Magic Reindeer Food
Magic Reindeer Food Recipe
Guide Rudolph and his team this Christmas Eve with some magical reindeer food. Sprinkle the mix of oats and other delights in the garden - the glimmer in the moonlight will light the way for Santa and his sleigh and the reindeer will have something to eat after all their hard work! (taking out glitter, sequins and even edible glitter means that any food left by the reindeers will not be harmful to other wildlife in your garden.
- 1/2 cup porridge oats
- Dried fruit such as cranberries, raisins
- Chilli powder - just a hint!
- You will need some granulated sugar and some different coloured liquid food colouring.
- Place the sugar in a small bowl and add several drops of food colouring (add more depending on how bright you want the result to be).
- Stir well with a fork until all the sugar is coloured.Allow the coloured sugar to dry and then seal in an air tight container.
- Mix oats and glitter in a small bowl until combined.
- Spoon into a snack-size ziplock bag and seal carefully.
- Make a label and attach to bag of oats and glitter using a stapler.
On Christmas Eve, sprinkle your Magic reindeer food outside while reciting the special poem (print it on the label.)
Then snuggle down in bed and listen out for sleigh bells!
RSPCA are urging people to make this safe version of reindeer food as even edible glitter can be harmful to wildlife.
If Christmas Eve is damp, sprinkle your Magic reindeer food on grass, not a pathway or paved area as the rain could turn your oat mix into porridge!
Transform Your Home Into a Winter Wonderland
Even if the weather outside might be awful, you can still get your kids excited about wintertime
Things to do in winter
If you and the children are stuck for ideas when the weather is not so great, take a look at these ideas to keep the children entertained and away from the TV and computer!
Salt Dough Christmas Decorations
A little baking, a little painting and voila - a Christmas garland handmade by the children
Five Fun Indoor Activities for Kids
Children often have plenty of messy play ideas for outside in the mud and rain, but the challenge lies in encouraging them to be creative and use their imagination for activities they can play inside too...
What's on this Easter
Are you looking for some fun through the Easter holidays? Maybe you want to go on an Easter Egg Hunt? Meet the Easter Bunny himself or visit somewhere new? Our What's On Guide will help you plan your diary for a packed fortnight local to you or maybe even further afield if you are feeling more adventurous! Click here and localise to get started!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here