Magic Reindeer Food
Magic Reindeer Food Recipe
Guide Rudolph and his team this Christmas Eve with some magical reindeer food. Sprinkle the mix of oats and other delights in the garden - the glimmer in the moonlight will light the way for Santa and his sleigh and the reindeer will have something to eat after all their hard work! (taking out glitter, sequins and even edible glitter means that any food left by the reindeers will not be harmful to other wildlife in your garden.
- 1/2 cup porridge oats
- Dried fruit such as cranberries, raisins
- Chilli powder - just a hint!
- You will need some granulated sugar and some different coloured liquid food colouring.
- Place the sugar in a small bowl and add several drops of food colouring (add more depending on how bright you want the result to be).
- Stir well with a fork until all the sugar is coloured.Allow the coloured sugar to dry and then seal in an air tight container.
- Mix oats and glitter in a small bowl until combined.
- Spoon into a snack-size ziplock bag and seal carefully.
- Make a label and attach to bag of oats and glitter using a stapler.
On Christmas Eve, sprinkle your Magic reindeer food outside while reciting the special poem (print it on the label.)
Then snuggle down in bed and listen out for sleigh bells!
RSPCA are urging people to make this safe version of reindeer food as even edible glitter can be harmful to wildlife.
If Christmas Eve is damp, sprinkle your Magic reindeer food on grass, not a pathway or paved area as the rain could turn your oat mix into porridge!
Salt Dough Christmas Decorations
A little baking, a little painting and voila - a Christmas garland handmade by the children
Five Fun Indoor Activities for Kids
Children often have plenty of messy play ideas for outside in the mud and rain, but the challenge lies in encouraging them to be creative and use their imagination for activities they can play inside too...
My Year in Review 2018
Print off and get your children to fill in and keep as a lovely memory of 2018!!
Things to do in winter
If you and the children are stuck for ideas when the weather is not so great, take a look at these ideas to keep the children entertained and away from the TV and computer!
Join Explore Learning and save £50
Since 2001 over 200,000 children have excelled academically, reached their potential and achieved the best possible results with Explore Learning. Mapped to the school curriculum, we ensure children progress academically and develop socially, changing their attitude towards learning.
Win with Raring2go!
Everyone likes to receive goodies in the post don't they?! With our regular competitions you are always in with a great chance of winning (as long as you enter of course!) Head on over to our competitions page and see what is on offer this month-you need to be a member, but that's free and easy to do! Go on, what are you waiting for?! Get winning!