework once it has been lit
Safety rules for sparklers
- Never give them to young children under five
- Always wear gloves with sparklers, preferably leather ones
- Hold it at arms length while an adult lights it for you
- Use in a clear space away from others
- Never hold a baby in your arms when you are holding a sparkler
- When the sparkler has finished, put it into a bucket of cold water straight away and leave it there.
RoSPA Guide to Firework Safety, Safety Education, Autumn/Winter 1995
For more safety tips click HERE
If you are having fireworks at home with family and friends you can click HERE to download our Fire Safety Code poster to display.
Roald Dahl 100!
Raring2go! celebrates 100 years of Roald Dahl in 2016
Back To School in Style with Maped Helix!
Everybody loves stationery and as a child there is nothing better than getting ready for the new school year with sparkling new equipment and the West Midlands based stationery giant, Maped Helix are synonymous with school stationery.
Could you be a Contributor for Raring2go!?
If you would like exposure and enjoy writing original content then read on...
Olympics Ideas for the Whole Family
With the Olympics this year it is a great opportunity to encourage our children to become involved in some kind of sport.
hosting a Haunted House Party
Raise money for the British Heart Foundation whilst having a fang-tastic time! Entertain your guest by playing ghostly games and dancing to mysterious music. Why not wow your guests with these healthy and tasty spooky snacks? If you would like to do some freaky face paints then watch these step by step video tutorials. Fri 27th-31st Oct
Halloween is the perfect time of year to get creative in the kitchen and making food scarily fun! Whether you want to jazz up a slice of cheese on toast or go full out for a party with spooky drinks and disgusting nibbles we have some great Halloween recipes for you right here. The kids will love getting involved - or have a surprise goulish meal!!