This November make sure you have fun, whilst staying safe and keeping everyone around you, children, adults and pets safe too.
FOLLOW THE FIREWORK CODE!
Fireworks Safety Rules for Adults
- Only buy fireworks marked BS 7114.
- Don't drink alcohol if setting off fireworks.
- Keep fireworks in a closed box.
- Follow the instructions on each firework.
- Light them at arm's length, using a taper.
- Stand well back.
- Never go near a firework that has been lit. Even if it hasn't gone off, it could still explode.
- Never put fireworks in your pocket or throw them.
- Always supervise children around fireworks.
- Light sparklers one at a time and wear gloves.
- Never give sparklers to a child under five.
- Keep pets indoors.
- Don't set off noisy fireworks late at night and never after 11pm.
Firework Safety Rules for Children
- Only adults should hold fireworks
- Do not give sparklers to under 5's
- When a sparkler goes out DO NOT TOUCH IT! It could still be hot-put it into a bucket of water.
- Watch fireworks from a safe distance away.
- NEVER play with fireworks! You have to be 18 to buy fireworks
- NEVER go near a firework once it has been lit€‹
Safety rules for sparklers
- Never give them to young children under five
- Always wear gloves with sparklers, preferably leather ones
- Hold it at arms length while an adult lights it for you
- Use in a clear space away from others
- Never hold a baby in your arms when you are holding a sparkler
- When the sparkler has finished, put it into a bucket of cold water straight away and leave it there.
RoSPA Guide to Firework Safety, Safety Education, Autumn/Winter 1995
For more safety tips click HERE
If you are having fireworks at home with family and friends you can click HERE to download our Fire Safety Code poster to display.
Back To School in Style with Maped Helix!
Everybody loves stationery and as a child there is nothing better than getting ready for the new school year with sparkling new equipment and the West Midlands based stationery giant, Maped Helix are synonymous with school stationery.
Could you be a Contributor for Raring2go!?
If you would like exposure and enjoy writing original content then read on...
A chat with the amazing 'Beat box' guru SK Shlomo
SK Shlomo is an amazing beat boxing, singing and all round creative man of many talents.
The Fireworks Code-Poster
Print of our Fireworks Code poster to keep your children safe this November!
What's on this Easter
Are you looking for some fun through the Easter holidays? Maybe you want to go on an Easter Egg Hunt? Meet the Easter Bunny himself or visit somewhere new? Our What's On Guide will help you plan your diary for a packed fortnight local to you or maybe even further afield if you are feeling more adventurous! Click here and localise to get started!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here