Magic Reindeer Food
Magic Reindeer Food Recipe
Guide Rudolph and his team this Christmas Eve with some magical reindeer food. Sprinkle the mix of oats and other delights in the garden - the glimmer in the moonlight will light the way for Santa and his sleigh and the reindeer will have something to eat after all their hard work! (taking out glitter, sequins and even edible glitter means that any food left by the reindeers will not be harmful to other wildlife in your garden.
- 1/2 cup porridge oats
- Dried fruit such as cranberries, raisins
- Chilli powder - just a hint!
- You will need some granulated sugar and some different coloured liquid food colouring.
- Place the sugar in a small bowl and add several drops of food colouring (add more depending on how bright you want the result to be).
- Stir well with a fork until all the sugar is coloured.Allow the coloured sugar to dry and then seal in an air tight container.
- Mix oats and glitter in a small bowl until combined.
- Spoon into a snack-size ziplock bag and seal carefully.
- Make a label and attach to bag of oats and glitter using a stapler.
On Christmas Eve, sprinkle your Magic reindeer food outside while reciting the special poem (print it on the label.)
Then snuggle down in bed and listen out for sleigh bells!
RSPCA are urging people to make this safe version of reindeer food as even edible glitter can be harmful to wildlife.
If Christmas Eve is damp, sprinkle your Magic reindeer food on grass, not a pathway or paved area as the rain could turn your oat mix into porridge!
Salt Dough Christmas Decorations
A little baking, a little painting and voila - a Christmas garland handmade by the children
Things to do in winter
If you and the children are stuck for ideas when the weather is not so great....
Here is a very easy playdough recipe to try at home.
Transform Your Home Into a Winter Wonderland
Even if the weather outside might be awful, you can still get your kids excited about wintertime
We build holidays around you. Not us. And with over 175 parcs in wonderful locations throughout Europe, we're sure we've got the perfect place for you.
Wherever your're headed, you'll find the possibilities are endless! So why not make the most of our flexible travel dates and find the perfect holiday for your family?
What's more, you can save £££!
Now that we are in winter everyone is looking for things to do with the kids to enjoy the festive season. Here we have some great ideas, and they don't all involve being cooped up indoors! Get out and enjoy the world around you - you can always return home afterwards for a hot chocolate and a snuggle!