Teach your Baby to Swim with the New Campaign from HUGGIES Little Swimmers
The Start a Habit That Lasts a Lifetime campaign aims to encourage parents to take their little ones swimming from an early age to impart this vital life skill.â
This month HUGGIESÂ® Little SwimmersÂ® has launched a new campaign to inspire parents to reap the many benefits and go swimming more often. The Start a Habit That Lasts a Lifetime campaign aims to encourage parents to take their little ones swimming from an early age to impart this vital life skill.
Katie says: 'By taking your little one swimming from an early age, it increases their confidence in the water which means that they are safer.
Water safety is very important and so it is essential that little ones get used to the water and don't have any fear, they don't have any inhibitions when they are young which is why it's best to start as young as possible and not leave it too late.'
What to pack for a positive and rewarding swim time:
- Avoid nappy leaks and accidents with a good swimming pant such as HUGGIESÂ® Little SwimmersÂ® the only swim pant with easy open sides and don't forget to take your HUGGIESÂ® Little SwimmersÂ® Hygiene Mat.
- Try and feed your little one 1-2 hours before the lesson: if they are fed any sooner a baby is likely to vomit in the water
- Following the lesson, it is quite likely that your baby will be hungry so have some milk/food at the ready
Katie Mathews, training and development manager at Swimming Nature :â
Why start a habit?
- When babies are introduced to swimming early, it prepares them to be confident swimmers later in life
- Removes the fear factor
- Not all kids get taught at school
- It's the one life skill you can be taught before your baby can, walk, talk or even crawl
- Babies love the water
- Swimming promotes sleep and can help baby work up an appetite
- Taking your little one swimming helps strengthen the bond between parent and baby as well
- Physically swimming benefits little ones as the lack of gravity helps to improve co-ordination and balance and develops muscle control
- Introducing babies to their peers and encouraging social interaction
Huggies Little Swimmers
For practical advice, support videos and a step-by-step guide to baby swimming, go to the website
79% of UK children miss recommended fitness levels
A Fit for Sport analysis of children find that 79% are failing to meet recommended fitness levels.
Which Sports Team do you play for?
Which Sports Team do you play for? Valuable lessons your children will learn playing the sport they love.
Raring2go! talks to Dad and Swimming Champion Chris Cook
After competing for Great Britain for 10 years & a career which saw him rise to Double Commonwealth Champion, British & Commonwealth Record holder and World & European Medallist Chris hung up the trunks in 2009 and retired from international swimming.
Splash time with Laura Sevenus
Baby swimming expert and HUGGIES® Little Swimmers® brand ambassador Laura Sevenus offers advice to parents who are thinking about taking to the water with their little ones.
Halloween is the perfect time of year to get creative in the kitchen and making food scarily fun! Whether you want to jazz up a slice of cheese on toast or go full out for a party with spooky drinks and disgusting nibbles we have some great Halloween recipes for you right here. The kids will love getting involved - or have a surprise goulish meal!!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!