There's nothing more cosy than snuggling up for a film, we have put some ideas together for you to watch as a family. Gather your tribe, grab a hefty bowl of popcorn and get ready to work through our list of the very best family Halloween movies! If you think we have missed any classics, please feel free to get in touch and I'll add it to our list!
- Casper - An afterlife therapist and his daughter meet a friendly young ghost when they move into a crumbling mansion in order to rid the premises of wicked spirits.
- Coco - Aspiring musician Miguel, confronted with his family's ancestral ban on music, enters the Land of the Dead to find his great-great-grandfather, a legendary singer.
- Coraline - An adventurous 11-year-old girl finds another world that is a strangely idealized version of her frustrating home, but it has sinister secrets.
- Corpse Bride - When a shy groom practices his wedding vows in the inadvertent presence of a deceased young woman, she rises from the grave assuming he has married her.
- Dear Dracula - Dracula has a great opportunity to try his brand new skills at the neighborhood Halloween party, where he realizes that self-confidence is enough to make him as scary as he ever was.
- Double, Double Toil and Trouble - On Halloween night, two precocious little girls try to save their parents from their nasty old capitalist aunt's greedy clutches. Magic abounds and they meet mysterious new friends along the way.
- E.T. the Extra Terrestrial - A troubled child summons the courage to help a friendly alien escape Earth and return to his home world.
- Frankenweenie - When a boy's beloved dog passes away suddenly, he attempts to bring the animal back to life through a powerful science experiment.
- Ghostbusters - Three former parapsychology professors set up shop as a unique ghost removal service.
- Goosebumps - A teenager teams up with the daughter of young adult horror author R. L. Stine after the writer's imaginary demons are set free on the town of Madison, Delaware.
- Halloweentown - When a young girl living with her good-witch grandmother learns she too is a witch, she must help her grandmother save Halloweentown from evil forces.
- Hocus Pocus - A curious youngster moves to Salem, where he struggles to fit in before awakening a trio of diabolical witches that were executed in the 17th century.
- Hotel Transylvania - Dracula, who operates a high-end resort away from the human world, goes into overprotective mode when a boy discovers the resort and falls for the count's teenaged daughter.
- Mary and the Witch's Flower - Based on "The Little Broomstick" by Mary Stewart, a strange flower grants a girl magic powers.
- Monster House - Three teens discover that their neighbor's house is really a living, breathing, scary monster.
- Toy Story of Terror! - Woody and the gang are held up at a roadside motel and members of the group start to disappear from everywhere. Woody and set about getting to the bottom of the mystery.
- The Adams Family - The eccentrically macabre family moves to a bland suburb where Wednesday Addams' friendship with the daughter of a hostile and conformist local reality show host exacerbates conflict between the families.
- The Haunted Mansion - A realtor and his wife and children are summoned to a mansion, which they soon discover is haunted, and while they attempt to escape, he learns an important lesson about the family he has neglected.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas - Jack Skellington, king of Halloween Town, discovers Christmas Town, but his attempts to bring Christmas to his home causes confusion.
- The Witches - Based on Roald Dahl's 1983 classic book 'The Witches', the story tells the scary, funny and imaginative tale of a seven year old boy who has a run in with some real life witches!
- Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit - Wallace and his loyal dog, Gromit, set out to discover the mystery behind the garden sabotage that plagues their village and threatens the annual giant vegetable growing contest.
For our younger audience
- Curious George: A Halloween Boo Fest - Get ready for a spook-tacular good time with Curious George - in his first-ever Halloween movie. This fun-filled adventure is a bewitching treat for the whole family!
- Kiki's Delivery Service - A young witch, on her mandatory year of independent life, finds fitting into a new community difficult while she supports herself by running an air courier service.
- Room On The Broom - To the annoyance of her cat a kindly witch allows a dog, a bird and a frog who have helped her retrieve things she has lost to ride on her broomstick, making it top heavy.
We are hoping to put a Christmas Family Film Guide together so please drop us a email or contact us on social media with your recommendations.