Teach your Baby to Swim with the New Campaign from HUGGIES Little Swimmers
The Start a Habit That Lasts a Lifetime campaign aims to encourage parents to take their little ones swimming from an early age to impart this vital life skill.
This month HUGGIES® Little Swimmers® has launched a new campaign to inspire parents to reap the many benefits and go swimming more often. The Start a Habit That Lasts a Lifetime campaign aims to encourage parents to take their little ones swimming from an early age to impart this vital life skill.
Katie says: 'By taking your little one swimming from an early age, it increases their confidence in the water which means that they are safer.
Water safety is very important and so it is essential that little ones get used to the water and don't have any fear, they don't have any inhibitions when they are young which is why it's best to start as young as possible and not leave it too late.'
What to pack for a positive and rewarding swim time:
- Avoid nappy leaks and accidents with a good swimming pant such as HUGGIES® Little Swimmers® the only swim pant with easy open sides and don't forget to take your HUGGIES® Little Swimmers® Hygiene Mat.
- Try and feed your little one 1-2 hours before the lesson: if they are fed any sooner a baby is likely to vomit in the water
- Following the lesson, it is quite likely that your baby will be hungry so have some milk/food at the ready
Katie Mathews, training and development manager at Swimming Nature :
Why start a habit?
- When babies are introduced to swimming early, it prepares them to be confident swimmers later in life
- Removes the fear factor
- Not all kids get taught at school
- It's the one life skill you can be taught before your baby can, walk, talk or even crawl
- Babies love the water
- Swimming promotes sleep and can help baby work up an appetite
- Taking your little one swimming helps strengthen the bond between parent and baby as well
- Physically swimming benefits little ones as the lack of gravity helps to improve co-ordination and balance and develops muscle control
- Introducing babies to their peers and encouraging social interaction
Huggies Little Swimmers
For practical advice, support videos and a step-by-step guide to baby swimming, go to the website
Raring2go! talks to Dad and Swimming Champion Chris Cook
After competing for Great Britain for 10 years & a career which saw him rise to Double Commonwealth Champion, British & Commonwealth Record holder and World & European Medallist Chris hung up the trunks in 2009 and retired from international swimming.
Splash time with Laura Sevenus
Baby swimming expert and HUGGIES® Little Swimmers® brand ambassador Laura Sevenus offers advice to parents who are thinking about taking to the water with their little ones.
79% of UK children miss recommended fitness levels
A Fit for Sport analysis of children find that 79% are failing to meet recommended fitness levels.
The powerful influence of sport on girls
How can girls find the confidence to take part in sport, to help build confidence and self-esteem.
What's on this Easter
Are you looking for some fun through the Easter holidays? Maybe you want to go on an Easter Egg Hunt? Meet the Easter Bunny himself or visit somewhere new? Our What's On Guide will help you plan your diary for a packed fortnight local to you or maybe even further afield if you are feeling more adventurous! Click here and localise to get started!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here