Teach your Baby to Swim with the New Campaign from HUGGIES Little Swimmers
The Start a Habit That Lasts a Lifetime campaign aims to encourage parents to take their little ones swimming from an early age to impart this vital life skill.â
This month HUGGIESÂ® Little SwimmersÂ® has launched a new campaign to inspire parents to reap the many benefits and go swimming more often. The Start a Habit That Lasts a Lifetime campaign aims to encourage parents to take their little ones swimming from an early age to impart this vital life skill.
Katie says: 'By taking your little one swimming from an early age, it increases their confidence in the water which means that they are safer.
Water safety is very important and so it is essential that little ones get used to the water and don't have any fear, they don't have any inhibitions when they are young which is why it's best to start as young as possible and not leave it too late.'
What to pack for a positive and rewarding swim time:
- Avoid nappy leaks and accidents with a good swimming pant such as HUGGIESÂ® Little SwimmersÂ® the only swim pant with easy open sides and don't forget to take your HUGGIESÂ® Little SwimmersÂ® Hygiene Mat.
- Try and feed your little one 1-2 hours before the lesson: if they are fed any sooner a baby is likely to vomit in the water
- Following the lesson, it is quite likely that your baby will be hungry so have some milk/food at the ready
Katie Mathews, training and development manager at Swimming Nature :â
Why start a habit?
- When babies are introduced to swimming early, it prepares them to be confident swimmers later in life
- Removes the fear factor
- Not all kids get taught at school
- It's the one life skill you can be taught before your baby can, walk, talk or even crawl
- Babies love the water
- Swimming promotes sleep and can help baby work up an appetite
- Taking your little one swimming helps strengthen the bond between parent and baby as well
- Physically swimming benefits little ones as the lack of gravity helps to improve co-ordination and balance and develops muscle control
- Introducing babies to their peers and encouraging social interaction
Huggies Little Swimmers
For practical advice, support videos and a step-by-step guide to baby swimming, go to the website
Why touch typing skills are great for children
In a world where so much is conducted via a computer, touch typists are still in a minority
Splash time with Laura Sevenus
Baby swimming expert and HUGGIES® Little Swimmers® brand ambassador Laura Sevenus offers advice to parents who are thinking about taking to the water with their little ones.
Which Sports Team do you play for?
Which Sports Team do you play for? Valuable lessons your children will learn playing the sport they love.
10 Good Reasons to Speak French!
In these days of international tourism, and with so much to learn from foreign websites, knowing one or more foreign language can also open many doors. The younger we learn the better - children learn languages much faster than adults, but it's never too late to learn.
Become a member today!
Becoming a member of Raring2go! is quick and simple, and even better - it is FREE! For a couple of minutes of your time signing up you will be rewarded with a national and local newsletter monthly, as well as being eligible to take advantage of our members only discounts and competitions! What more do you need? Sign up today!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!