This November make sure you have fun, whilst staying safe and keeping everyone around you, children, adults and pets safe too.
FOLLOW THE FIREWORK CODE!
Fireworks Safety Rules for Adults
- Only buy fireworks marked BS 7114.
- Don't drink alcohol if setting off fireworks.
- Keep fireworks in a closed box.
- Follow the instructions on each firework.
- Light them at arm's length, using a taper.
- Stand well back.
- Never go near a firework that has been lit. Even if it hasn't gone off, it could still explode.
- Never put fireworks in your pocket or throw them.
- Always supervise children around fireworks.
- Light sparklers one at a time and wear gloves.
- Never give sparklers to a child under five.
- Keep pets indoors.
- Don't set off noisy fireworks late at night and never after 11pm.
Firework Safety Rules for Children
- Only adults should hold fireworks
- Do not give sparklers to under 5's
- When a sparkler goes out DO NOT TOUCH IT! It could still be hot-put it into a bucket of water.
- Watch fireworks from a safe distance away.
- NEVER play with fireworks! You have to be 18 to buy fireworks
- NEVER go near a firework once it has been lit€‹
Safety rules for sparklers
- Never give them to young children under five
- Always wear gloves with sparklers, preferably leather ones
- Hold it at arms length while an adult lights it for you
- Use in a clear space away from others
- Never hold a baby in your arms when you are holding a sparkler
- When the sparkler has finished, put it into a bucket of cold water straight away and leave it there.
RoSPA Guide to Firework Safety, Safety Education, Autumn/Winter 1995
For more safety tips click HERE
If you are having fireworks at home with family and friends you can click HERE to download our Fire Safety Code poster to display.
Fireman Sam Safety Hero School
A new family-focused safety initiative aimed at pre-schoolers helping to promote key safety messages
Kidz Bop Announces First-Ever Tour in UK
First-ever headlining tour for the British KIDZ BOP Kids will be in the UK April 2020!
Could you be a Contributor for Raring2go!?
If you would like exposure and enjoy writing original content then read on...
Dame Vera Lynn Children’s Charity
the Dame Vera Lynn Children’s Charity (DVLCC) has been supporting families since 2001.
We build holidays around you. Not us. And with over 175 parcs in wonderful locations throughout Europe, we're sure we've got the perfect place for you.
Wherever your're headed, you'll find the possibilities are endless! So why not make the most of our flexible travel dates and find the perfect holiday for your family?
What's more, you can save £££!
Now that we are in autumn everyone is looking for things to do with the kids to celebrate this lovely colourful season. Here we have some great ideas, and they don't all involve being cooped up indoors! Get out and enjoy the cooler, fresh air and the crunchy leaves under foot - you can always return home afterwards for a hot chocolate and a snuggle