Our Back to School 'Must Haves'
Well I am not sure how it happened but Reception year is over! I feel like I just blinked.
For a couple of months now the school uniforms have been up for sale in shops and I know I need to get organised, but September seems so long away, and I don't want to wish the holidays away (I am sure I will half way through the holiday). I am a list person, it helps me feel organised, even if the reality is that the list just gets longer rather than shorter. So thinking 'back to school' and lists, here is my must haves for 'back to school'.
- Water bottle - some schools sell bottles at a really good price so check with them. (my daughter has gone through 3 or 4 bottles this year so I am going to try this one and hope it withstands her! This super functional bottle from Smiggle looks great, has a squeezable body, flip top spout and carry strap)
- Bottle Buddi-we recently came across them and think they are AMAZING! No more having to carry (and inevitably dropping) the water bottle on the school run. They do them in loads of colours to match book bags too!
- Labels - We were really lucky last year and didn't lose any items of clothing (just tempted fate!) I used sew in labels but there are other options like iron on, stick on or just a fabric pen.
- Sun hat - essential for about 1 week of the year I know but still needed. Caps or caps with a neck cover are great-they stay on and the neck cover give added protection and peace of mind when you are not around to add extra suncream.
- PE kit
- Shoes-Start-rite have a great selection, we have managed a whole year with only one pair of Start-rite shoes ao will definitely be sticking with them next year.
- Waterproof jacket
- Book bag-usually specific to each school.
- Lunch Bag-if you child doesn't have a cooked meal then this is a must-always remember to add an ice block too!
- Pencil case-we love this one from Smiggle
- Pencil Sharpener
- Calculator, if allowed
- Maths set-a great set from Helix-in a choice of pink or blue.
- Ringbinders or other folders
- USB-drive-I love these from My Doodles-cute and practical!
- Notebook-not essential but if your child is like mine they will be forever writing notes to friends and doing doodles.
- Rucksack - some infant schools don't like rucksacks as children don't need much and they take up too much room in the cloakrooms. If your children are allowed them, there are some great ones HERE
- Diary for mum-life will be full of parties, clubs and play dates for the rest of the year! These have great reviews, or if you prefer a wallplanner these are fab for planning for the whole family.
I know that all schools have different requirements for uniform and equipment needed so make sure you check any list given. As your children get older they will need/want more and more stationery (I used to love doing my 'back to school' shop when I was at school)
Reading Eggs - Finally a Breakthrough in Learning to Read
Finally a breakthrough in learning to Read. Reading Eggs is a revolutionary product from Australian educational publisher Blake Publishing.
Helping you to choose the right school for your child-School Advisor Limited
School Advisor Limited is a great resource for parents who need to make a choice about which schools in the area are most suitable for their child.
How to Boost Your Child's Memory
Your child has an absolutely amazing memory! Just ask a kid to recall facts about their favorite sports teams, Pokémon characters, musicians, cartoons, etc., and you'll soon realize that I'm correct.
How to Help Your Child Deal With School Problems
While growing up, we were taught by our parents and teachers the importance of being responsible...
What's on this Easter
Are you looking for some fun through the Easter holidays? Maybe you want to go on an Easter Egg Hunt? Meet the Easter Bunny himself or visit somewhere new? Our What's On Guide will help you plan your diary for a packed fortnight local to you or maybe even further afield if you are feeling more adventurous! Click here and localise to get started!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here