Teach your Baby to Swim with the New Campaign from HUGGIES Little Swimmers
The Start a Habit That Lasts a Lifetime campaign aims to encourage parents to take their little ones swimming from an early age to impart this vital life skill.â
This month HUGGIESÂ® Little SwimmersÂ® has launched a new campaign to inspire parents to reap the many benefits and go swimming more often. The Start a Habit That Lasts a Lifetime campaign aims to encourage parents to take their little ones swimming from an early age to impart this vital life skill.
Katie says: 'By taking your little one swimming from an early age, it increases their confidence in the water which means that they are safer.
Water safety is very important and so it is essential that little ones get used to the water and don't have any fear, they don't have any inhibitions when they are young which is why it's best to start as young as possible and not leave it too late.'
What to pack for a positive and rewarding swim time:
- Avoid nappy leaks and accidents with a good swimming pant such as HUGGIESÂ® Little SwimmersÂ® the only swim pant with easy open sides and don't forget to take your HUGGIESÂ® Little SwimmersÂ® Hygiene Mat.
- Try and feed your little one 1-2 hours before the lesson: if they are fed any sooner a baby is likely to vomit in the water
- Following the lesson, it is quite likely that your baby will be hungry so have some milk/food at the ready
Katie Mathews, training and development manager at Swimming Nature :â
Why start a habit?
- When babies are introduced to swimming early, it prepares them to be confident swimmers later in life
- Removes the fear factor
- Not all kids get taught at school
- It's the one life skill you can be taught before your baby can, walk, talk or even crawl
- Babies love the water
- Swimming promotes sleep and can help baby work up an appetite
- Taking your little one swimming helps strengthen the bond between parent and baby as well
- Physically swimming benefits little ones as the lack of gravity helps to improve co-ordination and balance and develops muscle control
- Introducing babies to their peers and encouraging social interaction
Huggies Little Swimmers
For practical advice, support videos and a step-by-step guide to baby swimming, go to the website
10 Good Reasons to Speak French!
In these days of international tourism, and with so much to learn from foreign websites, knowing one or more foreign language can also open many doors. The younger we learn the better - children learn languages much faster than adults, but it's never too late to learn.
Splash time with Laura Sevenus
Baby swimming expert and HUGGIES® Little Swimmers® brand ambassador Laura Sevenus offers advice to parents who are thinking about taking to the water with their little ones.
Raring2go! talks to Dad and Swimming Champion Chris Cook
After competing for Great Britain for 10 years & a career which saw him rise to Double Commonwealth Champion, British & Commonwealth Record holder and World & European Medallist Chris hung up the trunks in 2009 and retired from international swimming.
Which Sports Team do you play for?
Which Sports Team do you play for? Valuable lessons your children will learn playing the sport they love.
Advent Calendar Competition
This year we are bringing back our Advent Calendar Competition on our Facebook page! Each day from 1st - 24th December we will be running a task on the page and picking someone to win a prize bundle. With prizes from Our Little Globe, Stuck on You, Thermapen, Scentco UK, ToucanBox, HamaBeads, Orchard Toys, Pip Ahoy, Gotrovo and more, don't miss it!
If you are looking for ideas to keep the children busy throughout the Christmas holidays, or the kids want some ideas and inspiration for cards and gifts them take a look at our Winter KidsZone. Jam packed full of fun ideas that everyone can get involved in! Activities for indoors and out - some are messy, some are not! What are you waiting for?!?!