This November make sure you have fun, whilst staying safe and keeping everyone around you, children, adults and pets safe too.
FOLLOW THE FIREWORK CODE!
Fireworks Safety Rules for Adults
- Only buy fireworks marked BS 7114.
- Don’t drink alcohol if setting off fireworks.
- Keep fireworks in a closed box.
- Follow the instructions on each firework.
- Light them at arm’s length, using a taper.
- Stand well back.
- Never go near a firework that has been lit. Even if it hasn’t gone off, it could still explode.
- Never put fireworks in your pocket or throw them.
- Always supervise children around fireworks.
- Light sparklers one at a time and wear gloves.
- Never give sparklers to a child under five.
- Keep pets indoors.
- Don’t set off noisy fireworks late at night and never after 11pm.
Firework Safety Rules for Children
- Only adults should hold fireworks
- Do not give sparklers to under 5's
- When a sparkler goes out DO NOT TOUCH IT! It could still be hot-put it into a bucket of water.
- Watch fireworks from a safe distance away.
- NEVER play with fireworks! You have to be 18 to buy fireworks
- NEVER go near a firework once it has been lit
Safety rules for sparklers
- Never give them to young children under five
- Always wear gloves with sparklers, preferably leather ones
- Hold it at arms length while an adult lights it for you
- Use in a clear space away from others
- Never hold a baby in your arms when you are holding a sparkler
- When the sparkler has finished, put it into a bucket of cold water straight away and leave it there.
RoSPA Guide to Firework Safety, Safety Education, Autumn/Winter 1995
For more safety tips click HERE
If you are having fireworks at home with family and friends you can click HERE to download our Fire Safety Code poster to display.
Exploring the Web with your Kids
One of the most fun and educational of rainy day activities for kids is exploring the web together
See Bing Live! in 2018
Calling all Bingsters! Bing and his friends are going on tour in the first ever Bing stage show!
Roald Dahl 100!
Raring2go! celebrates 100 years of Roald Dahl in 2016
Olympics Ideas for the Whole Family
A great opportunity to encourage our children to become involved in some kind of sport.
Halloween is the perfect time of year to get creative in the kitchen and making food scarily fun! Whether you want to jazz up a slice of cheese on toast or go full out for a party with spooky drinks and disgusting nibbles we have some great Halloween recipes for you right here. The kids will love getting involved - or have a surprise goulish meal!!
Be safe this Bonfire Night
Be safe this Bonfire Night by making sure that you, pets and your family know and follow the very important Fireworks Code. Have fun if you are going to an event or having friends and family round at home. It includes safety rules for sparklers too! You will also be able to download our Fireworks Code poster to display if you are hosting an event.