Flying with Children
With the school summer holidays upon us, many of us will be excitedly planning to take the kids abroad. A family holiday can be a great adventure and children are very adaptable to new experiences so this is a great time for them to learn about new foods and cultures. However, you may be feeling a little anxious if it’s their first time on a plane. Thankfully, Sainsbury’s Bank have created a guide to help you prepare for the journey.
What should you take in your hand luggage?
- One nappy for each hour you’ll be travelling, plus extra for delays.
- A disposable changing mat, wet wipes, and nappy sacks.
- Expressed milk or formula, boiled water in a bottle or baby food - this can be over 100ml, but you may be asked to taste it as a security measure.
- Blankets to help comfort your child, or if the plane is cold.
- Spare clothes, in case of any spills.
How to keep the children entertained
- Make a travel journal - they can add new things to this starting with the flight.
- Photographs - Let your child have their own camera so they can document the journey.
- Learn something new - Teach them basic words from the language of their destination; use an offline app to keep them engaged.
- Audio books and music - Load an MP3 player with audio books and their favourite music.
- Tablets and readers - use offline apps/games, download ebooks, films and TV programmes, or a drawing app.
To find out about how to deal with nerves, motion sickness and ear pressure pain, you can take a look at the full guide on the Money Matters blog.
Sainsbury’s Bank - Money Matters
For more information on Sainsbury's Bank - Money Matters please click the link below
RSPB-Four Million Hairy Legs
Four million hairy legs per person...and they're at their biggest now!
Be Safe in the Sun!
Being out in the sun doesn't have to be a worry for you as a parent as long as you are safe and prepared
Top five apps you need when visiting London
London is one of the most visited places in the world and can be tricky to navigate, but fret not...
Relax on Holiday with Luggage Mule
If dragging your cases to the airport and then onto your hotel whilst keeping the kids happy is not your idea of a fun start to a holiday then read on...
Naughty but nice Puddings!
Check out our delicious puddings, my favourite is the limoncello trifle, not suitable for the kids, but there are some other scrummy recipes that the whole family can enjoy! Take a look in our pudding section for recipes to make summer BBQ's and eating alfresco all the more tasty! My girls LOVE the chocolate pizza - making it, but mostly eating it!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!