Teach your Baby to Swim with the New Campaign from HUGGIES Little Swimmers
The Start a Habit That Lasts a Lifetime campaign aims to encourage parents to take their little ones swimming from an early age to impart this vital life skill.â
This month HUGGIESÂ® Little SwimmersÂ® has launched a new campaign to inspire parents to reap the many benefits and go swimming more often. The Start a Habit That Lasts a Lifetime campaign aims to encourage parents to take their little ones swimming from an early age to impart this vital life skill.
Katie says: 'By taking your little one swimming from an early age, it increases their confidence in the water which means that they are safer.
Water safety is very important and so it is essential that little ones get used to the water and don't have any fear, they don't have any inhibitions when they are young which is why it's best to start as young as possible and not leave it too late.'
What to pack for a positive and rewarding swim time:
- Avoid nappy leaks and accidents with a good swimming pant such as HUGGIESÂ® Little SwimmersÂ® the only swim pant with easy open sides and don't forget to take your HUGGIESÂ® Little SwimmersÂ® Hygiene Mat.
- Try and feed your little one 1-2 hours before the lesson: if they are fed any sooner a baby is likely to vomit in the water
- Following the lesson, it is quite likely that your baby will be hungry so have some milk/food at the ready
Katie Mathews, training and development manager at Swimming Nature :â
Why start a habit?
- When babies are introduced to swimming early, it prepares them to be confident swimmers later in life
- Removes the fear factor
- Not all kids get taught at school
- It's the one life skill you can be taught before your baby can, walk, talk or even crawl
- Babies love the water
- Swimming promotes sleep and can help baby work up an appetite
- Taking your little one swimming helps strengthen the bond between parent and baby as well
- Physically swimming benefits little ones as the lack of gravity helps to improve co-ordination and balance and develops muscle control
- Introducing babies to their peers and encouraging social interaction
Huggies Little Swimmers
For practical advice, support videos and a step-by-step guide to baby swimming, go to the website
Splash time with Laura Sevenus
Baby swimming expert and HUGGIES® Little Swimmers® brand ambassador Laura Sevenus offers advice to parents who are thinking about taking to the water with their little ones.
Raring2go! talks to Dad and Swimming Champion Chris Cook
After competing for Great Britain for 10 years & a career which saw him rise to Double Commonwealth Champion, British & Commonwealth Record holder and World & European Medallist Chris hung up the trunks in 2009 and retired from international swimming.
Razzamataz Theatre Schools
We Would like to invite you to a FREE taster session !
Pupil becomes the Teacher at Wessex Swim School
Sam Wilkinson started swimming at 5 years old in an empty pool with just a newly qualified teacher and his Dad sat on the poolside. 11 years later and the first Wessex Swim School pupil has just passed his STA Level 2 Award course and has started teaching in the pool where he learnt to swim himself.
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!
Go Ape Competition
Join the Adventure - Imagine going into school and telling your class you have just won them ALL a trip to Go Ape! What a great treat for 2017 that would be. We have teamed up with the lovely people over at award winning Go Ape to give 4 classes the chance of winning a class trip to a Go Ape venue. Live Life more adventuously - our challenge to you