This November make sure you have fun, whilst staying safe and keeping everyone around you, children, adults and pets safe too.
FOLLOW THE FIREWORK CODE!
Fireworks Safety Rules for Adults
- Only buy fireworks marked BS 7114.
- Don't drink alcohol if setting off fireworks.
- Keep fireworks in a closed box.
- Follow the instructions on each firework.
- Light them at arm's length, using a taper.
- Stand well back.
- Never go near a firework that has been lit. Even if it hasn't gone off, it could still explode.
- Never put fireworks in your pocket or throw them.
- Always supervise children around fireworks.
- Light sparklers one at a time and wear gloves.
- Never give sparklers to a child under five.
- Keep pets indoors.
- Don't set off noisy fireworks late at night and never after 11pm.
Firework Safety Rules for Children
- Only adults should hold fireworks
- Do not give sparklers to under 5's
- When a sparkler goes out DO NOT TOUCH IT! It could still be hot-put it into a bucket of water.
- Watch fireworks from a safe distance away.
- NEVER play with fireworks! You have to be 18 to buy fireworks
- NEVER go near a firework once it has been lit€‹
Safety rules for sparklers
- Never give them to young children under five
- Always wear gloves with sparklers, preferably leather ones
- Hold it at arms length while an adult lights it for you
- Use in a clear space away from others
- Never hold a baby in your arms when you are holding a sparkler
- When the sparkler has finished, put it into a bucket of cold water straight away and leave it there.
RoSPA Guide to Firework Safety, Safety Education, Autumn/Winter 1995
For more safety tips click HERE
If you are having fireworks at home with family and friends you can click HERE to download our Fire Safety Code poster to display.
Dame Vera Lynn Children’s Charity
the Dame Vera Lynn Children’s Charity (DVLCC) has been supporting families since 2001.
A chat with the amazing 'Beat box' guru SK Shlomo
SK Shlomo is an amazing beat boxing, singing and all round creative man of many talents.
What is Burns Night - 25th January
What is burns Night and why is it celebrated? Find out right here...
Could you be a Contributor for Raring2go!?
If you would like exposure and enjoy writing original content then read on...
Join Explore Learning and save £50
Since 2001 over 200,000 children have excelled academically, reached their potential and achieved the best possible results with Explore Learning. Mapped to the school curriculum, we ensure children progress academically and develop socially, changing their attitude towards learning.
Win with Raring2go!
Everyone likes to receive goodies in the post don't they?! With our regular competitions you are always in with a great chance of winning (as long as you enter of course!) Head on over to our competitions page and see what is on offer this month-you need to be a member, but that's free and easy to do! Go on, what are you waiting for?! Get winning!